• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Status
Not open for further replies.
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I really do find it absurd how we exist in such an anti-death, pro-suffering society even know death is all that's inevitable. It's like so many humans forget that they are destined for nothing but to decay, experience loss and inevitably die where all they knew will be erased and forgotten about. To me it's very tragic how society is this way as the fact that many humans are so anti-death and wish to prolong meaningless and unnecessary suffering no matter what just harms others.

In my case I see suicide as rational as it's the way to free myself from the burden of existence, preventing all future suffering as a result. No matter what only non-existence could ever be desirable to me, I'd always prefer to be eternally unaware than to suffer in this futile existence that I never wished for in the first place. I only see non-existence as ideal as it's the permanent absence of all torment and harm, for me existence itself is the problem as it's the source of all suffering.

It doesn't make sense how so many humans are so anti-suicide and anti-death when they are all just going to die anyway as well and there is no escaping that, all humans are just slowly dying and waiting around to die in this existence that will inevitably disappear into nothingness. And it's such extreme cruelty how people cannot choose when that will be, it will always be unaceptable how people cannot take control over their inevitable fate in a peaceful, guaranteed way.

In fact I see suicide as something relieving and positive as it's the way to escape from suffering in an existence that will just decay and die anyway. I see nothing appealing about deteriorating from age especially as there is no limit as to how much one can suffer and I'd prefer to avoid all suffering, I wish death is accepted rather than there being so much denial towards it.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Death is inevitable indeed. I can't wait for the day where I no longer have to think and function for the rest of eternity. Life was never meant for me in the first place and there's nothing that I can do to make life be worth living in my case. My neurotype (due to autism) makes me incompatible with life and also makes me highly compatible with death. Being non existent for all eternity sounds so beautiful to me and will always be unless if there's some miracle that makes me think otherwise.

Either way, I hope that you find peace soon

logi3535

logi3535

even in death, may you be triumphant
Jan 8, 2024
death is inevitable, but to the general mass, theres no reason to cut the cord short. There is plenty of joy to be found in life, and equal despair as well, and it's unfair that some have it worse off than others, but in the end there isn't much you can do.

I think if suicide wasn't so taboo and a cause for concern at the moment it's mentioned, and if it was more open and accepted by the public, then perhaps suicide rates would actually go down, I've often found that the reason so many people take their life on impulse is because they're caught in a "now or never" mindset, but if it was a topic more open for discussion among friends and family, then it might not create that mindset, and people don't have to succumb to taking their life

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
The thing I don't understand is why they restrict other people's right to die
People restrict others wish to die because they think they aren't in the right mind to come to their suicide wish from the rational perspective. They think you can be fixed which is true in some cases which is why it is applied so broadly. It also brings hell to the family of deceased person which is also why it's viewed so negative

O

Orange Cat

Oct 19, 2023
Most people aren't obsessed with death. They know that they are going to die someday. They live in the moment and make the most of it. Just because they know they are going to die someday doesn't mean that they can't enjoy life in the meantime.

hibikikyuxx

hibikikyuxx

Student
Oct 17, 2023
People restrict others wish to die because they think they aren't in the right mind
There is a difference between thinking something and doing something. I think that abusers, rapists, and murderers deserve to die but that doesn't mean that I would ever go out to kill such people, because it's not right. People restricting others wish to die is sadistic and cruel.
to come to their suicide wish from the rational perspective.
If anything, people who would rather die than live in this world, have a much more rational mind, than the people who want to live in this world. Life on earth is hell, animals get slaughtered by humans for food and clothes, humans hurt and kill each other, the rich people are selfish and don't help the poor people, all kinds of illnesses exist, wars happen everyday everywhere, etc. There are at least over 100 reasons as to why no normal person would want to live on this planet, and there are also over 100 reasons why choosing death over life on this planet, is a way more rational decision.
They think you can be fixed which is true in some cases
Yeah, "in some" cases, and only if they shove medications down your throat.
It also brings hell to the family of deceased person
LOL. The family are the ones who brought the person into existence against their will, they have nobody to blame but themselves, the fact that people are more concerned about how they will feel rather than how the suicidal person feels, shows how selfish those people are.

Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
Reminds me of the time when I had to face court for killing a man. I patiently explained to the jury that he was going to die anyway at some point. The case was dismissed and I walked free.

Thankfully someone attempting suicide, isn't seen as attempted self murder anymore. Murder is a crime, because someone is dying against their will.

Some people consider denial of euthanasia as a type of crime, because you are imposing a mandatory life sentence on someone who is only guilty of being born.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
There is a difference between thinking something and doing something. I think that abusers, rapists, and murderers deserve to die but that doesn't mean that I would ever go out to kill such people, because it's not right. People restricting others wish to die is sadistic and cruel.
So if a child came to you and told you he was gonna die you wouldn't stop to them? Same for someone under influence of drugs or psychotic episode?
If anything, people who would rather die than live in this world, have a much more rational mind, than the people who want to live in this world. Life on earth is hell, animals get slaughtered by humans for food and clothes, humans hurt and kill each other, the rich people are selfish and don't help the poor people, all kinds of illnesses exist, wars happen everyday everywhere, etc. There are at least over 100 reasons as to why no normal person would want to live on this planet, and there are also over 100 reasons why choosing death over life on this planet, is a way more rational decision.
If you have a nice life and are not suffering but you decide to die because someone else somewhere else is suffering or you decide to do because down the road you might suffer it is absolutely irrational. Why not see if you can overcome that suffering you may face?
Yeah, "in some" cases, and only if they shove medications down your throat.
Not true. Psychotherapy helps people. In some cases medications help as well.
LOL. The family are the ones who brought the person into existence against their will, they have nobody to blame but themselves, the fact that people are more concerned about how they will feel rather than how the suicidal person feels, shows how selfish those people are.
It's selfish now to care about your son, husband etc and trying to help them live instead of just saying "you want to die, go ahead" ? Sounds very cruel to me. The opposite of empathy. Empathy is when you care and try to help a person live longer if that's possible. Not just sit there and let them die because apparently you brought them into the world against their will and the world is such a terrible place that the best way to go is to die. What a terrible logic.

