• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

S

slowflame

Apr 26, 2020
From my understanding no, the antiemetic needs to be a dopamine blocker for it to work.

Do you know if hydroxyzine counts as an effective dopamine blocker? Wikipedia describes it as acting "weakly as an antagonist of the serotonin 5-HT2A receptor, the dopamine D2 receptor, and the α1-adrenergic receptor." I ask because I've been unable to find sources of metoclopramide or domperidone, but have found hydroxyzine.

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
Do you know if hydroxyzine counts as an effective dopamine blocker? Wikipedia describes it as acting "weakly as an antagonist of the serotonin 5-HT2A receptor, the dopamine D2 receptor, and the α1-adrenergic receptor." I ask because I've been unable to find sources of metoclopramide or domperidone, but have found hydroxyzine.
I thought about this too as I've already been prescribed hydroxyzine for my panic attacks. Turns out not all dopamine blockers are effective as antiemetics for this sort of reaction.

I'm actually still planning on using the hydroxyzine as part of my routine, though. I'm not able to get a benzo, so I might use it as a sedative to help with the tachycardia I might experience. I'm not entirely positive it will be effective, but I don't think it will hurt.