• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Status
Not open for further replies.
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
To me it's disturbing how people continue to push positive beliefs about life and deny the true cruel and horrific nature of this existence. Positivity is severe delusion and doesn't reflect the reality of what this world really is. Nobody can deny all of the endless torture that exists which is why non existence is the most ideal option, as it's freedom from the burden that is existence. To exist is such a pointless, painful and tragic experience, and the fact that life is glorified so much to the point that suicide is viewed as wrong is such a disturbing thing.

Life shouldn't be seen as a valuable gift, something to be prolonged at all costs, instead it should be viewed as a choice and it's a choice that I would have never wished to make. To die a peaceful death and not have to suffer so much in the process of dying is such a wonderful thing yet the unfair thing is how in this world only the luckiest people that exist get to experience this which is incredibly tragic. The idea that life is really worth it is a lie as the reality is that nothing could justify all of the suffering and torment that exists, it's so wrong how life evolved in such a way as to torture beings. The fact that life continues to be accepted and seen as something desirable is so wrong. After all, as humans we only exist just to deteriorate from old age and suffer a great deal in the process.

Of course if people wish to endure this, it's up to them but it's a delusion seeing life as anything but an way to cause unnecessary agony to living beings. The reality of life should never be denied and life should be seen in it's true horrific state, life is the true nightmare and curse, it's like a disease how people glorify life and continue to bring new life here just to repeat the cycle of endless suffering.

I have always wished to ctb as I find comfort in nothingness and I see life as being a form of torture, having to be aware and trapped in this prison that is the human body with the only freedom being difficult to achieve is certainly prison like. There is no value to suffering and all of the endless pain that living beings experience all around the world should never be ignored and denied. Life as a concept serves no purpose or benefit and yet it exists, I mean how tragic is that. But it's better to see life for what it really is rather than to believe in lies. All those delusional people will just suffer more in the end.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: markimobzzdeasui, chocolatebar, ☆AwaitingEntropy☆ and 36 others
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Sorry you're suffering ❤️ not everyone is so thoroughly tortured by life, but on this forum most probably are, to be fair ❤️ sorry you feel like this @FuneralCry ❤️❤️❤️

• Love
Reactions: ClownMe, Jadzia, Sunset Limited and 2 others
CatLover

CatLover

Jun 3, 2018
I was thinking about this today, when I saw a couple with a young child. How most people seem to think life is wonderful, but aren't really assessing it properly in a way of viewing the positives and negatives. They think life is positive because they are alive. That's it. It MUST be positive, because here they are, existing. Most people cannot get past that bias. I am autistic, so I suppose I think differently to most people. I think most autistic people don't want kids (most I meet don't, anyway) and really just cannot see the point of why they would do that. However, most 'neuro-typical' people think the opposite, why would they NOT do that?

• Hugs
Reactions: 0000000000000, Per Ardua Ad Astra, niki wonoto and 12 others
bluem00n

bluem00n

Fatally killed to death
Sep 10, 2022
I agree entirely - it seems that every day I somehow manage to stumble across more instances of utterly meaningless suffering ...

Yesterday for example, I accidentally came across the 'mango worm' (a Google image search is NOT recommended). It's a maggot, and another of innumerable pointless additions to the pantheon of life, whose only effect is to inflict pain and misery on sentient creatures.

Then - on a more personal note - it turns out that due to myopia, I'm at high risk of developing Charles Bonnet Syndrome in the not-too-distant future (indeed, it seems everyone becomes more susceptible as they age).

The more one learns about actual reality, the more difficult it becomes to sustain any sentimental / romantic notions about life.

• Aww..
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, ClownMe, niki wonoto and 8 others
Doom

Doom

Student
Nov 21, 2022
people will never see life as something bad. We will always be society's outcast. Even if science proves that there is nothing after death or that there is worse, even if the world go full dystopia, the great majority wont stop giving birth like rabbits, wont stop to romanticize life while looking for meaning in the chaos.

Last edited:
Reactions: 0000000000000, StolenLife, Misery99 and 9 others
anonymoussadbeing

anonymoussadbeing

Jul 28, 2022
To me it's disturbing how people continue to push positive beliefs about life and deny the true cruel and horrific nature of this existence. Positivity is severe delusion and doesn't reflect the reality of what this world really is. Nobody can deny all of the endless torture that exists which is why non existence is the most ideal option, as it's freedom from the burden that is existence. To exist is such a pointless, painful and tragic experience, and the fact that life is glorified so much to the point that suicide is viewed as wrong is such a disturbing thing.

