phoenixx

phoenixx

Experienced
Apr 8, 2019
So I'm thinking of ctb by jumping from Beachy Head. Its around 200 miles away from where I live but train tickets are only around £86 (€112.51). Money isn't a problem, going to a different city will be ideal and the method seems like it would work (it has for other people).

What do you think? Good or bad idea?

Reactions: Lux, Bathsheba, Baskol1 and 12 others
Kikoo Loool

Kikoo Loool

Enlightened
Feb 25, 2019
It seems like you seek a confirmation of your decision. Is BH efficient? Statistics say yes. If it's your choice, it's a good mean.

Reactions: Baskol1, Ἡγησίας, Ch92921 and 6 others
B

BaronVon

Feb 24, 2019
It will be my ctb of choice when the time comes, to myself it is a good choice ; good luck and peace

Reactions: Baskol1, Notcutoutforlife, DreamsofDeath and 5 others
SearchForPeace

SearchForPeace

Soo much agony. Little reward. Give me Peace.
Apr 11, 2019
Beachy Head is, for you, accessible. Not sure how far the train gets you there but i'm pretty sure you can get a bus from the station to it. You need to possibly, scout, the cliff to see where the highest drop is, some parts are not high enough. You also have to be careful of the BHCT (Beachy Head Chaplaincy Team) that patrol the cliff "24/7" on the look out for jumpers. Also you will need the over come the SI to jump which can be very hard. Personaly, it's overall a good method? Just going to be the SI that's gunna be the pain in ass. Best of luck with your decision.

Reactions: Meditation guide, Bathsheba, Baskol1 and 12 others
VikingWinger

VikingWinger

Lost soul
Mar 26, 2019
If you jump from there you probably die. If you want to and it feels right it's probably safe option. Mortality wise it's a good choice. If it is personally for you is up to you. Best of luck with whatever decision you make.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baskol1, TheDevilsAngel, Notcutoutforlife and 5 others
Letmego. Please

Letmego. Please

Wizard
Nov 18, 2018
No one can guarantee that it will kill you or that you won't get picked up looking for a spot that has a clear drop, or even that the spot you picked the day before will still be the same nice drop the next day due to constant rock falls.

If you must get a train anywhere then i would suggest looking into some of the bridges we have around the country, at least there you can guarantee the drop & wander past without looking dodgy. I have both lived locally to BH & jumped off a not tall enough building (hence why i am still here a cripple) & i would pick many other places long before i looked at BH.
If you jump from there you die. If you want to and it feels right it's a safe option. Mortality wise it's a good choice. If it is personally for you is up to you. Best of luck with whatever decision you make.

Is it just me or is it odd to say 'if you jump from there you die' 'Mortality wise a good choice'
Then tag it with an article about a bloke that didn't die.........

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, About_to_Go, Redrock and 2 others
marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
that is pretty high

• Love
Reactions: Metalhead, Bathsheba, Glitch and 15 others
VikingWinger

VikingWinger

Lost soul
Mar 26, 2019
No one can guarantee that it will kill you or that you won't get picked up looking for a spot that has a clear drop, or even that the spot you picked the day before will still be the same nice drop the next day due to constant rock falls.

If you must get a train anywhere then i would suggest looking into some of the bridges we have around the country, at least there you can guarantee the drop & wander past without looking dodgy. I have both lived locally to BH & jumped off a not tall enough building (hence why i am still here a cripple) & i would pick many other places long before i looked at BH.

Is it just me or is it odd to say 'if you jump from there you die' 'Mortality wise a good choice'
It was odd. Found the article after I wrote it and didn't care to edit.

Reactions: Letmego. Please and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
phoenixx

phoenixx

Experienced
Apr 8, 2019

I live near Cardiff so I think I'll try and look to see if theres anything else thats closer I can jump from. If I can't find anything else then I'll go with beachy head

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
SearchForPeace

SearchForPeace

Soo much agony. Little reward. Give me Peace.
Apr 11, 2019
If you're searching, you'll want to find something that is "150 feet (76 meters) or higher on land, and 250 feet (76 meters) or more on water" - quoted from lostallhope.

Reactions: Metalhead, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and phoenixx
phoenixx

phoenixx

Experienced
Apr 8, 2019
I think I'll just get a train to eastbourne train station then just walk the rest of the way (15 mins I think)

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
IronTusk

IronTusk

Experienced
Apr 10, 2019
Alot of cliffs in ireland and britian.

Reactions: phoenixx and marcusuk63
A

Addy92

Student
Mar 24, 2019
Driving off a cliff. Interesting. Easier than jumping.

