• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

S

spanishguy22

Enlightened
Apr 9, 2019
What are your thoughts on cutting the jugular vein (neck) as a way to ctb? From research it's the most accessible vein that also leads to death as long as you cut it. So it's not even needed to reach to the carotid artery.
I'm concerned about clotting though. Maybe it could clot and stop the dying process

Last edited:
shango

shango

Sep 9, 2019
I tried this with a boxcutter actually. I was just bleeding, idk if I would have passed out but I dont think it was effective. Plus I guess my neck was just thick in general.

Reactions: spanishguy22
S

spanishguy22

Enlightened
Apr 9, 2019
I tried this with a boxcutter actually. I was just bleeding, idk if I would have passed out but I dont think it was effective. Plus I guess my neck was just thick in general.
oh how did the bleeding stop? you sure you got the jugular?

shango

shango

Sep 9, 2019
I bled for like 20 minutes before actually getting help. Not only that, but I made multiple (10-20) cuts in my neck with the box cutter to get deeper and deeper. It's so strange as well, I was crying so hard when I started but all those tears dry the fuck up once I started cutting. It's honestly pretty traumatic, because of all the blood that came out and not even passing out or tired. Another strange thing is that after the first incision, I didn't really feel pain. I don't really remember if I cut the jugular specifically, but I did cut something and I cut really fucking deep. I had to get 10 stitches in my neck for it.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Coolchicka, spanishguy22 and woxihuanni
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Yeah I know what it is like when you have little bucket of blood and no sign of passing out any time soon.

gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
Theoretically, it makes much more sense to use some type of blood thinner prior if you're going to do this. I imagine with a big enough dose of Coumadin (Warfarin) or injection of Heparin, you could even insert a large-bore IV catheter and exsanguinate in the bathtub. Watching yourself bleed out sounds all kinds of kind of awful, though.

Fun fact: Warfarin was originally used to kill rats, because large enough doses cause internal bleeding. http://npic.orst.edu/factsheets/rodenticides.html

Last edited:
Reactions: ron_g and woxihuanni
F

Final_frontier

Student
Feb 23, 2019
No you cant kill yourself with cutting a vein. The pressure is too less and the slow bleeding facilitates clotting. Also veins shrink when cut leading to even less blood loss.

A

A3re733

Aug 29, 2019
Cutting is not practical, takes more effort to actually go deep.

Stabbing right into the carotids, pull out knife, gg

shango

shango

Sep 9, 2019
Cutting is not practical, takes more effort to actually go deep.

Stabbing right into the carotids, pull out knife, gg
my first attempt at the neck was stabbing. It kinda just bounced off my neck. I used a gerber knife however, idk if a more pointier knife would be more efficient.

S

spanishguy22

Enlightened
Apr 9, 2019
No you cant kill yourself with cutting a vein. The pressure is too less and the slow bleeding facilitates clotting. Also veins shrink when cut leading to even less blood loss.

Then why are there so many reports of people dying from jugular vein cut?
Does anyone know a good local anesthetic I could use to numb the pain?

gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
Then why are there so many reports of people dying from jugular vein cut?
Does anyone know a good local anesthetic I could use to numb the pain?
It's completely possible, it's just extraordinarily difficult. And messy. As for anaesthesia, I'd recommend tequila.

Couldn't resist. Seriously, I doubt any topical anaesthetic will help to any significant degree when you're actually cutting thru tissue. Injectable lidocaine would be best; I've actually found it on India Mart.

Reactions: spanishguy22
S

spanishguy22

Enlightened
Apr 9, 2019
It's completely possible, it's just extraordinarily difficult. And messy. As for anaesthesia, I'd recommend tequila.

Couldn't resist. Seriously, I doubt any topical anaesthetic will help to any significant degree when you're actually cutting thru tissue. Injectable lidocaine would be best; I've actually found it on India Mart.

Yeah I got access to lidocaine. Does it numb the surrounding muscle tissue tho?

The biggest difficulty would be allocating the vein or artery because I haven't studied for it. There are medical videos on YouTube I could use as guide but it's not ideal :/

gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
Yeah I got access to lidocaine. Does it numb the surrounding muscle tissue tho?

The biggest difficulty would be allocating the vein or artery because I haven't studied for it. There are medical videos on YouTube I could use as guide but it's not ideal :/
Injectable lidocaine? Yes. Gonna be tricky to numb the surrounding tissues without actually hitting the jugular and going IV instead of subcutaneous or intramuscular. Again, topical lidocaine isn't going to do much, but it's better than nothing.

It's interesting to talk about in theory, but the reality is I would never endorse this method. Rooting around the internal vascular structures of one's neck with a razor or scalpel would take a kind of grim, stoic resignation and unflappable inner fortitude that most of us just don't have. Not to mention watching your own blood drain out, and the crime scene that you're leaving behind.

Last edited:
Roger

Roger

I Liked Ike
May 11, 2019
The vernacular phrase "going for the jugular" certainly seems to indicate that an attack on this vessel is potentially fatal.

