N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I think commiting suicide in psychiatry is pretty hard and dangerous. I think many people try hanging but if you are found you can have permanent damage. For me commiting suicide is pretty hard all the desperation, pain and so on. I've read about suicides in prisons or psychiatry. I think the urge to do it there is pretty high and due to that it is easier to overcome SI. However I was in the psychiatry and I always was very suicidal. But no being found too early is so scary. Permanent damage was the main reason why I did not attempt suicide before. I cannot imagine doing it in psychiatry. It is hard for me to imagine how many succeed despite these circumstances.

• Hugs
Reactions: WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Yes, same here!
I live alone and have all the time and freedom to ctb and yet, I'm still in this world!!!
If I were in prison or in a psych ward, I'd just lose my mind and wouldn't be myself anymore.

Reactions: Pisceslilith
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
Crazy how people are locked up in institutions and prisons for wanting to ctb. If you were facing the prospect of daily beatings, stabbings, rapes in prison you would risk permanent damage with makeshift hanging too.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I have heard some cases of people who have ctb in psychiatry successfully by hanging even know they were supposed to be constantly watched. I think one case I heard was on life support for a couple of weeks and then they were brain dead. I guess some people just get desperate and when they are in that kind of environment they may not think rationally so they don't think about failure risks. I don't think there is much difference between psych wards and prisons really.