Reactions: jussrav, phoenixx and marcusuk63
marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
Greater chance of survival
not a good chance of surviving a 531ft dive onto the rocks below at Beachy Head , last June they found 10 bodies in a fortnight

Reactions: Meditation guide, Metalhead, Notcutoutforlife and 3 others
A

Addy92

Student
Mar 24, 2019
Think he means in a car. Sure if you were sat on full boost off the cliff you'd be dead.

Reactions: inconsequential, SearchForPeace and marcusuk63
Alcal

Alcal

Cake or Death?
Jan 13, 2019
Also considering Beachy Head. Just a bit anxious about the chaplaincy team patrolling and what I'd say if they saw me. Beachy Head is a lovely place and if I'm gonna go I can't think of a better place to go.

Reactions: Metalhead, Notcutoutforlife, Spookycabinet and 4 others
phoenixx

phoenixx

Experienced
Apr 8, 2019
Also considering Beachy Head. Just a bit anxious about the chaplaincy team patrolling and what I'd say if they saw me. Beachy Head is a lovely place and if I'm gonna go I can't think of a better place to go.

Agreed. Beachy Head isn't an option for me now though. Its around 5 or 6 hours on a train so I decided against it. I do have other options though. Clifton Suspension Bridge is one of them (only 40 mins away)

Reactions: Alcal
phoenixx

phoenixx

Experienced
Apr 8, 2019
Recent news of a woman murdering her son while killing herself here... Deplorable

And this guy who murdered his wife then jumped off Beachy Head with his two young sons

• Aww..
Reactions: marcusuk63 and Ἡγησίας
JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
I've always hated it when someone decides to take their child or pet with them. They aren't doing what's best for them, but what's best for themselves. It's people like that, that make all people who are suicidal look bad to pro-lifers. The child or pet can always have someone else take care of them after the person is gone. There's no need to take them other than being selfish.

Reactions: Kassender, Hennessy and marcusuk63
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
A romantic place to die fo sho

Reactions: VikingWinger
C

Captain Moby

Jun 28, 2019
If you are going to jump off Beachy Head then make sure it's high enough. Don't make the mistake I did in late 2018 where I fell off Beach Head from a height of 130 feet but survived. I say "fell" because I never had the guts to jump. What happened is that I blacked out and fell.

The police told my family in hospital that I wouldn't survive but I did. Though the problem was the injuries I had. These were:

Fractured skull
Fractured eye sockets
Broken nose
Smashed teeth
Fractured and dislocated shoulder
All my ribs broken
Torn spinal cord
Broken vertebrae

I have only just got out and of hospital after being inside for over six months. Other things that happened in hospital:

Sepsis twice
Blood clots in my lungs, stomach and legs

I was told I wouldn't walk again but I have proved them wrong, though other problems:

Incontinent in both my bladder and bowels for life
Partially disabled for life
Nerve pain 24/7 for life
Virtually one handed for life
Forgetful and confused a teary a lot

Therefore if you are going to do it make sure you don't mess it up and have bad injuries.

• Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: UKANNA, Hyperbunny, Meditation guide and 11 others
Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
If you jump from there you probably die. If you want to and it feels right it's probably safe option. Mortality wise it's a good choice. If it is personally for you is up to you. Best of luck with whatever decision you make.
How pissed off would you be.!
It takes pure courage to jump there.he over came his SI to land on a ledge.
That type of shit would happen to me !
I dont think u can appreciate its sheer drop until u visit.it took me by surprise.!
If you are going to jump off Beachy Head then make sure it's high enough. Don't make the mistake I did in late 2018 where I fell off Beach Head from a height of 130 feet but survived. I say "fell" because I never had the guts to jump. What happened is that I blacked out and fell.

The police told my family in hospital that I wouldn't survive but I did. Though the problem was the injuries I had. These were:

Fractured skull
Fractured eye sockets
Broken nose
Smashed teeth
Fractured and dislocated shoulder
All my ribs broken
Torn spinal cord
Broken vertebrae

I have only just got out and of hospital after being inside for over six months. Other things that happened in hospital:

Sepsis twice
Blood clots in my lungs, stomach and legs

I was told I wouldn't walk again but I have proved them wrong, though other problems:

Incontinent in both my bladder and bowels for life
Partially disabled for life
Nerve pain 24/7 for life
Virtually one handed for life
Forgetful and confused a teary a lot

Therefore if you are going to do it make sure you don't mess it up and have bad injuries.
Gosh @Captain Moby ,that is a full list of serious injuires.i am sorry to hear this and the extent to your present problems.x

Last edited:
Reactions: Tabbyql, VikingWinger and Dartz