Toxic Positivity

Toxic Positivity

At my own pace
Feb 11, 2022
Screenshot 2024 01 04 053021

I will try to put this all plainly. The world is run by people who believe life is inherently worth living. The tyranny of the well against the unwell (lol) lies in the belief of the former that their own wellness, health and autonomy are chosen. Belief in free will functions as some kind of positive selection pressure both in life to begin with and especially in leadership, since leadership is about inspiring others to become better.

Anyway, I believe in free will, too, I just can't square the life I have with the life I want, and even with free will, I don't see a way to get there without other people, the closest of which have so consistently given up on me that I myself no longer believe I am worth salvaging. I *almost know* that any further attempts to save my life would simply be met with diminishing returns @ my potential, which reduces with age and habit, which reinforces itself.

In summary, there is no way out of this tailspin that I can feel, and the tragic irony is I know exactly what I should have done differently to effect another outcome. But this is not a unique story at all, and easy to understand. Let me know if you want to talk about anything---I can't talk about this with my friends.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Redacted24, Slow_Farewell, Tears in Rain and 4 others