• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Life was a song... You came along...
Mar 14, 2024
Anyone have a seriously harder time in the daytime as far as functioning goes? More anxiety, depression, fear, energy, irritability, more emotional, etc? Phobia to it? Sensitivity mentally and/or physically to sunlight? Been diagnosed with anything for it? Have a theory as to why daytime is significantly more difficult for you than winter and evening/after hours? How have you dealt with it? Thanks ✌

I have my own theories but I'm not brave enough to share😁

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: DeIetedUser4739, thebelljarrr and bed
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Mage
Apr 15, 2024
Yes, I hate light. Every morning I just wait for the day to pass. Unfortunately, I live in such high a latitude that summer only has like 4 hours of darkness. So I hate summer. No therapist or doctor understands me.

Reactions: thebelljarrr and DefinitelyReady
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
This specific symptom of depression is called positive mood variation. It's not a disorder in and of itself, but it's a type of diurnal mood variation. Diurnal mood variation refers to a pattern of change in mood as the day goes on, and positive mood variation means mood is worse upon waking and better in the evening. PMV is a pretty common symptom of depression

• Informative
Reactions: psp3000, SmallKoy and bed
bed

bed

Global Mod
Aug 24, 2019
not sure if this really answers your question or not but i've noticed i'm more suicidal and depressed in the summer than in winter. i've usually dealt with it quite poorly and just rotted or made plans to kms. my first suicide attempt was in august.
i've generally been more of a night person, i just find the stillness of everyone sleeping peaceful since i'm unbothered during those hours and can be myself and just do what i want. during the day it feels like im walking on eggshells in my house a lot of the time since i have a dysfunctional family.
however, my sleep schedule is pretty normal atm and i dont spend most of my time up too late anymore. i think just having this routine has helped in a way to function a bit better since i'm more used to the daytime now and some of the triggers that come with it.

Reactions: AvwJ, thebelljarrr, psp3000 and 1 other person
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Mar 14, 2024
This specific symptom of depression is called positive mood variation. It's not a disorder in and of itself, but it's a type of diurnal mood variation. Diurnal mood variation refers to a pattern of change in mood as the day goes on, and positive mood variation means mood is worse upon waking and better in the evening. PMV is a pretty common symptom of depression
From what you know does that work in reverse, as most people don't like the dark and like to be in the light. It gives them energy, mental and physically. I mean which makes sense from an evolutionary perspective. I also know that other people's depression (I forget the name other than seasonal affective disorder? which I think can work in reverse too.) gets worse as they lose daytime. Nights are worse for them as far as depression. Kind of like that older people's syndrome, or how people with cognitive disorders like dementia and alzheimer's worsen as daytime decreases.

pinkpetal

pinkpetal

Jun 25, 2024
hmm, now that i read your post, i realised that my thoughts aren't as violent as they are during day time. This makes me wonder if it's my brain that's broken or the environment that's affecting me.

ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
From what you know does that work in reverse, as most people don't like the dark and like to be in the light. It gives them energy, mental and physically. I mean which makes sense from an evolutionary perspective. I also know that other people's depression (I forget the name other than seasonal affective disorder? which I think can work in reverse too.) gets worse as they lose daytime. Nights are worse for them as far as depression. Kind of like that older people's syndrome, or how people with cognitive disorders like dementia and alzheimer's worsen as daytime decreases.
Positive mood variation is more common afaik & diurnal mood variation often gets viewed as just PMV. Experiencing the reverse is possible though & would still be a type of DMV. When people's depression or cognitive disorders get worse at night/in the winter, it's not viewed as oddly bc it's following the "normal" circadian rhythm. People who experience PMV with depression likely have naturally flipped or shifted circadian rhythms, which is common in people with ADHD too

Reactions: DefinitelyReady
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Mar 14, 2024
not sure if this really answers your question or not but i've noticed i'm more suicidal and depressed in the summer than in winter. i've usually dealt with it quite poorly and just rotted or made plans to kms. my first suicide attempt was in august.
i've generally been more of a night person, i just find the stillness of everyone sleeping peaceful since i'm unbothered during those hours and can be myself and just do what i want. during the day it feels like im walking on eggshells in my house a lot of the time since i have a dysfunctional family.
however, my sleep schedule is pretty normal atm and i dont spend most of my time up too late anymore. i think just having this routine has helped in a way to function a bit better since i'm more used to the daytime now and some of the triggers that come with it.
Warning:: Wall of Text::
I tend to be in denial about the effectiveness and importance a sleep schedule can have on the body mentally and physically. I think in general, the hustle and bustle of daytime can trigger anyone for with anxiety and depression because it's overstimulating mentally, and there's expectations and pressure mentally and physically from deadlines and responsibilities because these are the designated living and operating hours. When night falls, expectations and responsibilities are more restricted and geared toward finishing for rest. Priorities change and things slow down, giving the nervous system a break. Makes sense, in theory, just not a great system. World has moved faster than we can accommodate so our adrenal glands are in overdrive and hormones are unbalanced trying to keep up with the thousands of decisions we make under scrutiny. They say when we multi-task, that the human brain can't do that; that it's only switching quickly from one thing to another. Then they design it that way to engage in sunlight. Like why stand over a hotass grill in 90° heat? Well because we design ads and commercials showing people doing it so follow-the-leader.
Sheep🐑
But what it boils down to is:
Daytime = unsafe
Nightime = safe
So yeah, definitely eggshells. I feel more prone to being attacked during the day than night😂 Even a knock on the door during the day is scarier than at night😂
Dysfunctional families can literally be the death of you :/
hmm, now that i read your post, i realised that my thoughts aren't as violent as they are during day time. This makes me wonder if it's my brain that's broken or the environment that's affecting me.
Environment like surroundings or time of day?

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
Anyone have a seriously harder time in the daytime as far as functioning goes? More anxiety, depression, fear, energy, irritability, more emotional, etc? Phobia to it? Sensitivity mentally and/or physically to sunlight? Been diagnosed with anything for it? Have a theory as to why daytime is significantly more difficult for you than winter and evening/after hours? How have you dealt with it? Thanks ✌

I have my own theories but I'm not brave enough to share😁
Not really but I've got a fucked up that never shuts down. The stupid thing even thinks about capillaries, blood cells, heart valves and other stupid shit even when I have a massage which is meant to be relaxing and chill you out.

Night/day is all the same. Prefer night as there's less people.