Namensjemand

Cursed
Jul 16, 2023
I felt this way for over a decade now.

T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
While waiting. one might dabble with small experiments that might contribute to both a sense of control as well as discover something that if not rewarding, then can act as a distraction.

For example,

Go to a toastmasters meeting to see what learning public speaking would be like.
See if the library has meetings for any book clubs
Take a cooking class
Attend a political meeting
Visit a church
Go to a museum or aquarium
Do some volunteer work

Reactions: imustgo
D

Demiurge

Jul 23, 2023
As someone who had similar feelings, what I did was join the militairy, it gives you structure it takes a lot of time away from you so you just don't have the time to think about this type of stuff, and most of al for me it gave me brotherhood people who have you're back 24/7, my comrades helped me when times where tough so maybe give it a shot.

• Love
Reactions: H.O.Xan
H

H.O.Xan

Experienced
Feb 1, 2023
As someone who had similar feelings, what I did was join the militairy, it gives you structure it takes a lot of time away from you so you just don't have the time to think about this type of stuff, and most of al for me it gave me brotherhood people who have you're back 24/7, my comrades helped me when times where tough so maybe give it a shot.

Wow could u teach me some of the ways discipline was taught to u? I've always wanted to learn from the military

D

Demiurge

Jul 23, 2023
Wow could u teach me some of the ways discipline was taught to u? I've always wanted to learn from the military
What a lot of it boils down to, is that you will do somthing not for yourself but for you're fello soldiers
because if you fuck up the whole company gets punished, so you always do the shit they tell you.
but outside of the military its not really applicable there is no one to keep you in chek, and most times if you fail or give up there is no one to punich you, and if there is it's only you that gets puniched.
Also if you give up fast that habit will disappear there is no giving up in the militairy, if youre higher officers think you can do something you will do that no questions asked, because if you dont you get youre ass beat and youre friends asses beat so you do it.

I hope this helps.

Reactions: H.O.Xan