Some years ago I did serious research into late 19th/early 20th century suicides (reasons not relevant for this forum) and I was struck by the prevalence of throat cutting. This was the era when open blade razors were the norm for shaving, and were more often than not the implements used for exsanguination suicides and many domestic murders.
I just thought that a quick single slash across the throat was what was needed, but I think that I now know that considerable effort is entailed in finding and cutting major blood vessels. They can be quite tough.

Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
Have heard of a person that disembowelled themselves before but that's a very agonizing way to exit. Were you planning on using this method? Cutting an artery in your leg might be just as effective perhaps.

Roger

Roger

I Liked Ike
May 11, 2019
Have heard of a person that disembowelled themselves before but that's a very agonizing way to exit.

Seppuku, aka hara kiri is ritual self-disembowelment.

Roger

Roger

I Liked Ike
May 11, 2019
Cutting an artery in your leg might be just as effective perhaps.

Seriously difficult to locate and sever the femoral arteries.
Undoubtedly fatal if you do.

Reactions: Nem
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
Have heard of a person that disembowelled themselves before but that's a very agonizing way to exit. Were you planning on using this method? Cutting an artery in your leg might be just as effective perhaps.
People have been known to stab themselves in the heart, but I wouldn't recommend that, or seppuku, or any type of self-inflicted puncture or stab wound if you can avoid it.

Roger

Roger

I Liked Ike
May 11, 2019
Thank you Stan for the dictionary entry. I didn't deliberately mean to use an obscure word.

Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
Thank you Stan for the dictionary entry. I didn't deliberately mean to use an obscure word.
No worries. i actually added it because it helps understand time of death if you try it

If a person is losing blood very quickly (for example, from a broken aortic aneurysm), they will only be conscious for 20 seconds to a few minutes.[5] If blood loss is slower, and the person does not get medical treatment, they may be conscious for a few hours. However, they will get more and more confused and tired as they lose more blood. Eventually the person will go into a coma because there is not enough blood left in their body to bring oxygen to their brain. Finally their heart will stop and they will die.[5]

Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
I will have egg fried rice with mine please

Reactions: Neville1
R

ron_g

Experienced
Nov 25, 2018
Theoretically, it makes much more sense to use some type of blood thinner prior if you're going to do this. I imagine with a big enough dose of Coumadin (Warfarin) or injection of Heparin, you could even insert a large-bore IV catheter and exsanguinate in the bathtub. Watching yourself bleed out sounds all kinds of kind of awful, though.

Fun fact: Warfarin was originally used to kill rats, because large enough doses cause internal bleeding. http://npic.orst.edu/factsheets/rodenticides.html
Is Aspirin useful too, although it's weaker? Do you have any idea how much to take? I'm actually asking about jumping here.

gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
Is Aspirin useful too, although it's weaker? Do you have any idea how much to take? I'm actually asking about jumping here.
Yes, aspirin is a milder anticoagulant, but I'm not sure if it would make enough of a difference, bleeding wise. I don't think increasing the dose makes any significant difference; please don't take enough to fry your liver. I'm also not an advocate of jumping, unless you're really, really 100% sure you'll be completely successful without injuring or traumatizing anyone else.

Reactions: ron_g
Quinlor

Quinlor

The stranger
Feb 21, 2019
So the lesson is: it's very difficult dying by cutting the jugular...
very disappointed :notsure:

H

Hammer

just about gone.
Jun 15, 2020
There's a handful of cases about suicide by heart stabbing. Intact musician Elliot Smith died this way, though their has always been rumour it may have been murder by his then girlfriend. From what I understand if you do it you need a sharp but large knife, it needs to pass by the ribs and hit he heart, or even better the big tubes thst come out he top.

It has to be a wide knife because a small puncture hole will seal itself cause of the pressure or something. And you will also need to pull it out after or the knife itself will act as a seal.

It would likely also take a few attempts to stab between the ribs unless you get really lucky. So expect alot of pain. One of the ways they used to commit seppuku was to drive the sword through the stomach at an angle to go up and hit the heart. This seems like the best way if you have a long enough knife or a sword, and are fully committed to doing it. I imagine it needs to be incredibly precise so any hesitation and you may end up just missing the heart completely and dying a very slow painfull bleedout way.

Reactions: Quinlor
Quinlor

Quinlor

The stranger
Feb 21, 2019
There's a handful of cases about suicide by heart stabbing. Intact musician Elliot Smith died this way, though their has always been rumour it may have been murder by his then girlfriend. From what I understand if you do it you need a sharp but large knife, it needs to pass by the ribs and hit he heart, or even better the big tubes thst come out he top.

It has to be a wide knife because a small puncture hole will seal itself cause of the pressure or something. And you will also need to pull it out after or the knife itself will act as a seal.

It would likely also take a few attempts to stab between the ribs unless you get really lucky. So expect alot of pain. One of the ways they used to commit seppuku was to drive the sword through the stomach at an angle to go up and hit the heart. This seems like the best way if you have a long enough knife or a sword, and are fully committed to doing it. I imagine it needs to be incredibly precise so any hesitation and you may end up just missing the heart completely and dying a very slow painfull bleedout way.
I prefer the idea of cut my neck( throat )... but even that seems hard to die

Last edited: