• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

Miss clefable

Enlightened
Aug 23, 2018
i have questions

Reactions: Deafsn0w and therhydler
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
Last edited:
M

Miss clefable

Enlightened
Aug 23, 2018
Will a nurse work? Girl, we've all got questions. Ask away.

I'm worried this is about the abdominal wound you mentioned.
Yes it is how likely is it to go septic?

gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
Yes it is how likely is it to go septic?

You wanna DM me? I need a description of what you used, how clean it was, how deep you went, if you have any fever, worsening pain, drainage, and preferably a pic.

M

Miss clefable

Enlightened
Aug 23, 2018
You wanna DM me? I need a description of what you used, how clean it was, how deep you went, if you have any fever, worsening pain, drainage, and preferably a pic.
I can't my dm is banned

Reactions: Deafsn0w and stellabelle
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
I can't my dm is banned

Well, then I guess ask for a lift on the ban (medically necessary!) or tell me what you're comfortable with right here in the great wide open.

Reactions: Deafsn0w and Miss clefable
M

Miss clefable

Enlightened
Aug 23, 2018
Scissors half a blade went in it was dirty I stabbed the same place twice I've had yellow pus no fever yet it stings a bit

Reactions: Deafsn0w
M

Miss clefable

Enlightened
Aug 23, 2018
Here's the wound

Attachments

• 84A599AF-8DD9-4B2C-B0D6-0D83FD62DD20.jpeg
    84A599AF-8DD9-4B2C-B0D6-0D83FD62DD20.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 43
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
Scissors half a blade went in it was dirty I stabbed the same place twice I've had yellow pus no fever yet it stings a bit

What side, your right or left? Below your ribs? Estimate how long the blade was for me pls.

Edit: Ok, that looks pretty superficial and just a little red, not "angry" red.

M

Miss clefable

Enlightened
Aug 23, 2018
What side, your right or left? Below your ribs? Estimate how long the blade was for me pls.
Right upper middle I say a inch and a half went in

M

Miss clefable

Enlightened
Aug 23, 2018
Feels like it's on fire

S

Shewaitsforme

Arcanist
Sep 23, 2018
In one sense a hot incision site indicates healing but it can also show infection. There is also cold sepsis where the body temp drops rather than rises (it threw me the first time i had a patient with sepsis but low temp) so you dont always get a fever. The would sounds like it needs cleaning properly, the bacteria on the scissors could end up in your blood stream so it is possible to end up septic elsewhere and not the area of injury.

gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
Right upper middle I say a inch and a half went in

Ok. So, maybe around your gall bladder or large intestine. Even if you're fairly thin, you still have about an inch of abdominal wall (give or take), including layers of skin, fat, muscle, and fascia, so my main concern is if you nicked something like your large intestine, that could be bad.

I'm guessing the scissors had a really sharp pointy tip, not a blunt one.

Hard to say, but I think you'd be on your way to sepsis already if you nicked some internal viscera. I think you'd have significant abdominal pain and a fever already.

Probably just superficial, although there's no way I can say that definitively. It needs to be cleaned with betadine and dressed with Neosporin if at all possible; otherwise just keep it clean.

If the redness worsens or extends, if the drainage increases or changes character to green, or if you start to spike a temperature, you need to get seen.

Edit: I bet, now that I've visualized this in my mind, that the blade didn't go in an inch or more; it may have appeared to, because of the way the surrounding skin and fat tented in around it, but I bet you anything you didn't go nearly as deep as you may have thought. Still no guarantees, but realizing this does make me feel a little better, and chances are remote you'd get septic from a superficial wound.

Last edited:
A

Armadillo

Experienced
Oct 24, 2018
I'll add that if it gets worse you should go to a hospital if you can. You don't need to tell them that you stabbed yourself, come up with something like you were walking, you fell down and accidentaly hurt yourself with the scissors.

M

Miss clefable

Enlightened
Aug 23, 2018
Ok. So, maybe around your gall bladder or large intestine. Even if you're fairly thin, you still have about an inch of abdominal wall (give or take), including layers of skin, fat, muscle, and fascia, so my main concern is if you nicked something like your large intestine, that could be bad.

Hard to say, but I think you'd be on your way to sepsis already if you nicked some internal viscera. I think you'd have significant abdominal pain and a fever already.

Probably just superficial, although there's no way I can say that definitively. It needs to be cleaned with betadine and dressed with Neosporin if at all possible; otherwise just keep it clean.

If the redness worsens or extends, if the drainage increases or changes character to green, or if you start to spike a temperature, you need to get seen.
Yes it did have a sharp point and thanks

M

Miss clefable

Enlightened
Aug 23, 2018

Edit: I bet, now that I've visualized this in my mind, that the blade didn't go in an inch or more; it may have appeared to, because of the way the surrounding skin and fat tented in around it, but I bet you anything you didn't go nearly as deep as you may have thought. Still no guarantees, but realizing this does make me feel a little better, and chances are remote you'd get septic from a superficial wound.
Can I be honest

M

Miss clefable

Enlightened
Aug 23, 2018
I'm trying to get sepsis

Reactions: dysfunctional and Deafsn0w
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
Painful I know

Not just pain. If you survive you could lose toes from decreased peripheral perfusion from being on vasopressors to maintain your blood pressure. Just no.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Johnnythefox and About_to_Go
S

Shewaitsforme

Arcanist
Sep 23, 2018
I'm trying to get sepsis

Well i didnt see that coming. If your looking for a long drawn out painful death or a stay in hospital due to multiple organ failure or a chance or being saved with or without longterm damage then ok, your choice i guess but i wouldnt advise it at all. Untill you see sepsis face to face you have no idea how brutal it is to die that way.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, About_to_Go and gingerplum
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
I'm trying to get sepsis

I wish I could reach through my screen and hug you.

I won't say I know how you feel as no one ever knows that but I think everyone here wishes they could just find a way to just not even necessarily die but just be gone and be free from all this endless sodding pain.

So many people want their death to be an accident or something like that so they can just go as it's so damn hard to live and it's so f&£king hard to die sometimes but you don't want to end up needing your legs amputating and being faced with having to cope with that

Xxxxxx

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Dead Meat, bag.of.cats and 3 others
ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
Don't do that please. It is not a good way to go.

M

Miss clefable

Enlightened
Aug 23, 2018
Chest feels strange like a deep coldness but my face is burning

M

Miss clefable

Enlightened
Aug 23, 2018
I wish I could reach through my screen and hug you.

I won't say I know how you feel as no one ever knows that but I think everyone here wishes they could just find a way to just not even necessarily die but just be gone and be free from all this endless sodding pain.

So many people want their death to be an accident or something like that so they can just go as it's so damn hard to live and it's so f&£king hard to die sometimes but you don't want to end up needing your legs amputating and being faced with having to cope with that

Xxxxxx
Hugs

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Dead Meat and therhydler
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
I don't have one :(

Can you get to Superdrug or a pharmacy just get a cheap one? Maybe ask pharmacist to take a quick look at your stomach xxx

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Dead Meat and therhydler
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
@Miss clefable how are you? I'm hoping you're ok xx

Reactions: therhydler, Deafsn0w and Dead Meat