• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Recently I read a newsmagazine article on pilote suicides in airplanes. In recent history there were a few of them. There seemingly was an anonymous Harvard study of pilots with suicidal ideation.

I think an article will be able to sum it up better than me.

"Hundreds of pilots who are currently flying commercial planes may be clinically depressed, according to research published in the journal Environmental Health on Wednesday. Worse still, many pilots with symptoms of depression may not seek treatment due to fears of negative career consequences, such as being grounded, said researchers at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health."

"Nearly 1,850 pilots participated in the anonymous, web-based survey conducted between April and December 2015 and led by Joseph Allen, senior author and an assistant professor of exposure assessment science at Harvard Chan School."

The core issue is the following: Pilots are scared to talk about their depression, mental illness and suicidal thoughts because of the fear to lose their job. It is kind of scary to think about the fact that probably people with such jobs will read this post.

I don't really have a solution for that problem. And I don't know what would happen if they opened up about their thoughts. However I can understand their fears.
I think there are evalutations for pilots to check their mental health. Though it is obvious the people will lie when they are scared to lose their job.

It is really an intricate problem and I really don't know how to solve it. There was a German pilot probably with a psychosis who committed suicide in such an airplane. It is really horrible to take innocent people with them. They did not deserve this pain. All their loved ones suffered extremely because of it. I wonder how he could hide his psychosis.

There are many jobs where the people are scared about the being fired when opening up about suicidality. I read law enforcement, teachers, people who care for children etc. However I cannot say whether this is fully true in such jobs. People just recommended me when I considered to become a teacher never say that you are mentally ill otherwise noone will hire you...and such things. When I asked whether people with psychosis can work at kindergardens one woman replied to me something like "NO pedophiles cannot do that..." As if psychosis had anything to do with pedophelia. She also called suicidal people all the time as completely insane and annoyed me by that a lot.

I can understand that in certain jobs suicidal people might not be a good idea. On the other hand side the society should not be surprised when people lie about their issues if suicidality is so stigmatized and they have the option between ridiculously low amount of welfare money or lying about mental health.

My only recommendations are: less stigmatization of mental illness and suicidality, free health care for everyone, improving the health care system, materially improve the lives of poor people, better education to prevent abuse and its consequences, and murder suicides are evil and should not be considered

Last edited: