D

darkwater

Experienced
Apr 17, 2021
I have always thought of myself as a rational non-religious European. Then I took LSD and things appeared from a different perspective. But well, probably just a drug that alters consciousness. Many months later I suddenly saw a magenta colored light in the corner of my eye. Of absolute beauty and purity. Then I tried DMT and it didn't really work but suddenly my brain was silent. I never understood budhism but it seemed to me that it was the state that budhists try to achieve to silence the thoughts.

I should probably say that I once had a paranoid psychosis.

Is there more after death is non-existence too much to ask?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: rationaltake, 7b48hl, Shivali and 3 others
greencondo

greencondo

Sep 25, 2019
nobody can be sure, but I'm pretty confident (or at least ok with deciding) consciousness after death is just like how it was before you were born.. nothing.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: redeyepiranha, Leiden, worn_out and 3 others
FailureGirl

FailureGirl

lost in limbo...
Jul 5, 2021
Iv almost died twice and it was just darkness like quiet empty nothingness for me so peaceful I want that again. As for consciousness the first time I was aware of it happening, the second time I don't think I was but I remembered after i eventually woke up.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: 7b48hl, Shivali and Ringo
B

Banshee

Student
Oct 25, 2021
My cousin was legally dead for 14 minutes after having a nail shoot into his heart from a nail gun. I asked him what it was like being dead and his response was, "you know when you get black out drunk and the last thing you remember is something from the night and then you're just awake the next day? That's 100% all it was, awake, nothing awake. Exactly like a dreamless sleep."

• Love
Reactions: 7b48hl, Leiden, Lost in a Dream and 2 others
catflowers

catflowers

Experienced
Jul 31, 2022
I was born into rreligion. religion is in my blood

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I believe that when we die, we cease to exist completely, and that is it for us, we are gone. Death is the absence of everything, just like how before we were born, where time passed and yet we were not aware of anything. There is no evidence of there being anything after death, I believe that the idea of afterlife/reincarnation is a fictional concept.

• Love
Reactions: Leiden and Shivali
L

Leiden

Arcanist
Sep 1, 2020
I do believe there is something after death, a judgement and a place we will find ourselves in after that judgement. I do not wish it to be this way, I want more than anything to be done, for everything to be over and for it to be like it was before birth. I absolutely HATE the thought of an eternity, anywhere, even if it's great. I want NOTHINGNESS, NON EXISTENCE!! It's horrific to have to be born without consent but to have to live for eternity is just sadistic! Who the hell would ever want that! All that being said we will only find out what's truly on the other side when we get there. I hope I'm wrong!!

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Lost in a Dream
L

Leiden

Arcanist
Sep 1, 2020
I believe that when we die, we cease to exist completely, and that is it for us, we are gone. Death is the absence of everything, just like how before we were born, where time passed and yet we were not aware of anything. There is no evidence of there being anything after death, I believe that the idea of afterlife/reincarnation is a fictional concept.
This sounds so comforting. I hope this is true @FuneralCry. For me its really tough because It's so hard when you have been raised with things put into your head. It's hard not to have them in the back of your mind but I just don't know and it's agonizing to me. I just want everything to be over, in this life, after life.I don't know how much more I can bare here.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I have seen some near death experience videos that to me seem pretty convincing that after this body dies the soul continues to love- many of these ndes are similar even though the people have widely different backgrounds, but some are not similar- some have religious meanings and some do not. I think that continuing to live in some form is likely after this life, but no one knows for sure.

I

#imdone

Dec 2, 2021
I had routine surgery a few years ago, started to come round in the recovery room with a nurse assessing me, she put a syringe of something into the back of my hand , I felt much better, she then introduced a large syringe full of clear liquid, as that got into me I started feeling very odd, detached, last thing I remember is her screaming for a crash team, then blackness..
I awoke being worked on with a lot of wires attached to my chest & wearing a nappy, I was dead for several minutes, there was no bright lights or tunnel, just blackness as if a switch was thrown and I died, for me there is nothing after death it is the end

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
It is true that only a small percentage of cases where a person gets somewhat near death result in a near death experience that seems like a person is in another world. Some people believe these are windows to another life and some think they are just dreams. To me what is most convincing is when people tell of facts of things they saw while floating outside of their body that they couldn't have seen in any other way. But some people believe in this and some don't, obviously.