oxymoron

oxymoron

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2019
i can totally relate. everyday i see happy and healthy people while i'm in a bad status and doctors don't even know what i have; they are using me like an experiment with medicines. also i'm jealous people can sleep at night while i cry every night. so jealous they sleep and they growing up, but it didn't work for me and now people laugh at me because i'm short and i have small hands etc.
i see people really happy and engaged with somebody else, i don't even know what it is. i only know pain. i only crave for death. i only wish everyday is the last day i live. i hope, if there's someone in the sky, he makes me die soon
True, my friend. Some people. Some lives. Some souls. Some minds. Some bodies. Some of us. Not all. But some. Hand picked to suffer. To suffer for life. To suffer so much that you crave for death more than anything else. We are just fading away to death. The day I die will be my happiest day on earth.

Reactions: rue
HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
Not as much as I once did upon realizing how many "happy" people aren't anywhere near as happy as they pretend to be. For those who genuinely are, yes. I wonder why they have an easy life while I suffer physically, mentally and emotionally on a daily basis. They wouldn't survive a week in my shoes yet are the first to say "cheer up, it's not so bad!" or some cliché. They don't understand what it is like and act like it's all fixed so easily - that makes my blood boil.

You're a good writer, by the way @oxymoron

So true! Many "happy people" are just putting on an act!
I feel like a lot of this is a facade and people aren't necessarily 'living their best lives'. I think social media is a massive issue with regards to this.

If you check my Facebook page for instance, in the last month, there is a post from me getting a great new job with about 45 likes/comments on it. There are posts from me visiting a friend abroad, photos of me on a tropical beach, pictures of me and friends drinking glasses of bubbly. Photos from friends birthday parties. A photo of a nice meal. A photo where I have nice make up or clothes on.

Although these events really did happen and were lovely, my Facebook friends don't know that on Sunday I was laying in bed breaking down in tears every hour. My Facebook friends don't know I had to get signed off from my previous job with anxiety and depression for two weeks. My Facebook friends see the glam night out, but not the torturous comedown the next day where I genuinely cannot bring myself to go upstairs for a glass of water because I cannot bare to bump into any house mates or deal with social interaction. My Facebook friends don't see me worrying about my weight after that nice meal. My Facebook friends didn't see the absolute state of my overdrawn bank balance after that little trip abroad. My Facebook friends didn't see me worrying about how I was going to make my rent because I blew too much money on sh*tty cocaine or other unwholesome things to try and numb my brain, and asking my Dad to please lend me money. My Facebook friends don't see the rejection emails or ignored applications from the 6 interviews I have attended in the last month. My Facebook friends don't see me visiting this forum.

Things are not always as they seem.. I think sometimes when we are low, we can automatically think everyone has it easier than us but if you look a little bit deeper.. There was that Chinese proverb that said something like; we have three faces, one that we show the world, one that we show our family and friends and one only we know..

This is just another perspective though. Of course I know the feeling of jealousy, to look at happy couples snuggling up in bus stops in seemingly perfect relationships when I feel so lonely. To see someone of my age afford to travel round the world, when I am stuck in an office being prodded and poked by the powers-that-be on £15,000+ a year more than me that I am not good enough. To watch a beautiful woman not need any make up and to look stunning (although beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right?). To watch someone consume 1000 calories in one sitting and not have an ounce of fat on them. To see people that have been born into privileged back grounds that have had everything handed to them on a plate. But above is just another side of the coin...

:heart:

Yup! People only show their best selves, especially on social media. I mean, as a super emo teen, I posted a ton of depressing things on MySpace and Facebook, but now as an adult, with a serious job, or career, that's risky. Best to just show the good stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Halo13, Lovedove and oxymoron
Unlucked

Unlucked

Student
Jul 10, 2019
Yeah I feel it every day. My body is honestly a prison to me, I look at other people who are able to be happy with who they are. And I'm just like not going to be happy and never will be. Being trans sucks, especially when you live in a country with gate keeping doctors and the only way to transition is by getting hormones illegally. Literally dont have the mental energy to deal anymore.

Fadinglife

Fadinglife

Student
Apr 16, 2019
I feel like a lot of this is a facade and people aren't necessarily 'living their best lives'. I think social media is a massive issue with regards to this.

