• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Tread softly for you tread on my dreams
Apr 17, 2023
"When the last days were upon me, and the ugly trifles of existence began to drive me to madness like the small drops of water that torturers let fall ceaselessly upon one spot of their victim's body, I loved the irradiate refuge of sleep. In my dreams I found a little of the beauty I had vainly sought in life, and wandered through old gardens and enchanted woods.

Last night I swallowed the drug and floated dreamily into the golden valley and the shadowy groves; and when I came this time to the antique wall, I saw that the small gate of bronze was ajar. From beyond came a glow that weirdly lit the giant twisted trees and the tops of the buried temples, and I drifted on songfully, expectant of the glories of the land from whence I should never return.
But as the gate swung wider and the sorcery of drug and dream pushed me through, I knew that all sights and glories were at an end; for in that new realm was neither land nor sea, but only the white void of unpeopled and illimitable space. So, happier than I had ever dared hoped to be, I dissolved again into that native infinity of crystal oblivion from which the daemon Life had called me for one brief and desolate hour."

Beginning and end of Ex oblivione by Lovecraft. Middle is just fluff

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
HPL's early stories are mostly just reiterations of dreams he had. They seem unreal because they are - and doubtless Lovecraft himself was a very depressed individual. Knowing his life and times. His stories are comforting like endless dreams.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Apr 17, 2023
HPL's early stories are mostly just reiterations of dreams he had. They seem unreal because they are - and doubtless Lovecraft himself was a very depressed individual. Knowing his life and times. His stories are comforting like endless dreams.
Have you read them all? I've read most of them.

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Put it into AI and see what image it generates

• Love
Reactions: Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Apr 17, 2023
Put it into AI and see what image it generates
I used up all my free searches. You do it. My "heaven" search wasn't as good as what yours showed.

Reactions: sserafim