D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Is it an unrealistic fantasy?

Like expecting life ending to wipe away all your ills? I suppose it depends whether you believe death is the end or not. Unfortunately my experience of life leads me to think that there is no magical solution.

The truth is we all die and the vast majority of us die slowly and in pain and anguish. We just don't hear about it. 'Jim died peacefully in his sleep'. Yeah, right, more like you found him looking peaceful the morning after he'd had a massive heart attack and been gasping for breath for hours before suffocating. Is it just an unrealistic fantasy to expect a good death by euthanasia?

If only that Peaceful Pill really existed...

Reactions: akosineenee, bag.of.cats and Trashcan
M

medusa

Student
Sep 1, 2018
Is it an unrealistic fantasy?

Like expecting life ending to wipe away all your ills? I suppose it depends whether you believe death is the end or not. Unfortunately my experience of life leads me to think that there is no magical solution.

The truth is we all die and the vast majority of us die slowly and in pain and anguish. We just don't hear about it. 'Jim died peacefully in his sleep'. Yeah, right, more like you found him looking peaceful the morning after he'd had a massive heart attack and been gasping for breath for hours before suffocating. Is it just an unrealistic fantasy to expect a good death by euthanasia?

If only that Peaceful Pill really existed...

Suicide is only a fantasy if you make it so. If you REALLY want to die and nothing in the world can help you and you have tried everything, it is all right to want this.
Death is never good, nor peaceful. It is almost always alone,painful and scary. Being born is also painful, lonely and scary and so it comes to a full circle.
The only really good death is probably with Nembutal in the hands of your accepting loved ones. But who has that.

Reactions: Morning Angel, Iwant2sleepforever, Maravillosa and 4 others
Justanotherconsumer

Justanotherconsumer

Paragon
Jul 9, 2018
Having nearly died alone in subfreezing weather on a sidewalk at night, nature is a cruel son of a bitch and cares nothing of us, much better to have the death of your choice in the surroundings that are comfortable for you, then have some random death. The peaceful pill does exist its called nembutal and govt. Has made it illegal. I can go and put my dog down at any time for any reason, yet we as human beings are denied the peaceful death that they give to dogs. People that are suffering in hospitals of terminal disease are left to suffer till they die, even in states that allow euthanasia its a 6 month red tape process. And this care requires $$$ 3K for the meds to end your life alone.

Reactions: Jaded, akosineenee, Iwant2sleepforever and 5 others
D

DeletedUser4739

Having nearly died alone in subfreezing weather on a sidewalk at night, nature is a cruel son of a bitch and cares nothing of us, much better to have the death of your choice in the surroundings that are comfortable for you, then have some random death. The peaceful pill does exist its called nembutal and govt. Has made it illegal. I can go and put my dog down at any time for any reason, yet we as human beings are denied the peaceful death that they give to dogs. People that are suffering in hospitals of terminal disease are left to suffer till they die, even in states that allow euthanasia its a 6 month red tape process. And this care requires $$$ 3K for the meds to end your life alone.
very well stated. I like your perspective.

Reactions: Justanotherconsumer
D

dreamofme

Sep 10, 2018
However painful or peaceful, when it's done you won't remember it Just like birth. Weather you think it all goes black or there's something after, it's the act and familiarity of life that stops most (until they have no choice). So yeah not a fantasy depending on who or where are at in life I think.

Reactions: DeletedUser4739 and Maravillosa
Deadinside24

Deadinside24

Experienced
Aug 7, 2018
Oh god I hope it's not a fantasy. That's just cruel to contemplate.