FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It really is like many people forget that we are all just going to die anyway with how they see ceasing to exist as the worst outcome possible. Like we are all just deteriorating, decaying and slowly dying with every second being one second closer to our inevitable fate and suicide is just the way to take control over the inevitable, preventing unnecessary suffering as a result.

Eventually most people will be forgotten about like they never existed at all, and I take comfort in the thought of this existence disappearing into nothingness. No matter what I will always see it as better to not exist which is why I despise how we exist in this society where humans are so obsessed with prolonging meaningless and unnecessary suffering. I'd always prefer to cease existing peacefully than to be burdened with this futile existence for decades on end. Death isn't the tragedy but rather the relief, the tragedy lies in how humans impose existence in the first place and see suicide as always being worse than suffering even know death cannot possibly be "bad" as nobody can be harmed by the absence of everything. I envy those who are now eternally not existing, they are the true fortunate ones.

• Informative
Reactions: Reuthry, doormat25, hopeless08 and 4 others
O

Orange Cat

Student
Oct 19, 2023
I don't think that most people forget that they are going to die someday. They just aren't obsessed with death. They live in the moment and try to make the most of the time that they have here. There's nothing wrong with that. Most people try to enjoy life the best that they can. They see death as the worst possible outcome because it is the end of everything that they know.

Reactions: Myforevercharlie and divinemistress36
DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
To me it seems that the problem is that humans are expected to die naturally but preferably of old age no matter how life turns out for them - people with chronic illness, chronic pain, chronic disabilities, poverty, loneliness, pointlessness or homelessness are expected to suffer until they die of old age. Suicide is not accepted except in the suicide clinics. The society´s task is to force people to live. We are expected to die very slowly. In countries where no one´s job is to put people to death, other professional groups are tasked with prolonging human life. If we get sick or injured, the health care system tries to prolong our lives. Optimistic people probably think less about death than pessimists. Someone who has a good life probably think less about death than someone who has a bad life. But if we live long enough, life becomes bad for all of us. Time destroys everything. We live in a time where people are in denial of death. Death is taboo. People are not used to death. Most societies are in denial of death. Corpses don´t fit into the modern civilization. There is nothing more terrifying than death and therefore death is in the subconscious.

Realist: "I don´t want to get old."
Denial of death: "I am old. We all grow old."

Realist: "My health problems can´t be cured."
Denial of death: "Yes, they can be cured."

Realist: "The rest of my life will only be pointless suffering. I want to decide when I die."
Denial of death: "But this is how it is in this country. We want to keep you!"

Denial of death: "I don´t want to die of illness!"
Realist: "Is it better to die of old age?"

Denial of death: "People who die by suicide are mentally ill."
Realist: "No, they just don´t want to live for various reasons. Suicide is about taking control of one´s death.

Denial of death: "A fifty year old man died today. It is terrible that he didn´t get to live."
Realist: "But we must all die."

Denial of death: "Children shall not die before their parents."
Realist: "Health problems and death can occur at any age. You should not procreate if you don´t want people to die. Birth is the cause of all suffering and death."

Reactions: doormat25, hopeless08, pthnrdnojvsc and 1 other person
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
I agree, a lot of people are in denial and pretend they won't die or it's very far away. It's insane that we can be locked up in psych wards for bringing forward our inevitable demise. And because of the denial attitude towards death, when people die it's often horrific and extended.

Reactions: doormat25 and pthnrdnojvsc