J

JGT1

Apr 16, 2021
I run first aid courses and find that alot of students aren't interested in the content.

Every time I have mentioned something to them about their behaviour I am the one who has had to have a talking to from my boss.

I am thinking about quitting
But then I'll have nothing else to do afterwards?

Thejob does give some purpose but frustrating too

It's really hard and taking atoll on my mental health. Every few classes that I have a complaint coming through.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Freyja13, jinx <3 and Forever Sleep
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Things like first aid courses can have value for those few who are interested. Most companies are told by their lawyers to have a first aid course so that they reduce the chances of getting sued for something. As a result, many people do not take the subject seriously and get bored during a presentation and can start to cause trouble.

One solution might be to inject some humor in your presentation to keep the attention of those who might otherwise cause trouble.

For example saying that broken bones are contagious or that band-aids are not the best solution for arterial spray can be engaging. You might ask that for the discussion of an emergency tracheotomy, you need a volunteer from the class. Teaching is a little like theater.

Reactions: Freyja13 and JGT1
J

JGT1

Apr 16, 2021
Thank you for the response. I agree It very much is like theatre. One of the problems is that I have to be on all the time, where the student doesn't. I have tried humour but sometimes they really don't want to be there. I can see why it's a high turnover job.

And now my boss wants me to ring him to discuss the problems I'm having with the students and everytime we have this conversation it's always the trainer's fault never the student. I really don't want to call at all

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Freyja13
Otto Mann

Otto Mann

Professional bus driver
Aug 19, 2023
Search for job opportunities, submit applications, and attend interviews. If you come across something appealing, resign from your current position.

As long as you have nothing new lined up, your morale will decline.

Initiate a conversation with your superior. If that doesn't yield results, break free from the chains.