Oneness

Oneness

The eternal awaits
Oct 23, 2023
I think the world is in a vicious circle of getting worse every year.

1. Birth rates falling rapidly:

crude-birth-rate-in-europe.jpg

This results in a situation where, each year, a diminishing number of workers must bear the financial burden of supporting elderly citizens in retirement. The escalating economic strain exacerbates the birth rate issue, causing more individuals to refrain from having children. Consequently, we find ourselves trapped in a vicious circle that shows no signs of abating and only stands to worsen.

2. The rich getting richer, while average people are not able to acquire any wealth:

fig1_20190826.png

(Household wealth levels by wealth percentile groups)

This trend shows no signs of stopping. The economy is an absurd joke at this point.

3. Mental health issues are on the rise:

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fb6050107-1e63-475a-8ef8-455f3d189b26_972x940.png

So many technological advancements, and yet, our mental health is worse than ever. There is literally no point in advancing any technology if it has zero benefit for our mental wellbeing. The future of humanity seems very bleak.

I could list many more charts that show how the world is doomed, but this post is already long enough. I believe CTB is my only escape from this doomed situation. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 65988, Homo erectus, Moniker and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 65988

I've often paused and wondered why does the world even need the top 1%, hoarding all that wealth but for what, it doesn't make humanity better. I can't help but feel a sense of dread over the future so it's one of my reasons to ctb.

Reactions: myusername890, Homo erectus, Moniker and 2 others
Mirved46

Mirved46

Oct 6, 2023
I believe its doomed as well. I find it extremely hard to believe we are just stuck in this extremely boring world, the goal is just "study, work, marry, raise children, retire, die".
It would be fine if at least humans were nice/kind, but eh, everyone only cares about money and their own satisfaction and that is a fact, lol.
life feels so stupid and pointless when you realize those things

Reactions: Homo erectus, Moniker, Deleted member 65988 and 2 others
D

Deleted member 65988

the goal is just "study, work, marry, raise children, retire, die".
It would be fine if at least humans were nice/kind, but eh, everyone only cares about money and their own satisfaction and that is a fact, lol.
life feels so stupid and pointless when you realize those things
And then add in the fact that much of that money is used for war which causes loss, pain and suffering for those who are very unfortunate to be caught in the middle of competing interests, so much of it driven by greed, violence and the desire for control.

It's even worse when coming from a dysfunctional and fast crumbling 3rd world country, you truly get an appreciation for how bad things are and how they're progressively getting worse, I don't even want to be around in a few years, much less the next few decades because everyone will have to deal with constant power outages for longer periods and sky-high criminal activity that will inconvenience people's way of life and even threaten their very mortal existence.

Reactions: Homo erectus, Oneness and Mirved46
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
This world truly is such a hellish place, I don't believe it could ever be desirable to exist here. To me death certainly is the only relief, I just wish that humans were compassionate not to bring life here in the first place and finally let this species go extinct. Procreation is such a horrible tragedy to me, it's the ultimate cause of all human suffering.

Reactions: Oneness, myusername890 and Homo erectus
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
I've often paused and wondered why does the world even need the top 1%, hoarding all that wealth but for what, it doesn't make humanity better. I can't help but feel a sense of dread over the future so it's one of my reasons to ctb.
Only the 1% are permanent. The 99% are only temporary lives born for post war reconstruction. The war destroyed all their infrastructures, automation, robots and AI. They need people to rebuild them. Once this is done, most people will be redundant.

D

Deleted member 65988

Only the 1% are permanent. The 99% are only temporary lives born for post war reconstruction. The war destroyed all their infrastructures, automation, robots and AI. They need people to rebuild them. Once this is done, most people will be redundant.
So basically tools to be used until they aren't needed anymore, yeah sounds about right.

Reactions: Oneness and Homo erectus