People aren't concerned more about how they will feel. That's why they care, it's a mutual thing. If they see a possibility of you recover, why wouldn't they try and help you, especially if your death can cause so much grief and suffering. Of course they will try to help and it is right to do so. Helping someone recover isn't restricting their right to die in any way.

Reactions: walkingdead2023
hibikikyuxx

hibikikyuxx

Student
Oct 17, 2023
So if a child came to you and told you he was gonna die you wouldn't stop to them?
What a terrible logic. I want to die since I'm 13 and now that I'm in my mid 20s, it's only gotten worse for me over the years. Being a child doesn't mean that your feelings aren't valid.
Same for someone under influence of drugs or psychotic episode?
That would depend on whether their suicidal tendencies came from the drugs/psychotic episode, or if they generally have suicidal tendencies.
If you have a nice life and are not suffering but you decide to die because someone else somewhere else is suffering or you decide to do because down the road you might suffer it is absolutely irrational
Nobody ever said something like that. All I said is that death is a more rational choice than life on this planet. Sure, someone can have a "nice life", but that doesn't change erase all the suffering that is happening around the world. It's not for me. Being ignorant and ignoring have many people suffer every day, how much unfair and cruel shit is happening everywhere every day.
Why not see if you can overcome that suffering you may face?
Because you're gonna die anyway. Everyone is.
Not true. Psychotherapy helps people. In some cases medications help as well.
I don't trust doctors and therapists. Many of them are selfish and greedy, only doing it for the money. Similiar to the suicide hotlines that are useless asf and act like bots eith the same questions and same "answers".
It's selfish now to care about your son, husband etc and trying to help them live instead of just saying "you want to die, go ahead" ? Sounds very cruel to me.
What sounds cruel to me is bringing someone into existence despite knowing how cruel and unfair life is, and then forcing that person to live and slave away for the rest of their life. Someone who brings a person into this world, leading to that person being able to suffer and die at any given moment, shouldn't have any right to restrict that person's wish to die. It's selfish to bring someone into this world, and "trying to help them live" is literally just "try to live for me so I don't have to be sad".
The opposite of empathy. Empathy is when you care and try to help a person live longer if that's possible. Not just sit there and let them die because apparently you brought them into the world against their will and the world is such a terrible place that the best way to go is to die. What a terrible logic.
If you truly cared about someone then you would respect their wish, no matter what it is. Nobody asked to be born, and forcing someone to live, even though they never asked to be born, is just cruel. That's not empathy. That's just selfish. I have empathy for animals, children, poor people, and pretty much anyone innocent, but I want to die. Respecting someone's wish to die does not mean that you aren't empathetic. It's the exact opposite, in fact. People are allowed to force someone into existence, but not allowed to die. That sounds pretty fucked up and unfair, if you ask me. "Try to help a person live longer and suffer more" is not empathy. Not everyone can recover and not everyone wants to recover. It's not worth the effort and time. Depression stays with you no matter what.
People aren't concerned more about how they will feel.
They are though. If you cared more about how the suicidal person feels than about your own feelings, then you would respect the suicidal person's wish to die.
That's why they care, it's a mutual thing.
You don't truly care about someone if you force them to live and continue suffering.
If they see a possibility of you recover, why wouldn't they try and help you
Not everyone can recover and not everyone wants to recover. It's not worth the effort and time.
especially if your death can cause so much grief and suffering
See? That's what I meant. That's what being concerned more about your own feelings than the feelings of the suicidal person's feelings, literally means. The whole guilt trip bs. "If you're gonna do this then I'm gonna be very sad". That's what this is.
Of course they will try to help and it is right to do so.
No it's not.
Helping someone recover isn't restricting their right to die in any way.
Like I said, not everyone can recover and not everyone wants to recover. It's not worth the time and effort, and depression stays with you no matter what anyway.

