• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

wildflowers1996

wildflowers1996

Arcanist
Oct 14, 2023
I find it so hard seeing all the suffering here and I just wish there was something I could do to alleviate the suffering even just a little bit :(

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: weatherforecast, Amnesiac_88, sash and 39 others
speakinginflowers

speakinginflowers

old ache growing loud again
Mar 3, 2024
depends on the person, honestly. i think a lot of people come here to feel better and a lot come here to feel worse or to just learn how they want to die. some people come here to have people to relate to and candidly share their struggles and some come here to wallow (which im definitely not shaming anyone for, do what you wanna on that front) or because they've decided it's definitely never going to get better and for those people, there's usually no consoling them. it does some good to learn which is which and also don't overstep in trying to console anyone especially strangers if it's obvious they don't want to be.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: scottyy, RosesFlourish, ijustwishtodie and 6 others
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
Wildflowers1996, this is such a lovely post and you really are kind. I have to be honest - there are some people on this forum that just give me solace by being here and you are one of them. Sometimes - just being is enough. Thank you.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: lita-lassi, Linda, DizzyFolfy and 15 others
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I wish I could see the true miracle and beauty of life. Existence is so precious and an opportunity for limitless happiness and joy but I mostly feel depression.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: forfever, RosesFlourish, ijustwishtodie and 6 others
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Just talking and relating to us helps. When someone shows us empathy it makes a difference. It's what people will remember about you

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Malaria, lita-lassi, sancta-simplicitas and 10 others
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
It's nice to type things without anyone biting your head off. I see some posts that are too much to handle (for me) as I can't relate to the situation but I know it's bad. I feel a bit better replying to people and having some sort of connection to the situation. There's only so much art, linkin park and bring me the horizon I can take in a day.

Some days I'll read a long thread and just silently cry. It doesn't matter that I'm a guy or whatever. Some people just have no options and it's crushijg.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: RosesFlourish, ijustwishtodie, Forveleth and 7 others
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
You can give me a small loan of $1 million. Jk 🤣

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: restless.dreams, urushiha, RosesFlourish and 10 others
INTJme

INTJme

Epeolatrist
Mar 22, 2024
Can you make me see the colour purple? 👉👈 (I'm colorvision deficient or "colour-blind" for context)

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: RosesFlourish, ijustwishtodie, sserafim and 3 others
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
You can give me a small loan of $1 million. Jk 🤣
$ 1 million? What's that a shed and a box car as a car lol.
UK - houses that are a complete tip and not refurbished (3 beds - no garage, lucky if you have off street parking space) - £600,000 starting. That doesn't include solicitors, stamp duty, etc. Yeah no chance lmao.

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, StarryEyed, divinemistress36 and 2 others
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
$ 1 million? What's that a shed and a box car as a car lol.
UK - houses that are a complete tip and not refurbished (3 beds - no garage, lucky if you have off street parking space) - £600,000 starting. That doesn't include solicitors, stamp duty, etc. Yeah no chance lmao.
Yep this is why I'll be living in my parents basement forever

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, ijustwishtodie, StarryEyed and 1 other person
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
Yep this is why I'll be living in my parents basement forever
LOL. In the UK if you have a basement in your house then you are wealthy. They are extremely common in areas near central like Kensington, Chelsea, etc. Got a basement? Property is worth a few million pounds. lol.

I love how in American that's used as an insult. Say it to someone in the UK and you are saying that they are rich as hell lol
Dave Chappelle Im Rich Bitch GIF

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, ijustwishtodie, sserafim and 2 others
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
LOL. In the UK if you have a basement in your house then you are wealthy. They are extremely common in areas near central like Kensington, Chelsea, etc. Got a basement? Property is worth a few million pounds. lol.

I love how in American that's used as an insult. Say it to someone in the UK and you are saying that they are rich as hell lol
Dave Chappelle Im Rich Bitch GIF
Yep they consider you a loser If you are Over 30 living in parents basement but we can't all be upper middle class

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, ijustwishtodie and Throwawayacc3
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
Yep they consider you a loser If you are Over 30 living in parents basement but we can't all be upper middle class
Yeah same boat - I wasn't a "loser" when business was fine. When it collapsed NOW I'm a loser. lol some normie logic.

It's fine - their mortgages are going to pound town and it'll destroy them eventually. All for show and status. Only people doing ok are the ones who own their homes outright which is less than 2% easy.

This loser can feed the parrot and woodpecker coming to the garden. I don't need people anymore.

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, ijustwishtodie, sserafim and 1 other person
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Yeah same boat - I wasn't a "loser" when business was fine. When it collapsed NOW I'm a loser. lol some normie logic.

It's fine - their mortgages are going to pound town and it'll destroy them eventually. All for show and status. Only people doing ok are the ones who own their homes outright which is less than 2% easy.

This loser can feed the parrot and woodpecker coming to the garden. I don't need people anymore.
It's true! Im low income but I'm debt free so I'll laugh when shit hits the fan for some of them

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
Yes... could you purchase a nuclear weapon for me?

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: wildflowers1996, StarryEyed, ijustwishtodie and 2 others
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
It's true! Im low income but I'm debt free so I'll laugh when shit hits the fan for some of them
I'm now low income. Went from top to bottom but spent a lot on animal related stuff and art so don't care lol. I've got a few thousand on the cards. Hopefully last few deals and then say fuck off and stop it all.
Yes... could you purchase a nuclear weapon for me?
Dr Evil GIF by Product Hunt

• Love
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Sprite_Geist and divinemistress36
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
I'm now low income. Went from top to bottom but spent a lot on animal related stuff and art so don't care lol. I've got a few thousand on the cards. Hopefully last few deals and then say fuck off and stop it all.

Dr Evil GIF by Product Hunt
Better to spend on animals than stupid materalistic shit

Reactions: Kawaii_Shoujo215, ijustwishtodie and sserafim
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
Sorry, but there's nothing you can do, life is suffering.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kawaii_Shoujo215, divinemistress36 and wildflowers1996
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
Better to spend on animals than stupid materalistic shit
I mean I did go places abroad but I'd always look for animal sanctuaries or zoos and research them before going (not giving money to dodgy fucks like the research I did for charities and companies).
Even when I started doing golf (ironically to get away from people most of the day) I'd take so many photos waiting for the group ahead of animals. On one holiday I had two turtles on the fairway chilling, a stork fly over my head, a load of flamingos right next to me on the fairway. It was nice.

Anyway it's all gone now. Not that I wanted to go on "holidays" all the time. I could only bear them for about 5 days with an itinerary. Spain was the destination to stay and volunteer at that sanctuary. It's done, over. Win the lottery (1 in 127,000,000) or death for it to happen.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: StarryEyed and divinemistress36
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
You're probably better off asking this in the recovery section as opposed to here

Reactions: wildflowers1996, scottyy, SVEN and 3 others
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Your honestly probably the sweetest member on here. There probably isn't much you do alleviate the suffering of others. Sadly, suffering is something that needs to be worked through by the person and it can be a hard thing to do. The best thing you can do is be kind to others and show them genuine support and understanding of what they are going through.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: weatherforecast, lita-lassi, wildflowers1996 and 2 others
RosesFlourish

RosesFlourish

There’s a chance I could make it
Feb 16, 2024
You're a really cool person. :) Thank you for making me smile.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: lita-lassi, wildflowers1996, Kit1 and 1 other person
U

Unsure and alone

It's a slow fade
Dec 10, 2023
You're probably better off asking this in the recovery section as opposed to here
True , I had the same thought.
However it's probably far more interesting asking it in the suicide section.
I find it so hard seeing all the suffering here and I just wish there was something I could do to alleviate the suffering even just a little bit :(
Reading this thread was a little bit helpful.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: lita-lassi, wildflowers1996, Kit1 and 1 other person
L

lifewasawillowtv

You’re losing me
Nov 12, 2023
Can you shoot me in the head please XD. This is such a lovely post though :)

• Hugs
Reactions: wildflowers1996, Throwawayacc3, Kit1 and 2 others
LOVELYDARKDEEP

LOVELYDARKDEEP

will you gnaw off your own leg to escape the trap?
Mar 20, 2024
You have, just by asking.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: lita-lassi, wildflowers1996, restless.dreams and 2 others
S

StarryEyed

PMs aren't my thing
Mar 14, 2024
I often find it helpful if people don't try to, as you say, alleviate my suffering, but just accept that I am suffering and love me even though I'm suffering. Often the measuring stick of a loveable person in society is a healthy, thriving person. But broken people are loveable too. It's hard enough to be suffering, but when people tell me my suffering causes them suffering, it's a double whammy. So I need to alleviate their suffering?