Life shouldn't be seen as a valuable gift, something to be prolonged at all costs, instead it should be viewed as a choice and it's a choice that I would have never wished to make. To die a peaceful death and not have to suffer so much in the process of dying is such a wonderful thing yet the unfair thing is how in this world only the luckiest people that exist get to experience this which is incredibly tragic. The idea that life is really worth it is a lie as the reality is that nothing could justify all of the suffering and torment that exists, it's so wrong how life evolved in such a way as to torture beings. The fact that life continues to be accepted and seen as something desirable is so wrong. After all, as humans we only exist just to deteriorate from old age and suffer a great deal in the process.

Of course if people wish to endure this, it's up to them but it's a delusion seeing life as anything but an way to cause unnecessary agony to living beings. The reality of life should never be denied and life should be seen in it's true horrific state, life is the true nightmare and curse, it's like a disease how people glorify life and continue to bring new life here just to repeat the cycle of endless suffering.

I have always wished to ctb as I find comfort in nothingness and I see life as being a form of torture, having to be aware and trapped in this prison that is the human body with the only freedom being difficult to achieve is certainly prison like. There is no value to suffering and all of the endless pain that living beings experience all around the world should never be ignored and denied. Life as a concept serves no purpose or benefit and yet it exists, I mean how tragic is that. But it's better to see life for what it really is rather than to believe in lies. All those delusional people will just suffer more in the end.
So beautifully written, you spoke my heart.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy, WorthlessTrash and Sunset Limited
G

grosz

Sep 30, 2022
The positive people are just too scared to die, they fear the nothingness, the void, they fear that they will not ever taste anything good in life agan, that is why they make up religions and all that shit, they just want to believe that their existence has a purpose while it has not, they are just mere star dust on a rock orbiting some random one of billions nature made thermonuclear reactor that we call sun.

Reactions: 0000000000000, samarra, Rogue Proxy and 7 others
A

AdaSmiles

Nov 9, 2022
The positive people are just too scared to die, they fear the nothingness, the void, they fear that they will not ever taste anything good in life agan, that is why they make up religions and all that shit, they just want to believe that their existence has a purpose while it has not, they are just mere star dust on a rock orbiting some random one of billions nature made thermonuclear reactor that we call sun.
This or they know they cannot do anything anyway to avoid death. So, why not enjoying life until the last day?

Reactions: blackwidow
Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019
In my personal opinion, life is something I wouldn't want to buy with a sober mind. Sometimes I dream of the best scenario for my life. Still, I'd rather not exist at all. In this world, someone's welfare is always paid for by other people. The alternative cost of every joy and happiness is someone's suffering. I've never been keen on getting involved in these primitive win-lose games. I can understand a pro-lifer's motivation. For them, life is a challenge. Start and move forward. The way the lower brain adapts to modern life. Attack, hunt, reward. It seems pointless to me to carry existence on my back to satisfy an ancient lower brain structure that has evolved over millions of years.

Billions suffering on one side and proud of what they have on the other. Even this contrast is enough to reject this existence. I don't think this is going anywhere good. It will eventually end at a point where we completely destroy the natural and collapse the food chain. Men's sperm count decreased by 60%. I guess nature wants to spay us. Our genes degenerate because there is no natural selection. With all this in mind, life is not something I want to buy. Fighting is hopeless pro-life propaganda. No matter how hard you fight, entropy wins in the end. Life just seems useless.

• Love
Reactions: 0000000000000, Finding Sirius, samarra and 6 others
Ineedtodie

Ineedtodie

Shame, Avoidance, hopelessness, lonliness, cbt, pm
Nov 9, 2022
it's better to see life for what it really is rather than to believe in lies. All those delusional people will just suffer more in the end.
The truth is people are fundamentelly delusional, violent, greedy, driven by fear and by the pursuit of temporary pleasures. It can be a fun and enticing game for some people or a full fledged nightmare for others. It has no actual purpose its just a simulation we suck at playing, mainly due to bad luck. And we trapped in it for fear of death or perhaps no easy ways out. Personaly if there was a death button next to me I wouldn't flinch a second before pushing. All methods are both brutal and also have to be discret.
I envy people who have clarity and courage to just get on with their life somehow as it is , and those who had the guts and ctbed freeing themselfs from everything.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pisceslilith, samarra, sweetphantasm and 3 others
Sysiphos

Sysiphos

Nov 23, 2022
I have always wished to ctb as I find comfort in nothingness and I see life as being a form of torture
I am impressed with how you hold tough even though you suffer so much. You are very prolific observer on this site. What is your secret to staying with us all this time? I feel I can learn something from you.