Last edited:
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
What a terrible logic. I want to die since I'm 13 and now that I'm in my mid 20s, it's only gotten worse for me over the years. Being a child doesn't mean that your feelings aren't valid.
So yes then? If a 10 year old child asks you to help them open a window and jump you will let them? Their feelings are valid after all
That would depend on whether their suicidal tendencies came from the drugs/psychotic episode, or if they generally have suicidal tendencies.
From the episode.
Nobody ever said something like that. All I said is that death is a more rational choice than life on this planet. Sure, someone can have a "nice life", but that doesn't change erase all the suffering that is happening around the world. It's not for me. Being ignorant and ignoring have many people suffer every day, how much unfair and cruel shit is happening everywhere everday.
So the solution to that is to die? You can at least dedicate yourself to a cause if you care so much. Live your life improving the world not committing suicide.
Because you're gonna die anyway. Everyone is.
So, if we are gonna die anyway then it's better to just not live at all? Illogical
I don't trust doctors and therapists. They're all selfish and are only doing it for the money. Similiar to the suicide hotlines that are useless asf and act like bots eith the same questions and same "answers".
Well you don't trust but they do help people
What sounds cruel to me is bringing someone into existence despite knowing how cruel and unfair life is, and then forcing that person to live and slave away for the rest of their life. Someone who brings a person into this world, leading to that person being able to suffer and die at any given moment, shouldn't have any right to restrict that person's wish to die. It's selfish to bring someone into this world, and "trying to help them live" is literally just "try to live for me so I don't how be sad'.
Not everyone is unhappy. Some people are perfectly content with being born and living happy lives slaving away at their jobs. And for some reason, if those people have struggles, they don't throw themselves out of the window, they see the struggle as necessary part of life and overcome it if they can. But again, they are gonna die anyways so why not just die? Illogical.
If you truly cared about someone then you would respect their wish, no matter what it is. Nobody asked to be born, and forcing someone to live, even though they never asked to be born, is just cruel
Nope. It's cruel to let a person die when they have a chance to live a happy life and recover
. That's not empathy. That's just selfish. I have empathy for animals, children, poor people, and pretty much anyone innocent, but I want to die. Respecting someone's wish to die does not mean that you aren't empathetic. It's the exact opposite, in fact.
Again. So you would let a child die, etc. anyone who comes to you and says hey I want to die you are gonna let them die?without any evaluation? How do you not see that as cruel?
People are allowed to force someone into existence, but not allowed to die. That sounds pretty fucked up and unfair, if you ask me. "Try to help a person live longer and suffer more" is not empathy. Not everyone can recover and not everyone wants to recover. It's not worth the effort and time. Depression stays with you no matter what.
No. Not suffer more. Live more and possibly recover instead of cutting short their life and dying. Some people recover from depression and are fine it's just a period for them. Not everyone is the same way so the best way is to help the person live longer and to see if it goes away and if it doesn't then they can do what they like. The other side of that is just letting anyone who wants to die die. Which is again; cruel. If our society was that way it would be a one huge disaster. This kind of thinking isn't feasible in the world at all.

Reactions: walkingdead2023
hibikikyuxx

hibikikyuxx

Student
Oct 17, 2023
So yes then? If a 10 year old child asks you to help them open a window and jump you will let them? Their feelings are valid after all
If you were about to jump out of the window but someone comes to save you, would you let them stop you?
From the episode.
Then no.
So the solution to that is to die?
Yes. Because everyone dies one day anyway, so there is no point.
You can at least dedicate yourself to a cause if you care so much.
Do you think I'm the first person to think like that? If dedicating yourself to a cause stops the suffering around the world, then the suffering around the world would have long stopped by now. That's insignificant.
Live your life improving the world not committing suicide.
Thanks I'm cured now.
So, if we are gonna die anyway then it's better to just not live at all?
Yes.
Well you don't trust but they do help people
Only for the money and most of them are useless.
Not everyone is unhappy.
I never said that.
Some people are perfectly content with being born and living happy lives slaving away at their jobs.
Because their parents, religion, and education brainwashed them.
And for some reason, if those people have struggles, they don't throw themselves out of the window, they see the struggle as necessary part of life and overcome it if they can.
They lack the brain cells to come to the conclusion that life is pointless.
But again, they are gonna die anyways so why not just die?
Same answer as above.
Nope. It's cruel to let a person die when they have a chance to live a happy life and recover
Nope. It's cruel to force a person to live and continue suffering even though they don't want to live.
Again. So you would let a child die, etc. anyone who comes to you and says hey I want to die you are gonna let them die?
Yes. I want to die since I'm 13, why would I stop another person from dying? I would only stop/save another person from dying if they needed help or someone tried to kill them,
How do you not see that as cruel?
How do you not see forcing someone to live and suffer as cruel?
No. Not suffer more. Live more and possibly recover instead of cutting short their life and dying.
Again, not everyone can recover and not everyone wants to recover. It's not worth the time and effort. And everyone dies anyway, so there is no point. Suicide saves a person from a lot of suffering and slavery.
Some people recover from depression and are fine it's just a period for them
Yes, "some people", not "everyone". I've seen many depressed people who said that antidepressants didn't work for them at all.
Not everyone is the same way so the best way is to help the person live longer and to see if it goes away and if it doesn't then they can do what they like.
That's cruel and pointless. "Hey, I don't know if you can recover from your depression, but anyway, continue living and suffering, who knows maybe your depression goes away". That's what non-suicidal people say to suicidal people, and then 30 years or so pass, and nothing has changed.
The other side of that is just letting anyone who wants to die die.
Yes.
Which is again; cruel.
Nope. What's cruel is forcing someone into existence and suffering.
If our society was that way it would be a one huge disaster.
Yes because society is full of brainwashed people who slave away for 50+ years of their lives. If you removed religion and the corrupt government, every person would pick death over life, euthanasia would be the biggest hit.
This kind of thinking isn't feasible in the world at all.
You mean that it's not feasible on this planet that has been infected and destroyed by humanity since decades. Because a fairy tale book told them that they would go to a bad bad place if they committed suicide because the incompetent magic man up in the sky would be angry.

