• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Mia

Mia

May 1, 2018
People have created a world that induces suicide but shame people for doing so. Our society and its conditions is what's making people so unhappy, yet instead of bothering to change the things that make us unhappy they'd rather lock us away and give us drugs to make us numb to our emotions and tolerate our misery.

M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
I don't think the point was to "create a world that induces suicide", though yes, there are numerous reasons for wanting to die. Suicide is condemned because tons of people killing themselves wouldn't be a good thing for the powerful and rich people in this world. Sure, people who are sick to the point they can't work are of little use, but most (poor) people even if sick still work and contribute towards making rich people even richer, powerful people even more powerful. Imagine if all these people died? The rich would have to actually work for once in their lives.

The horror!

That said, this might be true for many (I wouldn't know what goes inside the heads of other people), but not for all or at least not for me: "Our society and its conditions is what's making people so unhappy"

Even if they changed everything in society, I would still want to die. I just don't like this boring world and reality. Everything is so limited. I guess I am "spoiled" by "fiction", but I am okay with that. Not only that, but aging sucks big time. Your health and beauty (if you have any) only goes downhill after a certain age (usually your teenager to young adult years).

Reactions: FullFat and Cyanide
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
I don't think the point was to "create a world that induces suicide", though yes, there are numerous reasons for wanting to die. Suicide is condemned because tons of people killing themselves wouldn't be a good thing for the powerful and rich people in this world. Sure, people who are sick to the point they can't work are of little use, but most (poor) people even if sick still work and contribute towards making rich people even richer, powerful people even more powerful. Imagine if all these people died? The rich would have to actually work for once in their lives.

The horror!

That said, this might be true for many (I wouldn't know what goes inside the heads of other people), but not for all or at least not for me: "Our society and its conditions is what's making people so unhappy"

Even if they changed everything in society, I would still want to die. I just don't like this boring world and reality. Everything is so limited. I guess I am "spoiled" by "fiction", but I am okay with that. Not only that, but aging sucks big time. Your health and beauty (if you have any) only goes downhill after a certain age (usually your teenager to young adult years).

I'm similar to you. I became very concio about this world and how boring or limited. I realized how everything is like a boring simulation. It's like being trapped for a lifetime but many people keep distracting themselves from the hard facts.