• Yay!
Reactions: Rapière
Primus

Primus

Oct 9, 2022

I am curious. Who deems it as a lie? I always find myself asking these sort of questions. Since I see you possess a nihilistic, pessimistic view on reality, justifiably so. But I respect your opinion. How do you determine such conclusions? What about the people who suffer and continue to endure the hardships? I just don't like this "determined" mindset as if it is conclusive. I respect your world view. I can never imagine your suffering or your perception in life.

Trust me everyday since 4th grade (I am 20 now) I've contemplated suicide since then, due to academic troubles. If I am dumb then I cannot hope to succeed and develop a skill, and what not. I see life no worth it regarding this issue. But regardless, this post is your opinion. Suffering is everywhere, and people find ways to endure it, it ultimately lies to choice, I don't like putting words in your mouth, but what is your story?

Sometimes I feel like a pathetic sack of shit. Due to me being an utter failure in all realms. But what if I all I do is complain? I am necessarily saying you're a loser and have no reason to complain. Of course I don't know your position in this case. But I always wonder if I just need to stfu.

Reactions: PurpleVoid, freedompass, Girl-shaped Wound and 2 others
D

DeathBecomesMe_2021

Oct 16, 2021
'… If I am dumb…'

You don't strike me as dumb. At all.

Reactions: PurpleVoid and freedompass
Rapière

Rapière

On the brink
Jul 7, 2022
What about the people who suffer and continue to endure the hardships?
FuneralCry herself is one of those people. She has graced this forum with her presence for over two years now and is still clincing to life like a baby chimp to it's mother. Can't imagine the strenght it must take. Whenever someone asks me how they can affirm life in the face of tremendous hardship and suffering (happens all the time, I swear), I always refer them to our kind, perhaps sometimes a bit gloomy, Mademoiselle here.

Last edited:
Reactions: bluem00n
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I am impressed with how you hold tough even though you suffer so much. You are very prolific observer on this site. What is your secret to staying with us all this time? I feel I can learn something from you.
I don't really understand this. If someone doesn't ctb then they basically have no choice but to continue existing, it's not being 'tough', staying here, it never could be. I'm only still here as the world we live in makes suicide as difficult as possible for us and there is the fact that planning suicide potentially involves many complications and risks. That is the secret as to why me and likely many people continue existing. If suicide is straightforward then I would certainly already be gone. What I post about is the reality of existing and this shouldn't be something to be learned, it should be accepted as being the truth instead. All those who disagree with how horrific life is are certainly delusional.
I am curious. Who deems it as a lie? I always find myself asking these sort of questions. Since I see you possess a nihilistic, pessimistic view on reality, justifiably so. But I respect your opinion. How do you determine such conclusions? What about the people who suffer and continue to endure the hardships? I just don't like this "determined" mindset as if it is conclusive. I respect your world view. I can never imagine your suffering or your perception in life.

Trust me everyday since 4th grade (I am 20 now) I've contemplated suicide since then, due to academic troubles. If I am dumb then I cannot hope to succeed and develop a skill, and what not. I see life no worth it regarding this issue. But regardless, this post is your opinion. Suffering is everywhere, and people find ways to endure it, it ultimately lies to choice, I don't like putting words in your mouth, but what is your story?
Well, the truth is that this world is objectively filled with suffering and torture. That's just the way that life is, there are endless examples of this in the history of existence and at any moment living beings are experiencing pain. This is undeniable and life is simply an endless cycle of torment that will continue to be repeated as long as life is brought into this world. Suffering is unacceptable and shouldn't be glorified in anyway. This is why any positive views towards life are certainly a lie.

There has been no process of determining these conclusions as the way that I think is the reality of this existence. I believe that many of the people who continue to endure life are here as they struggle to ctb, or maybe they don't want to upset other people by voluntarily leaving this world. But I think that most people would leave this world if N is easily available. If someone voluntarily chooses to suffer for their own benefit then they are certainly delusional, as suffering is something disturbing and it's the most rational thing to wish to avoid it.

Life is such a terrible concept where everything is determined by chance and luck, but the one thing that is guaranteed in life is that we will suffer in some way. Staying alive is the ultimate risk as there is no limit as to how much life can torture us and anybody could experience the most extreme agony possible. So that is why the wish to live is delusional, as it's irrational to accept torture as being beneficial.
And I don't have much of a story, I simply wish to die as this reality is something disturbing and existence is completely undesirable in every single way. Suicide is the only solution to permanently end all suffering which is ideal to me.

Reactions: Anon1337, 0000000000000, yive and 9 others
M

msci4499

Apr 25, 2022
I don't really understand this. If someone doesn't ctb then they basically have no choice but to continue existing, it's not being 'tough', staying here, it never could be. I'm only still here as the world we live in makes suicide as difficult as possible for us and there is the fact that planning suicide potentially involves many complications and risks. That is the secret as to why me and likely many people continue existing. If suicide is straightforward then I would certainly already be gone. What I post about is the reality of existing and this shouldn't be something to be learned, it should be accepted as being the truth instead. All those who disagree with how horrific life is are certainly delusional.

Well, the truth is that this world is objectively filled with suffering and torture. That's just the way that life is, there are endless examples of this in the history of existence and at any moment living beings are experiencing pain. This is undeniable and life is simply an endless cycle of torment that will continue to be repeated as long as life is brought into this world. Suffering is unacceptable and shouldn't be glorified in anyway. This is why any positive views towards life are certainly a lie.

There has been no process of determining these conclusions as the way that I think is the reality of this existence. I believe that many of the people who continue to endure life are here as they struggle to ctb, or maybe they don't want to upset other people by voluntarily leaving this world. But I think that most people would leave this world if N is easily available. If someone voluntarily chooses to suffer for their own benefit then they are certainly delusional, as suffering is something disturbing and it's the most rational thing to wish to avoid it.

Life is such a terrible concept where everything is determined by chance and luck, but the one thing that is guaranteed in life is that we will suffer in some way. Staying alive is the ultimate risk as there is no limit as to how much life can torture us and anybody could experience the most extreme agony possible. So that is why the wish to live is delusional, as it's irrational to accept torture as being beneficial.
And I don't have much of a story, I simply wish to die as this reality is something disturbing and existence is completely undesirable in every single way. Suicide is the only solution to permanently end all suffering which is ideal to me.
the funniest bit is
you're still alive lol

• Yay!
Reactions: GasMonkey and rationaltake
M

Meaninglessness

Existence is absolutely meaningless
Nov 12, 2022
I am sorry for your suffering. The problem is the absence of human euthanasia. If people had the same right to euthanasia as our pets, there would be no need for suicide discussions on the Internet.

• Love
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, Pisceslilith, Chronicoverwhelm and 4 others
HermitLonerGuy

HermitLonerGuy

-
Sep 28, 2022
the funniest bit is
you're still alive lol
its not so easy to find a reliable method and even with a reliable method its not so easy to kill yourself.

Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, Chronicoverwhelm, sweetphantasm and 4 others
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Personally I don't agree with this description of reality. Though let's assume you this is the objective truth.
I would still trade my life with someone who enjoys life any time. People with a partner, no mental illness, many good friends, self-confidence, being curious about the future and not my life in daily torment and anxiety.

I think there a lot of uncertainties about this world we live in. There are many unknown factors which we might never know. (for example do we live in a simulation, is solipsism right, what comes after death, when did the universe start to exist and what happened prior to that, what started the universe, is there a meaning of life, how will the future will look like in 100.000 years, is there a free will, is hard determinism right? These are only examples. Noone of us can give an answer to these questions without uncertainty. One can argument for it but one cannot prove it.

I envy people with good life quality people who genuinely can say I am glad and thankful that I live.

There are many things noone can say for sure. There are many philospohical and science related questions which were never fully answered. And some will probably never be revealed.

In this situation of uncertainty I would try to choose the path that makes me happy and not the one that says life is meaningless and it consists only of suffering.

Though there is no path that can keep the promise of happiness with a certainty of 100%. One could also think hedonism might be the perfect answer. For me this was not the right thing. Yesterday I posted a thread about that. It is probably pretty individually which path is the best.

I rather have the feeling most of the people who reject this described notion of reality have better life quality than us. It is complicated because the variables cannot fully be separated. One could say people who suffer much turn to nihilism as world view. The other way would be people who believe in nihilism tend to suffer more. I think in both of these statements there is some truth in it.