If you check my Facebook page for instance, in the last month, there is a post from me getting a great new job with about 45 likes/comments on it. There are posts from me visiting a friend abroad, photos of me on a tropical beach, pictures of me and friends drinking glasses of bubbly. Photos from friends birthday parties. A photo of a nice meal. A photo where I have nice make up or clothes on.

Although these events really did happen and were lovely, my Facebook friends don't know that on Sunday I was laying in bed breaking down in tears every hour. My Facebook friends don't know I had to get signed off from my previous job with anxiety and depression for two weeks. My Facebook friends see the glam night out, but not the torturous comedown the next day where I genuinely cannot bring myself to go upstairs for a glass of water because I cannot bare to bump into any house mates or deal with social interaction. My Facebook friends don't see me worrying about my weight after that nice meal. My Facebook friends didn't see the absolute state of my overdrawn bank balance after that little trip abroad. My Facebook friends didn't see me worrying about how I was going to make my rent because I blew too much money on sh*tty cocaine or other unwholesome things to try and numb my brain, and asking my Dad to please lend me money. My Facebook friends don't see the rejection emails or ignored applications from the 6 interviews I have attended in the last month. My Facebook friends don't see me visiting this forum.

Things are not always as they seem.. I think sometimes when we are low, we can automatically think everyone has it easier than us but if you look a little bit deeper.. There was that Chinese proverb that said something like; we have three faces, one that we show the world, one that we show our family and friends and one only we know..

This is just another perspective though. Of course I know the feeling of jealousy, to look at happy couples snuggling up in bus stops in seemingly perfect relationships when I feel so lonely. To see someone of my age afford to travel round the world, when I am stuck in an office being prodded and poked by the powers-that-be on £15,000+ a year more than me that I am not good enough. To watch a beautiful woman not need any make up and to look stunning (although beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right?). To watch someone consume 1000 calories in one sitting and not have an ounce of fat on them. To see people that have been born into privileged back grounds that have had everything handed to them on a plate. But above is just another side of the coin...

:heart:
I feel for you.

ALittleBurden

ALittleBurden

Tens of personalities wearing one trench coat
Aug 19, 2019
Sometimes I start to wish I believed in existence of god, because I find it hard to understand how can life be so cruel for some, without anyone's intentional impact.

Reactions: GinaIsReady and Beautifulletdown
F

Final_frontier

Student
Feb 23, 2019
Sometimes I feel jealous. Sometimes I feel angry. I so wanted to have a family that loved me and accepted me as I am. Some people have a family like that and they don't value. It seems so unfair.
I have a loving family they've suffered a lot because of me emotionally and financially but um mentally ill since I was 12. So whats the point?

• Hugs
Reactions: Lara Francis and Beautifulletdown
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Nah, I think everybody is miserable enough as it is. Just that for some SI is extremely strong and there is less sensitivity. Most people out there who are fine with their lives, including the very rich, if you gave those lives to me I wouldn't take that either.

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Why though? Why us?
Unlucky BabyRage

I doubt I would feel just as suicidal if I were to perceive everyone around as equally miserable. And I think it's less about "injustice" and more about being handicapped. I wouldn't complain about the game rigged in my favor. Jealousy probably wouldn't let me rest until I'm dead, which I consider to be a good thing.

Knowing that there is someone with much better constructed body than mine (emphasis on the nervous system (emphasis on the central nervous system (emphasis on the brain))), someone who is able to process a giant loads of bullshit life mercilessly throws at them, getting out it better than ever, not burned out and in deep denial... This is insulting! An indignation I am NOT willing to leave unresolved. No fucking way I'm going to leave it be. This is so absurd! Just... just who does the universe think I am?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: irrelevant_string and oxymoron
Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
because we are forced into this world, we live, life is a bitch, we then die. I get told so many times life is what we make it, hell no, I have tried countless times to become a better person, but my upbringing always drags me back to hell, to the point im comfortable here now
Ever since I was a child, I used to say the same thing, "life's a bitch then you die"
I always believed this to be true and now I know its true. Other is that we come on our own and leave on our own!

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Soulless_Angel and woxihuanni
Eren

Eren

Si hablas español mándame un MP
Oct 27, 2018
Does it make you feel jealous that people around you are healthy and happy and living their best lives but you are not?

Completely, I feel that every day.