Often I just need to feel the suffering. You know, walk through the fire instead of around it. Otherwise I can't process the thought or feeling I'm struggling with. On this forum I'm trying to process my suicidal thoughts and feelings because there's no place for these IRL. So your empathy is best served for me by not wanting to fix me or save me, but to accept my broken parts and respect that no one can accurately measure the suffering of another person because suffering is subjective.

So likewise I can't measure other people suffering by seeing me suffer. But I think the best arrangement is if everyone owns their own suffering, and not make others responsible for their suffering. But I know that's impossible; we are connected in our suffering. The same way we are connected in our joy. I'm sorry you're suffering. Maybe this site is not appropriate for you? It's pretty raw here.

• Love
Reactions: wildflowers1996
wildflowers1996

wildflowers1996

Arcanist
Oct 14, 2023
I often find it helpful if people don't try to, as you say, alleviate my suffering, but just accept that I am suffering and love me even though I'm suffering. Often the measuring stick of a loveable person in society is a healthy, thriving person. But broken people are loveable too. It's hard enough to be suffering, but when people tell me my suffering causes them suffering, it's a double whammy. So I need to alleviate their suffering?

Often I just need to feel the suffering. You know, walk through the fire instead of around it. Otherwise I can't process the thought or feeling I'm struggling with. On this forum I'm trying to process my suicidal thoughts and feelings because there's no place for these IRL. So your empathy is best served for me by not wanting to fix me or save me, but to accept my broken parts and respect that no one can accurately measure the suffering of another person because suffering is subjective.

So likewise I can't measure other people suffering by seeing me suffer. But I think the best arrangement is if everyone owns their own suffering, and not make others responsible for their suffering. But I know that's impossible; we are connected in our suffering. The same way we are connected in our joy. I'm sorry you're suffering. Maybe this site is not appropriate for you? It's pretty raw here.
I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you more by saying your suffering causes me suffering and I certainly wasn't expecting people to feel like they have to make me feel better for seeing them suffering, I wouldn't want people to feel like they have to hide their pain at all I definitely don't want to make things worse
I guess I'm asking then not "how can I fix everything for you?" (if that's not possible) but "how can I show you love even though you are suffering?" Like you said you like people to love you despite your suffering - what does that love look like, if that makes sense?

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
There are at least two ways you can do it. The first is to offer practical suggestions about how people might try dealing with their problems. Of course that's only appropriate if their problems have solutions (or, at least, might have solutions). The second way is to offer emotional support, in whatever way you can. Unfortunately, we all have to accept that there is a limit to what we can do, and for many of the people here we can do very little. At one time I stayed away from this site for about 2 years, because I became frustrated at how little I could actually achieve by being here.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: lita-lassi and wildflowers1996
lita-lassi

lita-lassi

let me spell it out for you: go to hell
Sep 25, 2023
just keep being your lovely self 🖤

• Hugs
Reactions: Linda and wildflowers1996
S

StarryEyed

PMs aren't my thing
Mar 14, 2024
@wildflowers1996 thanks for your reply and, no, you didn't upset me. I could see from a lot of the other people posting here that your heart is in the right place and you're well liked on the forum. I'm just answering your question. I'll take it from the top... You started this thread by saying, "I find it so hard seeing all the suffering here and I just wish there was something I could do to alleviate the suffering even just a little bit :("

So I translated "I find it so hard seeing all the suffering here" and your frowning face into you saying you are suffering due to members suffering.

I also translated your "I just wish there was something I could do to alleviate the suffering even just a little bit" into you wanting to alleviate the suffering. So I said not to try to alleviate my suffering would be a help.

Also, I didn't say I'm loveable *despite* my suffering. I said "even though I'm suffering", meaning *including* my suffering.

In answer to your question as to what loving a broken person looks like, most of Adam Sandler's movies show broken, loveable people. Actually most movies are about that, but Adam Sandler's are the best examples. We're all broken to varying degrees in this world - not just suicidal people. We don't all have to be happy and wanting to live in order to deserve a voice and a place in this world. I think if the world was more accepting of what are deemed as "negative" thoughts and feelings, I wouldn't feel so suicidal.

But perhaps progress has been made by someone coining the phrase "toxic positivity". It makes me think there may be room in the future for negativity.

I hope that makes more sense.