Last edited:
Reactions: PurpleVoid, freedompass, Girl-shaped Wound and 2 others
Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Wizard
Sep 21, 2022
It's true humans have been tortured by other humans over the world. I have also had a lot of bad experiences in life and I don't see life as a good thing.

Ineedtodie

Ineedtodie

Shame, Avoidance, hopelessness, lonliness, cbt, pm
Nov 9, 2022
the funniest bit is
you're still alive lol
It can be daunting to cbt. Methods are relatively brutal and have to be discret. Its not like make a wish kind of thing

Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra and Chronicoverwhelm
odradek

odradek

Mage
Sep 16, 2021
What I post about is the reality of existing and this shouldn't be something to be learned, it should be accepted as being the truth instead. All those who disagree with how horrific life is are certainly delusional.

the truth is that this world is objectively filled with suffering and torture.

any positive views towards life are certainly a lie.

There has been no process of determining these conclusions as the way that I think is the reality of this existence.

This language is a bit disturbing.

• Informative
Reactions: PurpleVoid, BeenGoneLong, freedompass and 9 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
There certainly has been a lot of pro lifers on here recently, more than usual. It's very strange to me that they all come on this website. They should just go and enjoy life instead if they have a problem with the posts on this forum, it's just suicidal people venting about the reality of existing on a suicide forum, like what do they expect.

Many of us on here just want to die because life is horrific and that is a fact and the way that I see life is simply the truth. Those who don't see life for how cruel it really is, really are so ignorant. It's not the language used that is disturbing, it's the existence of life that is disturbing instead and it's disturbing how all this endless suffering continues to exist in this world. If someone doesn't see life itself as being horrific and disturbing then they really must be insane. No wonder so many ctb in this world.

• Love
Reactions: 0000000000000, Pisceslilith, pthnrdnojvsc and 5 others
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Life itself is definitely evil. Especially sentient life. All living things can only exist at the expense of something else. Competition is inherit to the survival of any species. Predator, prey. While something lives, another thing suffers. Even plant species compete for food and resources. This is the fundamental nature of our reality, here on earth at least. Billions of living beings since the dawn of time have suffered in agony for no reason at all other than to continue this unending and pointless chain of misery.

It it those who are benefiting the most from the suffering of others who wish to deny that suffering exists at all. It is no coincdence that the happiest people tend to be those who disregard everything outside of their immediate self while those who practice empathy or compassion or have a desire to help people tend to be beaten down or driven to death. People can always make up excuses which all boil down to suffering is good/necessary/acceptable. That's the fundamental lie that it all spouts from. The opposite of the truth. If someone believes up is down then you can't convince them otherwise, you are then the one considered absurd. And human society conditions the vast majority of the populace to believe that. People won't be able to accept these things because it goes against the basic programming, biological and societal. If people could acknowledge the realities of life then perhaps it would be possible to fix any of them but the nature of humanity is geared toward wishful/magical thinking and other psychological flaws which prevents any meaningful discussions of things. Most people can only accept things that make them feel good. The fact that the majority of humanity find its morally positive in every circumstance to reproduce demonstrates quite a lot.

The only "positive" thing is that nothing can, or will, last forever.

• Love
Reactions: Suicidе, 0000000000000, markimobzzdeasui and 10 others
odradek

odradek

Mage
Sep 16, 2021
There certainly has been a lot of pro lifers on here recently, more than usual. It's very strange to me that they all come on this website. They should just go and enjoy life instead if they have a problem with the posts on this forum, it's just suicidal people venting about the reality of existing on a suicide forum, like what do they expect.

Many of us on here just want to die because life is horrific and that is a fact and the way that I see life is simply the truth. Those who don't see life for how cruel it really is, really are so ignorant. It's not the language used that is disturbing, it's the existence of life that is disturbing instead and it's disturbing how all this endless suffering continues to exist in this world. If someone doesn't see life itself as being horrific and disturbing then they really must be insane. No wonder so many ctb in this world.

These are very sound points you bring up. I have seen the truth. All hail Funeralcry, our Messiah.

• Yay!
  • Hmph!
Reactions: PurpleVoid, Null Hypothesis, Girl-shaped Wound and 5 others
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
  • Yay!
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Null Hypothesis, affinity, Girl-shaped Wound and 4 others
Primus

Primus

Oct 9, 2022
Find it weird how we discriminate between pro-lifers and pro-choicers.

Reactions: blackwidow and whatevs
Status
Not open for further replies.