Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
John Lennon died violently in 1980. He was an advocate of PEACE and if he were alive today, he would remind us that WAR solves nothing !.

I realise his message . That only PEACE amongst anger can solve human indifference.

But i realise that humankind is full of anger. I don't see love or peaceful minds. I see war in Europe and its just question of will i still be here when Putin has finished with us. FB IMG 1645531356350

• Love
Reactions: GrumpyFrog, Lost Magic, noname223 and 1 other person
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
So should the people of the Ukraine just let themselves be invaded? That would mean no war.

Saying war solves nothing is the equivalent of letting someone attack you and doing nothing to stop it. Everyone has a right to defend themselves and their country.

• Aww..
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, Fragile, lostundead and 3 others
R

raghu1977

Nerd
Jan 29, 2022
War solved the Nazi problem. I doubt pacifism would have helped any of their millions of victims.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: JustAMatterOfTime, Rational man and summers
Sister of the Moon

Sister of the Moon

Student
Dec 17, 2021
John Lennon could perhaps be said to be a bad example of a man of peace. To me he was a dirty woman beater and child abuser.
Jeremy Corbyn would be a shining example of a man of peace.
Just my two penn'orth, don't get mad at me :halo:

• Hugs
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, Silenos, Sprite_Geist and 5 others
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
War solved the Nazi problem. I doubt pacifism would have helped any of their millions of victims.
Yes, Nazism was the problem. Idealism paid for by ordinary people, perhaps people who wanted to live and love. I fell out of love with humankind.
John Lennon could perhaps be said to be a bad example of a man of peace. To me he was a dirty woman beater and child abuser.
Jeremy Corbyn would be a shining example of a man of peace.
Just my two penn'orth, don't get mad at me :halo:
I don't. Humankind is in destructive mode. Its what i sense.
So should the people of the Ukraine just let themselves be invaded? That would mean no war.

Saying war solves nothing is the equivalent of letting someone attack you and doing nothing to stop it. Everyone has a right to defend themselves and their country.
Defending self is understandable. But the message is about how perpetrators peddle war and anger to achieve their goals.

Last edited:
L

Ligottian

Elementalist
Dec 19, 2021
Everyone hates war until they find the right "bad guys" to hate.

• Wow
Reactions: Nolan96, justsayin, Rational man and 1 other person
justsayin

justsayin

Jan 30, 2021
Everyone loves war as long as it's happening far away.

• Aww..
Reactions: notaboutangels, JinZhin, WrongPlaceWrongTime and 3 others
_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
(:"only the dead have seen the end of war" - idk

• Hugs
Reactions: ChoclateIsSweet and Rational man
Istanbulite

Istanbulite

Jan 14, 2022
True.

But no need to shout at us in the title.

• Yay!
Reactions: Toxic Positivity
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
John Lennon died violently in 1980. He was an advocate of PEACE and if he were alive today, he would remind us that WAR solves nothing !.

I realise his message . That only PEACE amongst anger can solve human indifference.

But i realise that humankind is full of anger. I don't see love or peaceful minds. I see war in Europe and its just question of will i still be here when Putin has finished with us.View attachment 87181
John Lennon was a complicated person, his son Julian said he was a hypocrite on this issue because of how he used to yell at him for no reason and then John abandoned his son Julian and his wife when he met Yoko Ono and completely neglected them. He also admitted in a 1980 Playboy interview that he used to beat his first wife Cynthia, something which years later he regretted.

• Aww..
Reactions: Toxic Positivity, whatevs, Foresight and 2 others
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Wars never end well for anybody. John Lennon was right when he sung: 'All we are saying is give peace a chance.' Okay, there are exceptions like defeating the Nazis in WW2, but most wars have been fought because of Imperialism and to keep lining the pockets of the Military Industrial Complex. Don't be fooled by the cries to war. The media gets involved to line their dirty pockets as well. Young people end up being battle scarred for life for old rich people with nothing better to do. Don't fall for it. As Major Smedley Butler said, 'War is a racket.'

• Hugs
Reactions: Sister of the Moon, Smart No More and Rational man
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
With the benefit of hindsight, wars are preventable. For those using the example of WWII, it was a direct product of the dreadfully asinine scapegoating of Germany and destruction of its economy following WWI; a mistake that was not repeated after WWII and has made Germany and Japan among the world's most respectable contributors ever since.

If we go back further to WWI, it was the rather insane alliance system. An absurd series of events saw a random political assassination in Sarajevo somehow led to (among countless others) battles between Australia and Turkey.

Once situations have been mismanaged and escalated, then yes there must be bloodshed. But in the scheme of things, it is entirely analogous to gangs of schoolchildren fighting in the playground, scaled up. War is ultimately an unnecessary element in a functional society, which is the point that the Julian Lennons of the world have tried to preach.

• Hugs
Reactions: JinZhin and Rational man
lostundead

lostundead

Student
Mar 18, 2021
An absurd series of events saw a random political assassination in Sarajevo somehow led to (among countless others) battles between Australia and Turkey.
I disagree with the usage of the word random here. The perpetraitors were part of a serbian terrorist network that was deeply embedded the serbian goverment and military apparatus. And this was just one of many provocations against austria-hungary. Serbian politcians were very open with the fact that they want to unite all serbs, which included croats who they deemed 'serbians in denial'. Because many of them lived in austria-hungary this ideology would've inevitably led to an armed invasion.

• Wow
Reactions: Rational man
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Imagine all the people... who would have better lives if evil didn't exist... 🕊️

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, Sister of the Moon and Rational man
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
War, much like disease and death, is a normal part of the cycle of existence. Be it with or without bloodshed, conflict will exist as long as humans remain human. From a bird's eye perspective is just another contortion and modification of a larger organism that we are all part of. Every day many of our cells die or are killed by other cells, and pathogens fall at the gate of our immune system's fortress.

Putin is slightly based, by the way. I'd rather be under that boot that under the Anti-European Union. I'm happy that NATO is challenged. There are always two sides to all wars and nobody is completely faultless.
Imagine all the people... who would have better lives if evil didn't exist... 🕊️
L I V E ... E V I L

Won't find one without the other.

• Hugs
Reactions: TakeMeBack07, Ligottian, Julgran and 1 other person
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
War, much like disease and death, is a normal part of the cycle of existence. Be it with or without bloodshed, conflict will exist as long as humans remain human. From a bird's eye perspective is just another contortion and modification of a larger organism that we are all part of. Every day many of our cells die or are killed by other cells, and pathogens fall at the gate of our immune system's fortress.

Putin is slightly based, by the way. I'd rather be under that boot that under the Anti-European Union. I'm happy that NATO is challenged. There are always two sides to all wars and nobody is completely faultless.

L I V E ... E V I L

Won't find one without the other.
Yes and besides by cbt plan, im seriously thinking that i might get blown up by rockets.,The UK is barely.1000 miles from the Polish borders.

• Yay!
Reactions: whatevs
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
John Lennon was a complicated person, his son Julian said he was a hypocrite on this issue because of how he used to yell at him for no reason and then John abandoned his son Julian and his wife when he met Yoko Ono and completely neglected them. He also admitted in a 1980 Playboy interview that he used to beat his first wife Cynthia, something which years later he regretted.
This is true, Lennon was a total arsehole, however the fundamental point that "war is not good, peace is better" doesn't get thrown to the wind on this basis imo

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Rational man and Toxic Positivity
Fakereality

Fakereality

Student
Aug 4, 2021
Not a supporter of war in the least though looking at human history as a whole war has solved way many things throughout time most of our history has consisted of constant warfare from ancient Egyptians to world war 2 and looking at depleting resources world War 3 is a inevitably not just a possibility. it's just a nature of things war and conflicts are part of our nature as much lust and other emotions are.

• Aww..
Reactions: Rational man and whatevs
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Because many of them lived in austria-hungary this ideology would've inevitably led to an armed invasion.
There have been plenty of political assassinations throughout history that didn't directly cause a global war that killed 20 million people.

Reactions: justsayin and Rational man
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
If we go back further to WWI, it was the rather insane alliance system. An absurd series of events saw a random political assassination in Sarajevo somehow led to (among countless others) battles between Australia and Turkey.
I disagree with the usage of the word random here.

Yeah, the assassination in Sarajevo definitely wasn't random. It also didn't cause WWI. That war was caused by militarism, imperialism & nationalism, & it would have broken out anyway. There was nothing strange about the alliance system in Europe in 1914. Alliances between countries have never been random. WWI was fought in an unbelievably idiotic way, though.

Reactions: Rational man and lostundead
lostundead

lostundead

Student
Mar 18, 2021
Yeah, the assassination in Sarajevo definitely wasn't random. It also didn't cause WWI. That war was caused by militarism, imperialism & nationalism, & it would have broken out anyway. There was nothing strange about the alliance system in Europe in 1914. Alliances between countries have never been random. WWI was fought in an unbelievably idiotic way, though.
I dont think it was inevitable- a local war on the balkans yes, but not a full-blown world war. The alliance system that made WWI possible wouldn't have lasted for a long time. Britain would've likely never renewed the contract for the entente in 1916 if the war didn't break out. The alliances weren't entirely random, I agree with that, they were forged largely to keep germany in check but once it would've become clear that the german threat was vastly overestimated -they were the main profiteers of peace- the entente would've broken up.

Reactions: Rational man
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
I dont think it was inevitable- a local war on the balkans yes, but not a full-blown world war. The alliance system that made WWI possible wouldn't have lasted for a long time. Britain would've likely never renewed the contract for the entente in 1916 if the war didn't break out. The alliances weren't entirely random, I agree with that, they were forged largely to keep germany in check but once it would've become clear that the german threat was vastly overestimated -they were the main profiteers of peace- the entente would've broken up.

The most awful thing i can think of about ww1, is the 'cannon - fodder' mentality of bone- headed generals prepared to sacrifice thousands of men, to gain a few feet on the front line. Humankind hadn't learnt, prepared to see people die today because they want to reclaim old lands.

Reactions: lostundead