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
If you were about to jump out of the window but someone comes to save you, would you let them stop you?
I probably wouldn't but doesn't mean it wouldn't help me in the long process if they did
Ok
Yes. Because everyone dies one day anyway, so there is no point.
No point for you. Why are you forcing your point of view onto others?
Do you think I'm the first person to think like that? If dedicating yourself to a cause stops the suffering around the world, then the suffering around the world would have long stopped by now. That's insignificant.
Not all of it. Some if it surely does stop. There are ways to alleviate the suffering in the world. You can't stop all suffering, some of it? Surely
Thanks I'm cured now.
Ok
ok
Only for the money and most of them are useless.
Generalisation again. No, some are helped and recover
I never said that.
Ok
Because their parents, religion, and education brainwashed them.
That's your point of view again. I think it isn't true. There is unique value to life even if you don't see it.
They lack the brain cells to come to the conclusion that life is pointless.
For you it is. Not for others. Are you smarter than billions of other people who do not seek death like you?
Same answer as above.

Nope. It's cruel to force a person to live and continue suffering even though they don't want to live.
They may not suffer anymore they may get better
Yes. I want to die since I'm 13, why would I stop another person from dying? I would only stop/save another person from dying if they needed help or someone tried to kill them,
Lol ok I guess that's the end. As soon as you say that you would let anyone who comes to you die without doing some sort of evaluation then we can end this conversation. I'm glad your views aren't the majority in this world. If they were the world would be hell.
Maybe the child needs help but they can't articulate it in any way so they tell you they want to die? Holy shit.
How do you not see forcing someone to live and suffer as cruel?
Again they may stop suffering. Not every case is someone with literal chronic illness who is being forced to live against their will. You need to have some sort of evaluation here you can't just let anyone who tells you they want to die die.
Again, not everyone can recover and not everyone wants to recover. It's not worth the time and effort. And everyone dies anyway, so there is no point. Suicide saves a person from a lot of suffering and slavery.
That's generalisation. Some people aren't slaving away. Some people aren't suffering so much that they think about death at all. And even if they slave away, they may love it. Who are you to say what's better for them? Because you decided for yourself?
Yes, "some people", not "everyone". I've seen many depressed people who said that antidepressants didn't work for them at all.
Yes that's why they try some help first before committing suicide. But in your case they wouldn't try anything to get better, they would just ctb as they wish.
That's cruel and pointless. "Hey, I don't know if you can recover from your depression, but anyway, continue living and suffering, who knows maybe your depression goes away". That's what non-suicidal people say to suicidal people, and then 30 years or so pass, and nothing has changed.
No what's better is. "Hey I want to die" ok go ahead no need to try anything at all just go ahead and ctb. Is that rational? A middle ground is needed
Yes.

Nope. What's cruel is forcing someone into existence and suffering.
Again suffering is individual. You are generalising the whole world population. Some people love suffering. Some people don't suffer as much as others. Some people don't even consider it suffering,
Yes because society is full of brainwashed people who slave away for 50+ years of their lives. If you removed religion and the corrupt government, every person would pick death over life, euthanasia would be the biggest hit.
I don't think so and there is no evidence to support this claim.
You mean that it's not feasible on this planet that has been infected and destroyed by humanity since decades.
Strange, how did we make it for 100000 years living and didn't die out? Strange…
Because a fairy tale book told them that they would go to a bad bad place if they committed suicide because the incompetent magic man up in the sky would be angry.
Not everyone is Christian. Not everyone believes suicide leads you to hell. And even if they do, if they can't handle their life they would still ctb.

But you said everything I wanted to hear when you said that if a child expresses a wish to die to you you would let them die without doing any form of evaluation at all all because you were suicidal since 13 so it makes sense that every single child that would hypothetically come to you would be the same way as you were without chances of recovering. I think I have had enough of this conversation.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that's just me
Sep 13, 2023
Reminds me of the time when I had to face court for killing a man. I patiently explained to the jury that he was going to die anyway at some point. The case was dismissed and I walked free.
Lol I understand that killing another person is a crime but why is killing *yourself* considered a crime by society? You are yourself, it's not like you took another person's life. I don't consider suicide to be "self-murder" or some other bs

Reactions: hibikikyuxx
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
Lol I understand that killing another person is a crime but why is killing *yourself* considered a crime by society?
It's not, people do it every day, nobody has been prosecuted for suicide in a century

Reactions: sserafim
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
And yet it's still not enough. I need more. I wish there was a way to inject a super saturated form of FC directly into my bloodstream every day.

I feel quite sure OP could produce audiobooks and have them pumped through the speakers at Dignitas. Hell, I would listen to them while going about my business in general.

Big ups to the only forum member who can make Nietzsche sound like Peppa Pig. Three cheers.

hibikikyuxx

hibikikyuxx

Student
Oct 17, 2023
I probably wouldn't but doesn't mean it wouldn't help me in the long process if they did
How would you know that? Can you look into the future?
No point for you.
No point for everyone. Everyone dies no matter what.
Why are you forcing your point of view onto others?
I'm not.
Not all of it. Some if it surely does stop. There are ways to alleviate the suffering in the world. You can't stop all suffering, some of it? Surely
Like I said, there is no point in that, because it would be insignificant. There are over 8 billion people on this planet and even though there are many who dedicated themselves to a cause, it didn't change jackshit.
Ok.
Ok.
Generalisation again. No, some are helped and recover
Doesn't matter to me. "Some" isn't "everyone", and not "everyone" wants to "recover" anyway.
Ok.
That's your point of view again.
No it's not lmao. There is a reason why there are still so many religious people around even though so many churches around the world have a history of sexual child abuse. It's a fact that most of society has been brainwashed by their parents, religion, and education.
I think it isn't true.
Good for you.
There is unique value to life even if you don't see it
And that is?
For you it is. Not for others.
Everyone dies no matter what. Or are others immortal?
Are you smarter than billions of other people who do not seek death like you?
I'm smart enough to be able to tell that life is pointless and that society has been brainwashed by their parents, religion, and education, which is why they see nothing wrong with slaving away for most of their lives.
They may not suffer anymore they may get better
I've known many suicidal people who never had anything bad happening to them, but they still want to die. Life isn't for everyone. For many suicidal people, just being alive alone is terrible enough. You can't get better from that, except if you die and are released from the suffering on this planet.
Lol ok I guess that's the end.
Yup.
As soon as you say that you would let anyone who comes to you die without doing some sort of evaluation then we can end this conversation.
You know, you sound like a pro lifer to me. Are you one? I said that I would let suicidal people die. It means that I'm respecting their wish. I would never let anyone die if they don't want to die.
I'm glad your views aren't the majority in this world
And I'm glad that I'm not brainwashed as you are.
If they were the world would be hell.
Have you looked around you? Do you think life on this planet is anything but hell?
Maybe the child needs help but they can't articulate it in any way so they tell you they want to die? Holy shit.
That would depend on several factors. Why they want to die. If they can recover. If they want to recover. I needed help in my childhood so I chose to self harm. I don't see a child choosing suicide because they need help.
Again they may stop suffering.
Again, not everyone who is suicidal had bad things happening to them, many suicidal people are suicidal because they generally hate life, how do you stop suffering from that? I'm eager to hear your answer.
Not every case is someone with literal chronic illness who is being forced to live against their will.
Nobody said that.
You need to have some sort of evaluation here you can't just let anyone who tells you they want to die die.
Just like how not everyone who wants to have a child, should be allowed to have a child. Y know? Because why do you act like it's wrong to want to die, but correct if you force someone into existence and suffering?
That's generalisation.
No.
Some people aren't slaving away.
Unless people are rich or are doing money with youtube or other social media platforms, everyone is slaving away.
Some people aren't suffering so much that they think about death at all.
And some people don't suffer at all and yet can only think about death. Because life isn't for everyone.
And even if they slave away, they may love it.
That's a disgusting way to romanticize slavery and brainwashing.
Who are you to say what's better for them? Because you decided for yourself?
I didn't know that people who are pro slavery are on this forum.
Yes that's why they try some help first before committing suicide.
And?
But in your case they wouldn't try anything to get better, they would just ctb as they wish.
It doesn't make a difference, they're going to die one day anyway. It really doesn't make a difference if a suicidal person decided to die now by their own hands, or die due to old age many years after that. All suicide would do, is prevent a lot of suffering.
No what's better is. "Hey I want to die" ok go ahead no need to try anything at all just go ahead and ctb. Is that rational?
It's definitely more rational than:

Person A: "I will become a mother/father and force someone into existence"

People: "Congrats!"

Person B: "I want to die"

People: "Wtf? How dare you? Think about how it will affect your family!"
A middle ground is needed
The fact that euthanasia isn't legalized everywhere and the fact that suicidal people are looked down upon, shows that there isn't a middle ground here.
Again suffering is individual. You are generalising the whole world population. Some people love suffering. Some people don't suffer as much as others. Some people don't even consider it suffering
I'm looking at it from a neutral pov. Death is a fact. Everyone dies one day. Suffering is also a fact. Animals get slaughtered for food and clothes, wars happen everywhere every day, the rich people don't help the poor people, so many orphans are out there but people would rather want mini versions of themselves so they make the world even more overpopulated. The only people who love suffering are masochists. You don't have to suffer more or less than someone, to want to die. If someone doesn't consider their suffering as suffering then they are either delusional or just that brainwashed/broken.
I don't think so and there is no evidence to support this claim
Oh really? Is there any other reason as to why euthanasia isn't legalized eveywhere?
Strange, how did we make it for 100000 years living and didn't die out? Strange
Humanity has wiped out 60% of animals since 1970. There are 36 animal species that became extinct due to human activity. Humanity hasn't died because we're at the top of the food chain.
But you said everything I wanted to hear
Very manipulative and clever of you, pro lifer.
when you said that if a child expresses a wish to die to you you would let them die without doing any form of evaluation at all all because you were suicidal since 13 so it makes sense that every single child that would hypothetically come to you would be the same way as you were without chances of recovering. I think I have had enough of this conversation.
Lol. I never said that. All I said is that recovery isn't possible for everyone and that not everyone wants to recover. I hate how you act like the feelings of a 13 year old are invalid just because of their age. A 13 year old who suffers, doesn't suffer less than a 23 year old or 33 year old, just because they are 13. I'm pro choice. Nobody asked to be born so everyone should have the right to die. The fact that you see nothing wrong with forcing someone into existence, also tells me a lot about you. Because the way I see it, a person who commits suicide is basically like "Life? Nope, not for me, I'm out", while a person who forces someone into existence is like "Hey, you're here because of me, because I and your father decided to have you, anways I know you didn't ask to be born, but you're gonna have to live anyway because I told you so, so go to school, go to work, slave away and suffer for many years, because that's what society wants you to do, you may not enjoy living but you're gonna have to live because I tell you so, wars happen everywhere every day but who cares, people kill each other everywhere every day but who cares, the rich people don't help the poor people but who cares, just slave away for 50+ years of your life and die of old age, because you're gonna have to die, because of me". How do you not see anything wrong with THAT?

