Daxter_87

Daxter_87

If my name is crossed out, hopefully I'm dead.
May 28, 2023
Just like with all other activities – such as chores –, it takes me an insane amount of time to post on this forum – whether it's my own thread or a reply to other people's threads. I'm so fucking obsessive and perfectionist that there's just no room for errors. I want everything to be right; every fucking comma, every fucking grammar rule must be followed exactly as officially established. I always get stuck forever on the most ridiculously trivial details, such as wondering whether I should put a comma, a semicolon, or a period between two sentences.

On top of all this, it doesn't help either that English is not my native language, which therefore means... exactly, you've guessed it! I have to spend an even greater chunk of my time on Google Translate and grammar checkers to ensure that my sentences are sufficiently coherent and readable – I check and recheck the meaning of any slightly technical or formal term, I read and reread what I write, I rewrite everything I don't deem good enough, I try not to repeat the same words too much throughout the whole text, etc.

Needless to say, this is quite a time-consuming process that can take many hours – and sometimes even days – just for one post. Several fucking hours – or days – for one fucking post. For instance, I have been writing – and constantly rewriting – the text you are currently reading for a few days now. As you can see, I am undoubtedly and completely insane, especially considering that many of my writings will – understandably – be left unread and unreplied.

Now, someone could ask me why I invest so much time in something as irrelevant as an Internet post, when I could be doing something more profitable. Well, first off, I don't care about profit at all; in fact, I would CTB even if I had trillions in the bank, because life would still be futile, risky and painful. On the other hand, I waste so much of my life on such a pointless task simply because I'm out of my fucking mind and I have to fill the many empty hours with something. I also suffer from OCD, among quite a few other conditions – such as tics, misophonia, etc. –, which can only compound it all. In short, I'm utterly fucked up in the head, but don't judge me please; I'm suffering enough already.

To finish off, I also want to apologize for being so unnecessarily verbose in this post, and I totally get it if you just can't be bothered to read such long and wordy babbling. Honestly, I don't think my threads are usually meant for anybody but myself, save for some of them – such as the ones on antinatalism. Indeed, they're often just a selfish outlet for whatever thoughts or feelings are inside that chaotic and messed-up brain of mine. However, feel free to read my pompous and nonsensical crap if you wish to do so.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: mya_, rationaltake, CTB Dream and 9 others
lachrymost

lachrymost

finger on the eject button
Oct 4, 2022
I have to proofread a lot, but I don't edit my posts here for a problematic amount of time. But I'm a writer and I feel like I could edit any given text forever, slowly chiseling it. Eventually I just have to move on. It's frustrating for sure. Actually, it's starting to drive me insane a little bit, which sucks because ideally, writing should be a cathartic outlet for me. At some point I start to worry if I am editing it into a worse state. Ugh. I have OCD as well.

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake, CTB Dream, Daxter_87 and 1 other person
bloodblacknothing

bloodblacknothing

from stardust, to stardust
Jul 16, 2023
there's no need to apologize -- it's always okay to vent here, in whatever form that takes, and i'm glad you've done so. i understand the feeling you're describing, and i tend to operate similarly. rarely does it feel like i could ever say enough to adequately express my thoughts, even after spending a fair amount of time reading, re-reading, and editing my messages; unfortunately, pushing words up and out of my throat is even harder, so i try to keep my irl responses short.

i wouldn't say that being this attentive to your writing is necessarily a bad quality, nor do i think the value of your post is intrinsically tied to the amount of people who see it. i'm not sure if it will be of any comfort to you, but your writing is genuinely impressive, and far from incoherent.

in any case, thank you for posting this -- i know it took a lot, and i'm glad to have read your perspective! whenever you post again, you can at least be sure that i'll be there for it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: mya_, lachrymost, rationaltake and 4 others
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
Vry sry, know how feel., this rly tire make try prfct all see time move even small task, yea but no wry alws good post dax

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: mya_, rationaltake and Daxter_87