• Hugs
Reactions: Can'tStandAnymore, Lara Francis, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
W

welshie84

Student
Jul 17, 2019
Quite the opposite I get jealous of people who have had the courage to commit suicide, those who have died of natural causes even people who have terminal illness.

• Love
Reactions: Numbtopain97, woxihuanni and oxymoron
oxymoron

oxymoron

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2019
Quite the opposite I get jealous of people who have had the courage to commit suicide, those who have died of natural causes even people who have terminal illness.
Yeah them too. Two sides of the same coin called jealousy.

oxymoron

oxymoron

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2019
Does it make you feel jealous that people around you are healthy and happy and living their best lives but you are not? I wonder how life can be unjust to some of us and make us crave for death more than anything else. Things fall apart right in front of our eyes. The future is inseparable from the present and the present is painful beyond solace. It amazes me how things can turn so bad. Most of us live our lives one day at a time. Hopelessness permeates the entire mental domain and nothing except the thought of death brings a faint smile across our faces. Why though? Why us?
I read this whenever I'm sad and it makes me a bit happy idk why.

catharticEscapism

catharticEscapism

Aug 31, 2019
I honestly find it intolerable to be around people that are younger than me and have their life together. Not only do they seem to be happier overall, but they're successful. They accomplish things, not only in their given career, but in their personal lives too. I can't stand to hear them talk about anything that's disappointing to them. Realistically, I know it's not right to compare suffering, but I would give anything to trade lives and just be capable of emotions again and having happy experiences, even if bad ones came along for the ride with it.

Reactions: oxymoron
oxymoron

oxymoron

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2019
I honestly find it intolerable to be around people that are younger than me and have their life together. Not only do they seem to be happier overall, but they're successful. They accomplish things, not only in their given career, but in their personal lives too. I can't stand to hear them talk about anything that's disappointing to them. Realistically, I know it's not right to compare suffering, but I would give anything to trade lives and just be capable of emotions again and having happy experiences, even if bad ones came along for the ride with it.
True.

Reactions: catharticEscapism
Ky204

Ky204

Sep 3, 2019
I find that the best way to avoid jealousy is to just not concern yourself with other people's matters, focus on yourself. Atleast that's what I do, even if my own self's life is a pretty miserable and sad excuse for one. I've learned to just not give a shit about other people, it's like I'm in my own little world of misery and no one else exists.

Reactions: StillWaiting
oxymoron

oxymoron

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2019
I find that the best way to avoid jealousy is to just not concern yourself with other people's matters, focus on yourself. Atleast that's what I do, even if my own self's life is a pretty miserable and sad excuse for one. I've learned to just not give a shit about other people, it's like I'm in my own little world of misery and no one else exists.
Yeah eventually the pain and misery in my world becomes too much to bear and then I try to come out of it and then realize that my shits too fucked up and I get jealous and go back to my own miserable world. It's a vicious cycle I can never come out of unless I get killed accidentally or I CTB.

B

bpdandme

Experienced
Feb 3, 2020
Does it make you feel jealous that people around you are healthy and happy and living their best lives but you are not? I wonder how life can be unjust to some of us and make us crave for death more than anything else. Things fall apart right in front of our eyes. The future is inseparable from the present and the present is painful beyond solace. It amazes me how things can turn so bad. Most of us live our lives one day at a time. Hopelessness permeates the entire mental domain and nothing except the thought of death brings a faint smile across our faces. Why though? Why us?
I feel like majority of people are suffering and put on a front but they have the illusion that lift is a gift and they should make the most of it, we seem like we are failing because we have given up on life and that's what makes us different. We aren't pretending.

Reactions: Donk
porfin1234

porfin1234

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
My jealousy in the past has destroyed my relationships and is an ugly ugly thing. It was so bad I even became jealous of my own ex step son because I was so insecure about myself and my role in the family. Jealousy just builds resentment. I would've been married and happy if it hadn't been for my jealousy and anger issues. I hope to not make the same mistake again.

Then I was finally feeling better about myself last year (more productive etc) but now am doing the worst I have in my life.. so I avoid Social media and deleted my Facebook account because it exacerbates my jealousy feelings of insecurity.

I think jealousy is the most destructive emotion. Even more than anger. It causes anger and resentment.

Last edited: