bellinda

bellinda

May 29, 2023
I'm a woman living in the middle east, it's been 22 fucking years. I'm so tired of the oppression. Because I cannot find a job, there is no escape for me, I am stuck forever with my parents, furthermore the financial abuse that goes on is crazy. I'm trying to save up to escape but it seems as though my dad's aware of this and barely gives me much. Because there is no other way of receiving money, I am forced to conform. I hate my life, I've been forced to wear the hijab since I was a kid, I can't eat whatever I want. The only time I discovered freedom was when I found drugs, my life fell apart but I never felt better. I haven't been able to get high in a while, this forced me to see how ugly my reality is. If I stay here any longer I will absolutely CTB. I couldn't be arsed to live, it's such a hassle. Death seems so much more chill.
I would much rather die than get married and be a slave.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: jar-baby, terminalending, WonderingSoul and 16 others
OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
I'm sorry, it's really insane how men decided they have a right to treat women like property, we don't have much freedoms in life, but should at least maintain bodily autonomy. Hope you manage to save enough to escape.

Reactions: WonderingSoul, Suicidе, apple2myeye! and 2 others
R

Readytogo246

Student
Jun 4, 2023
This is terrible! Sounds like you are a prisoner. How can you get out?

bellinda

bellinda

May 29, 2023
This is terrible! Sounds like you are a prisoner. How can you get out?
I used to swing between hopeless suicidality, drugs to escape reality, or save every penny I get in the hope I can afford a flight to get out. There's really no hope or way in doing this alone, which is very embarrassing to say. It really is like being a prisoner. I'm trying to stay hopeful right now, hopefully I can taste freedom someday... Well, other than the freedom of death and relief from living.

M

mistknight

Aug 14, 2023
What country are you in? And what does Islam teach anyway?