Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

Why the long face? Cause I don’t wanna live here.
May 19, 2020
Take away the internet. Can you function? Can you be happy or at least content? This is how people lived for thousands of years.

Personally, the Internet is my crutch. Without it I'm a mentally disabled person stuck in a room. I can't work and people lose interest in me once they find that out. The internet allows me to watch tv and movies for free. I would have zero distractions without it.

This thought experiment shows me that without the internet I should die and would have 10 yrs ago when I got my own place and wasted hours in chat rooms because I didn't have any real friends. In ancient times i'd be considered one without a tribe and would die. Technology has prolonged my life and extended my suffering.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fragile and FriendofDeath
FriendofDeath

FriendofDeath

Elementalist
May 22, 2020
In earlier days I thought I could have been a successful pioneer. Now, they'd probably lose me or leave me on the trail! I was without internet access during inpatient and was ready to have a meltdown! Didn't help that I couldn't sleep, either. It's definitely something that keeps me going.

Cosmiq

Cosmiq

Student
May 7, 2020
I could function but wouldn't be anymore content w/o it. The internet created a no effort distraction. Sure I can read, write, sketch, and such but they all take a bit more effort and focus even without access to the internet.

In earlier days I thought I could have been a successful pioneer. Now, they'd probably lose me or leave me on the trail! I was without internet access during inpatient and was ready to have a meltdown! Didn't help that I couldn't sleep, either. It's definitely something that keeps me going.

When I was hospitalized I didn't have internet access either. There was a TV but half the channels didn't work, there was only an hour or 2 scheduled for it. couldn't sleep at night, but during the day you're discouraged from sleeping so I tried reading and sketching. And, I meant to add I remember not realizing just how disconnected I was. It was during the same time one of the rappers I liked died.

Last edited:
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
I could not stand to be without the internet. I'm on it every waking hour. If I want food, I order online. Tobacco, online. Anything I require, from cleaning goods to shampoo, online. That's not to mention every bit of media I consume is online.

Sometimes I think it's a curse, the internet, but I'm so used to it and reliant on it I couldn't imagine anything else as anything but a downgrade.

Reactions: disabledandhopeless