Last edited:
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
This is definitely the prison Earth. You even will get punished for unsuccessful try to escape. How done and tired I am, despise this life and humans so much.
I never even asked to be in the prison in the first place, I hate how I was trapped here. Maybe my soul was tricked into coming here? Anyways, I'm making sure to escape the soul trap in this lifetime, there's no way in hell that I'm coming back to this prison planet

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
It's still taboo and restricted though, it's basically treated like a crime
To be clear, my point is not to deny the need for humane and compassionate treatment of euthanasia and end of life choices.

However, death is by definition a 'big deal', involving real issues, real suffering, real grief and real people. Generally, the notion that death is a blasé matter is only true from the perspective of psychopaths and death fetishists.

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
How would you know that? Can you look into the future?

Nine out of ten people who attempt suicide and survive will not go on to die by suicide at a later date.
No point for everyone. Everyone dies no matter what.
So? Doesn't mean you can't make the best out of life
I'm not.

Like I said, there is no point in that, because it would be insignificant. There are over 8 billion people on this planet and even though there are many who dedicated themselves to a cause, it didn't change jackshit.
It changed somethings. We have had great advancements in medicine over the past 100 years alleviating the suffering of many. But according to you, since we can't alleviate all suffering we should all just cease to exist. Brilliant.
Ok.

Ok.

Doesn't matter to me. "Some" isn't "everyone", and not "everyone" wants to "recover" anyway.
Yes that's why you need a middle ground approach that covers both cases. That middle ground approach isn't "hey you want to die? Ok die. Byeeee"
Ok.

No it's not lmao. There is a reason why there are still so many religious people around even though so many churches around the world have a history of sexual child abuse. It's a fact that most of society has been brainwashed by their parents, religion, and education.

Wow great point. I'm gonna look at all the great thinkers, philosophers that ever lived and call them brainwashed because they didn't ctb the moment they were born.
Good for you.

And that is?
Having a family, kids, romance, marriage. You know the normal life things that brainwashed people do that don't consider killing themselves the moment they were born? But it's so pointless to you so why try at all right? After all we are gonna die anyways right? Juvenile understanding of life
Everyone dies no matter what. Or are others immortal?
Doesn't mean you can't make the best out of life even if you think it's pointless in the end.
I'm smart enough to be able to tell that life is pointless and that society has been brainwashed by their parents, religion, and education, which is why they see nothing wrong with slaving away for most of their lives.
Lol "life is pointless" take is literal im14andthisisdeep take. But you are smarter than all the great writers and philosophers who lived who "slaved away" their pointless lives. Okay.
I've known many suicidal people who never had anything bad happening to them, but they still want to die. Life isn't for everyone. For many suicidal people, just being alive alone is terrible enough. You can't get better from that, except if you die and are released from the suffering on this planet.
Then these people should get euthanesia. But you argued before that anyone who wishes to die should? That's not exactly the same thing.
Yup.

You know, you sound like a pro lifer to me. Are you one? I said that I would let suicidal people die. It means that I'm respecting their wish. I would never let anyone die if they don't want to die.
I'm pro choice given the fact that there is a rational suicide. A child coming to you and saying they want to die is not a rational suicide. But you would let them die anyways right, after all their word matters so much and there is literally no way to help them right?
And I'm glad that I'm not brainwashed as you are.
You are the opposite side of the same coin.
Have you looked around you? Do you think life on this planet is anything but hell?
For some people it is. For some it isn't. It's in the eye of the beholder
That would depend on several factors. Why they want to die. If they can recover. If they want to recover. I needed help in my childhood so I chose to self harm. I don't see a child choosing suicide because they need help.
You don't see because you don't want to see. You are okay with letting kids commit suicide. I already understood your pro death beliefs before. There is nothing about them that's rational. Your brain doesn't even develop till you are 25, let alone your perspective on life changes drastically. But why giving them a chance to see if they can turn things around, just let them die lmao.
Again, not everyone who is suicidal had bad things happening to them, many suicidal people are suicidal because they generally hate life, how do you stop suffering from that? I'm eager to hear your answer.
If they hate life and don't want to live and can't change things go ahead let them ctb. You are the one that's advocating for not letting them change things. What you are advocating for is the moment someone claims" I want to die" is letting them die which is pro death.
Nobody said that.

Just like how not everyone who wants to have a child, should be allowed to have a child. Y know? Because why do you act like it's wrong to want to die, but correct if you force someone into existence and suffering?
Why is it always forcing someone into existence and suffering with you guys? They can live a happy life with some bumps down the road. That's not a life of suffering.
No.

Unless people are rich or are doing money with youtube or other social media platforms, everyone is slaving away.
So not everyone then? And if you enjoy what you are doing are you still slaving away?
And some people don't suffer at all and yet can only think about death. Because life isn't for everyone.
Refer to answer above
That's a disgusting way to romanticize slavery and brainwashing.
Oh no, someone thinks someone who enjoys going to their 9-5 job and doesn't think about ctb as brainwashed. Yes they love being a slave to companies, they go to work, come home see their family and decide to go to work again. Who are you to tell them otherwise?
"I enjoy what i do"
"But you are a slave to companies haven't you thought of that?"
"Nah I just enjoy doing this work and idc"
"Oh no you are brainwashed you are supposed to hate slavery"
"Haha no"
Brilliant logix
I didn't know that people who are pro slavery are on this forum.
I knew pro death people are on the forum.
Again, your perspective on things doesn't matter to people who don't share that perspective. They have their own lives so they can decide what's good and what's bad ok? You thinking it's wrong to slave away your life for companies is your own personal idea, plenty of people don't think that way and enjoy earning money and spending it on things.
And?

