• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

O

OhWellDerp321

Student
Jun 1, 2023
I can't tell you how untrue the statement "It's never too late" is.

That statement is only stated by people that are in good situations or that are just lying to you just to be nice.

In reality, there is a point in life when it becomes too late.

In early your twenties, it's not too late because you are still financially free, still starting your life, just out of college.

But eventually as you near your thirties, it is too late. You realize you have financial commiments. Whether its rent, vehicle payments, relationships, etc.....
That's when it is too late to start over.

If you don't have financial stability, relationship stability, and career stability at this point. Then you are done.

If you really believe its never too late at this point, then I am sorry to break it to you, but you will be dissappointed even more if keep trying at this point.

If you try to go back to school in your thirties:
How do you think you will feel once you realize everyone else is younger?
How will you feel when you realize you don't learn things as quickly as you used to?
How will you feel once you finish the program and you are 34 and still have to get an entry level paying job?
How will you feel when you've spent another year pouring money down the drain to get another useless degree that may or may not even work out?

If you still haven't been a successful relationship by the time you are in your thirties,
then I am sorry to break it to you. But it's something internal that you've suffered from early years of trauma.
So many people refuse to admit this to themselves, and just keep on dating and go through break ups months after months after months.

More importantly, how will you feel when everyone else has moved ahead in life. Buying houses, married, successful careers, etc.... Meanwhile you are still mentally stuck as a twenty year old going to school, but you are actually in your thirties.

Just saying, if you try to bs yourself into believing "It's never too late in life", you will wake up the next day full of disappointment.

Last edited:
U

unabletocope

I'd like to shut down
Mar 13, 2024
Great post, I'm in exactly the same place. The phrase I hate the most 'oh, well you're still young' even thought being 29 about to hit 30 I know I don't have the health I sort of had at 19/20/21, I feel fatigue, I feel my head has twisted in ways that I feel mentally worn down, these people are usually people just going through the motions because they don't want to crumble and end up on the scrapheap as well. I had a therapist who kept telling me to 'bury' my issues because he was too fucking lazy to be prepared to let someone open up about themselves, didn't have a problem talking about himself when it suited him of course but that's how self-serving people are these days, they are just trying to deflect their own mirrors and protect themselves from cracking, on the move keep things going to avoid people pushing through and pointing out what is fucking them up, too much hassle for these self-serving scumbags

O

OhWellDerp321

Student
Jun 1, 2023
Great post, I'm in exactly the same place. The phrase I hate the most 'oh, well you're still young' even thought being 29 about to hit 30 I know I don't have the health I sort of had at 19/20/21, I feel fatigue, I feel my head has twisted in ways that I feel mentally worn down, these people are usually people just going through the motions because they don't want to crumble and end up on the scrapheap as well. I had a therapist who kept telling me to 'bury' my issues because he was too fucking lazy to be prepared to let someone open up about themselves, didn't have a problem talking about himself when it suited him of course but that's how self-serving people are these days, they are just trying to deflect their own mirrors and protect themselves from cracking, on the move keep things going to avoid people pushing through and pointing out what is fucking them up, too much hassle for these self-serving scumbags
You're therapist is earning money off you while you "keep trying" like he asked. And when it doesn't work, what will he/she say? "Well, give yourself credit, at least you tried". You never know what your future will be like. And the more you go back, the more money they get :)

U

unabletocope

I'd like to shut down
Mar 13, 2024
You're therapist is earning money off you while you "keep trying" like he asked. And when it doesn't work, what will he/she say? "Well, give yourself credit, at least you tried". You never know what your future will be like. And the more you go back, the more money they get :)
I know, that's why I stopped working with them. Feel like they held and hold all the cards in the situation, feel like I gave them money for nothing, I wish I'd been stronger to cut them off when it was clear they were pushing it their way beyond me, even when I told them I was suicidal they threw the word back at me in 'air quotes', maybe I am weak and maybe they broke me. Can't wish that kind of pressure on anyone who's struggling with feeling suicidal