T

Tiburcio

I can say also that it was mathematically prooved that suicide is the better solution. Because in that case it's impossible to regret anything, while as long as you live you may regret not commiting suicide plus many other things. Suicide is the only choice one can never regret.
So true my friend.

Suicide is the only choice one can never regret.
This is probably the most true phrase I've never seen.

Reactions: ScaredOfLife and ephemeral
Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018
What if I, for example, were to say that I am not suicidal anymore and I wanted to go somewhere for advice on how to stay that way and on healthy living (mentally and emotionally), develop good coping mechanisms, stuff like that. Is this a good place for that?

I ask this because, incidentally, I randomly started feeling a lot better recently. I was having a typical conversation with my dad about how I've been feeling and why and whatnot, and at some point I realized I wasn't miserable anymore. I felt content (if this sounds unrealistic, well... it sounds that way to me too.) I've more or less felt this way for several days now. The only thing that gets to me sometimes is nervousness; I get scared that I will start to feel miserable again, and I'd rather die than feel that way again (I mean, I wanted to die already -while- I was feeling that way). I'm feeling nervous right now, as a matter of fact.

Something will probably happen to make me go the other way again, whenever that may be. But until then, as I came to realize working with my psychiatrist awhile back, its not death that any of us really want, it's just to feel better. So while I'm feeling better, I want to do whatever I can to keep feeling better.

And I'll tell you, I will never go to an anti-suicide forum for advice again. The entire concept of a suicide site where you can't talk about suicide is completely ludicrous; I can't talk to those people without getting mad, especially since I have to worry about being cautious about every fucking word I say for fear of being lectured about possibly triggering someone. Not to mention the mods, worse than anyone else, all come off as sanctimonious pricks. All of this has been my experience, at least.

edit: Oh yeah, I wanted to add that I guess the reason I'm even coming here about it in the first place is because I feel like I've gotten such positive responses from everybody, that I really feel comfortable here, so far at least.
That is great : ) I am seriously happy for you. I hope it's the start of something permanent. I am jealous and happy - but hey if any of us can make it out of here alive and content, good!
Maybe there should be a recovering/recovery section.... suicide is probably a lot like addition. It will be a thing in the back of your mind for years to come and if you can't speak honestly about it ... it could get back out of hand.

Reactions: tearsinrain, lv-gras and ephemeral
accidentaldeath

accidentaldeath

Student
May 29, 2018
What if I, for example, were to say that I am not suicidal anymore and I wanted to go somewhere for advice on how to stay that way and on healthy living (mentally and emotionally), develop good coping mechanisms, stuff like that. Is this a good place for that?

I ask this because, incidentally, I randomly started feeling a lot better recently. I was having a typical conversation with my dad about how I've been feeling and why and whatnot, and at some point I realized I wasn't miserable anymore. I felt content (if this sounds unrealistic, well... it sounds that way to me too.) I've more or less felt this way for several days now. The only thing that gets to me sometimes is nervousness; I get scared that I will start to feel miserable again, and I'd rather die than feel that way again (I mean, I wanted to die already -while- I was feeling that way). I'm feeling nervous right now, as a matter of fact.

Something will probably happen to make me go the other way again, whenever that may be. But until then, as I came to realize working with my psychiatrist awhile back, its not death that any of us really want, it's just to feel better. So while I'm feeling better, I want to do whatever I can to keep feeling better.

And I'll tell you, I will never go to an anti-suicide forum for advice again. The entire concept of a suicide site where you can't talk about suicide is completely ludicrous; I can't talk to those people without getting mad, especially since I have to worry about being cautious about every fucking word I say for fear of being lectured about possibly triggering someone. Not to mention the mods, worse than anyone else, all come off as sanctimonious pricks. All of this has been my experience, at least.

edit: Oh yeah, I wanted to add that I guess the reason I'm even coming here about it in the first place is because I feel like I've gotten such positive responses from everybody, that I really feel comfortable here, so far at least.
I'm really happy to hear that things got better for you, I've been waiting for a long time for the same thing, unfortunately things haven't got any better but at least I have some final hope they will, if not then I will ctb, if things get better I don't plan leaving the forum, it would be nice to be able to help people which don't have any other way to escape or people that are recovering.

Reactions: tearsinrain and lv-gras
M

Mecha Man

Experienced
Jul 16, 2018
W-O-W

I don't know how I started missing new posts on this thread (I didn't "unwatch" it) but geez it has gotten a lot of attention since I last looked at it. I feel kinda bad now ;_; Well all I can say is obviously after all this time I've still been coming here, and I'm glad for it. So I guess my question has been answered.

I believe I do have some particular questions about recovery methods, which I will make a thread about when I feel like it. But thanks for all the input from everyone.

Reactions: lv-gras and Tiburcio
Brokenanddeadinside

Brokenanddeadinside

Arcanist
Aug 8, 2018
I just recently joined this site and I like being a part of it. I think committing suicide should be up to the person. I don't think it is selfish like other places say. I think it's selfish for others expecting someone that is miserable and wants to die that has tried to get help or just has a really shitty life. I think of suicide all the time and my father wants to die and I gave him my ok because he has suffered enough in life but even still he is trying. It will be devastating when it does happen but it's what he wants and I understand the feeling. In my view we all die it's up to the individual to decide when they are done with this life and wether life is worth living.

Reactions: Mecha Man, tearsinrain, lv-gras and 1 other person