It doesn't make a difference, they're going to die one day anyway. It really doesn't make a difference if a suicidal person decided to die now by their own hands, or die due to old age many years after that. All suicide would do, is prevent a lot of suffering.
Well first, if you have a family then you are just spreading that suffering onto other people. Second, not everyone lives a life of suffering.
There is no logic behind dying now because you will die later anyway. Why not see what you can do in life instead of killing yourself? Some people enjoy life believe it or not. And they aren't brainwashed
It's definitely more rational than:

Person A: "I will become a mother/father and force someone into existence"
Their existence can be beautiful and peaceful
People: "Congrats!"

Person B: "I want to die"

People: "Wtf? How dare you? Think about how it will affect your family!"
No what's better is:
"I want to die"
"Ok bye"
Which one is more cruel? At least when you tell that to someone you can make them rethink their actions and point them toward recovery and they can recover
The fact that euthanasia isn't legalized everywhere and the fact that suicidal people are looked down upon, shows that there isn't a middle ground here.
I know there isn't but what you are arguing for isn't middle ground it's a pro death society
I'm looking at it from a neutral pov. Death is a fact. Everyone dies one day. Suffering is also a fact. Animals get slaughtered for food and clothes, wars happen everywhere every day, the rich people don't help the poor people, so many orphans are out there but people would rather want mini versions of themselves so they make the world even more overpopulated.
So you are using some bad facts about the world to basically justify people not helping people alleviate their suffering and instead basically death as a way out?
The only people who love suffering are masochists. You don't have to suffer more or less than someone, to want to die. If someone doesn't consider their suffering as suffering then they are either delusional or just that brainwashed/broken.
no, some suffering is unpleasant but it goes away and you get better. Some suffering is permanent. What you are advocating for is that anyone who suffers who considers death be allowed to die instead of letting them get help first to see if they can change things around. Like I said. Pro death.
Some people seek out suffering because they like to overcome things. Doesn't make them sadistic lmao
Oh really? Is there any other reason as to why euthanasia isn't legalized eveywhere?
Yes because death is tragic and it brings grief and suffering to other people. I am all for legalisation do euthanesia everywhere but with some restrictions. I know you would be for euthanesia for anyone though without any restrictions which would ultimately create disaster as little kids would die and people why could overcome things would choose death instead. But that is what you want probably.
Humanity has wiped out 60% of animals since 1970. There are 36 animal species that became extinct due to human activity. Humanity hasn't died because we're at the top of the food chain.
So just because some animal species died before we should wipe ourselves out because we are so bad and terrible?
Very manipulative and clever of you, pro lifer.
Not a pro lifer like I said. I am about pro choice but with some evaluation so that people impulsively don't kill themselves.
You on otherhand are pro death because life is meaningless to you so anyone who suffers shouldn't get help but instead should die. Very good you clarified that.
Lol. I never said that. All I said is that recovery isn't possible for everyone and that not everyone wants to recover. I hate how you act like the feelings of a 13 year old are invalid just because of their age. A 13 year old who suffers, doesn't suffer less than a 23 year old or 33 year old, just because they are 13. I'm pro choice.
Their perspective on life is different. Brain doesn't develop until 25.
Nobody asked to be born so everyone should have the right to die. The fact that you see nothing wrong with forcing someone into existence, also tells me a lot about you. Because the way I see it, a person who commits suicide is basically like "Life? Nope, not for me, I'm out",
Like I said. Pro death. If a child said that to you you wouldn't actually help them recover you would just say ok this child doesn't want to live. It's better to let them die. It's what they want after all
while a person who forces someone into existence is like "Hey, you're here because of me, because I and your father decided to have you, anways I know you didn't ask to be born, but you're gonna have to live anyway because I told you so, so go to school, go to work, slave away and suffer for many years, because that's what society wants you to do, you may not enjoy living but you're gonna have to live because I tell you so, wars happen everywhere every day but who cares, people kill each other everywhere every day but who cares, the rich people don't help the poor people but who cares, just slave away for 50+ years of your life and die of old age, because you're gonna have to die, because of me". How do you not see anything wrong with THAT?
Unfortunately that's our world. Doesn't mean everyone is suffering. Doesn't mean everyone can't enjoy it. It is your perspective. Some people don't consider it slaving away, they enjoy raising kids, seeing them grow, go to college, get jobs. You know non suicidal people things? According to you, everyone who is non suicidal and doesn't want to leave the world is brainwashed. Insane thinking absolutely. Every great man or woman that ever lived and didn't kill themselves were just brainwashed according to you because they didn't see that life is suffering and there is no point.

It is wrong according to you. Your perspective isn't relevant for people who enjoy life, and they have every right to do so.

• Love
Reactions: LifeIsCrazyNemb
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Nine out of ten people who attempt suicide and survive will not go on to die by suicide at a later date.

So? Doesn't mean you can't make the best out of life

It changed somethings. We have had great advancements in medicine over the past 100 years alleviating the suffering of many. But according to you, since we can't alleviate all suffering we should all just cease to exist. Brilliant.

Yes that's why you need a middle ground approach that covers both cases. That middle ground approach isn't "hey you want to die? Ok die. Byeeee"

Wow great point. I'm gonna look at all the great thinkers, philosophers that ever lived and call them brainwashed because they didn't ctb the moment they were born.

Having a family, kids, romance, marriage. You know the normal life things that brainwashed people do that don't consider killing themselves the moment they were born? But it's so pointless to you so why try at all right? After all we are gonna die anyways right? Juvenile understanding of life

Doesn't mean you can't make the best out of life even if you think it's pointless in the end.

Lol "life is pointless" take is literal im14andthisisdeep take. But you are smarter than all the great writers and philosophers who lived who "slaved away" their pointless lives. Okay.

Then these people should get euthanesia. But you argued before that anyone who wishes to die should? That's not exactly the same thing.

I'm pro choice given the fact that there is a rational suicide. A child coming to you and saying they want to die is not a rational suicide. But you would let them die anyways right, after all their word matters so much and there is literally no way to help them right?

You are the opposite side of the same coin.

For some people it is. For some it isn't. It's in the eye of the beholder

You don't see because you don't want to see. You are okay with letting kids commit suicide. I already understood your pro death beliefs before. There is nothing about them that's rational. Your brain doesn't even develop till you are 25, let alone your perspective on life changes drastically. But why giving them a chance to see if they can turn things around, just let them die lmao.

If they hate life and don't want to live and can't change things go ahead let them ctb. You are the one that's advocating for not letting them change things. What you are advocating for is the moment someone claims" I want to die" is letting them die which is pro death.

Why is it always forcing someone into existence and suffering with you guys? They can live a happy life with some bumps down the road. That's not a life of suffering.

So not everyone then? And if you enjoy what you are doing are you still slaving away?

Refer to answer above

Oh no, someone thinks someone who enjoys going to their 9-5 job and doesn't think about ctb as brainwashed. Yes they love being a slave to companies, they go to work, come home see their family and decide to go to work again. Who are you to tell them otherwise?
"I enjoy what i do"
"But you are a slave to companies haven't you thought of that?"
"Nah I just enjoy doing this work and idc"
"Oh no you are brainwashed you are supposed to hate slavery"
"Haha no"
Brilliant logix

I knew pro death people are on the forum.
Again, your perspective on things doesn't matter to people who don't share that perspective. They have their own lives so they can decide what's good and what's bad ok? You thinking it's wrong to slave away your life for companies is your own personal idea, plenty of people don't think that way and enjoy earning money and spending it on things.

Well first, if you have a family then you are just spreading that suffering onto other people. Second, not everyone lives a life of suffering.
There is no logic behind dying now because you will die later anyway. Why not see what you can do in life instead of killing yourself? Some people enjoy life believe it or not. And they aren't brainwashed

Their existence can be beautiful and peaceful

No what's better is:
"I want to die"
"Ok bye"
Which one is more cruel? At least when you tell that to someone you can make them rethink their actions and point them toward recovery and they can recover

I know there isn't but what you are arguing for isn't middle ground it's a pro death society

So you are using some bad facts about the world to basically justify people not helping people alleviate their suffering and instead basically death as a way out?

no, some suffering is unpleasant but it goes away and you get better. Some suffering is permanent. What you are advocating for is that anyone who suffers who considers death be allowed to die instead of letting them get help first to see if they can change things around. Like I said. Pro death.
Some people seek out suffering because they like to overcome things. Doesn't make them sadistic lmao

Yes because death is tragic and it brings grief and suffering to other people. I am all for legalisation do euthanesia everywhere but with some restrictions. I know you would be for euthanesia for anyone though without any restrictions which would ultimately create disaster as little kids would die and people why could overcome things would choose death instead. But that is what you want probably.

So just because some animal species died before we should wipe ourselves out because we are so bad and terrible?

Not a pro lifer like I said. I am about pro choice but with some evaluation so that people impulsively don't kill themselves.
You on otherhand are pro death because life is meaningless to you so anyone who suffers shouldn't get help but instead should die. Very good you clarified that.

Their perspective on life is different. Brain doesn't develop until 25.

Like I said. Pro death. If a child said that to you you wouldn't actually help them recover you would just say ok this child doesn't want to live. It's better to let them die. It's what they want after all

Unfortunately that's our world. Doesn't mean everyone is suffering. Doesn't mean everyone can't enjoy it. It is your perspective. Some people don't consider it slaving away, they enjoy raising kids, seeing them grow, go to college, get jobs. You know non suicidal people things? According to you, everyone who is non suicidal and doesn't want to leave the world is brainwashed. Insane thinking absolutely. Every great man or woman that ever lived and didn't kill themselves were just brainwashed according to you because they didn't see that life is suffering and there is no point.

It is wrong according to you. Your perspective isn't relevant for people who enjoy life, and they have every right to do so.
I'm going to give my 2 cents here. People do that (have career, partner, marriage, family/children, house) because society tells them to do. Society sees that as a hallmark of success, so people are racing to tick off those boxes on the checklist. There's a lot of societal and familial pressure involved. Hell, my dad is telling me to get married and have children to continue the family line. Personally, those things just don't matter to me, and I'm sure they don't matter to other people as well. Those just aren't things that I want for myself. If most people want them (or delude themself into), then sure, be my guest. I feel like most people are only doing it to conform and be "normal". I think that most people are brainwashed into doing so because their parents did and because society pressures them to. Most people are sleepwalking though life and don't really know what they want, they just operate on autopilot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.