• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
Needs and necessities even when they are satisfied all he obtains is a state of painlessness
having needs is a natural (default) property of ours, are we simply burdened to suffer while
getting relief from this suffering by fulfilling those needs

I do think that human beings remember/recall their negative experiences and memories
more often than their positive ones but that just makes me think that our mind is designed to makes us suffer more
Our minds are more inclined to replay bad experiences so that we can learn from our mistakes and not repeat them.

• Love
Reactions: divinemistress36, sserafim, ARW3N and 6 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
Yes and I suffer simply from being conscious and aware. To have the ability to exist truly is such a burden, I just wish for eternal nothingness.

Reactions: MapleSyrupVein, Vicolo cieco, ijustwishtodie and 2 others
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
No I don't think so, I had a lot of good years in early life until the depression hit.

For people without depression I don't think they see suffering like we do.

Even now I have rare good days but they get less and less over time. More often than not its hard to get out of bed.

• Hugs
Reactions: iloverachel
Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
No I don't think so, I had a lot of good years in early life until the depression hit.

For people without depression I don't think they see suffering like we do.

Even now I have rare good days but they get less and less over time. More often than not its hard to get out of bed.
if one does nothing at all, suffering will prevail. And this is the tragedy of life. Suffering is the default state. We start with the certainty of suffering, and spend every day of lives locked in a perpetual race against it. But most of the sheep are too blind to see this. And even if they momentarily glimsed this truth, it would only be fervently denied so as to maintain the fabricated belief that life is intrinsically good.

Reactions: divinemistress36, sserafim, _Minsk and 3 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I believe that suffering is the default state. There's lots of suffering present because of limited resources. More than one organism in the same area creates competition. If enough organisms are in the same area at the same time, that creates a dog eat dog world type of situation where the best thrive and the weak suffer and fail. For the best to thrive, there has to be a lot of suffering present for that to happen. Not to mention, evolution works really well if suffering is present as that causes organisms to be careful and live long enough to procreate. Happiness is merely a by product of our biological needs being satisfied. Not to mention, a lot of what humans do is done to try and alleviate a potential future suffering of greater magnitude

Suffering definitely is the default state unfortunately

Reactions: sserafim, Vicolo cieco and Darkover
3/4Dead

3/4Dead

This Body Needs An Overhaul
Feb 27, 2024
I think so, yeah. I mean, look to happy people who are in their 40s, 50s, they've just made peace with the suffering, finding things that try to even the scale. Life sucks for everyone, regardless. Living is more or less to choose to spend years fighting suffering.

As far as our memories go I would like to add that I think we just recall them because pain is a much stronger emotion that happiness or anything else pleasant. I remember my worst injury but not my best orgasm *shrug* thats just the way brains work. Think about other animals, its hard to build their trust but so easy to break it.

Reactions: Darkover
Vicolo cieco

Vicolo cieco

Student
May 14, 2024
Needs and necessities even when they are satisfied all he obtains is a state of painlessness
having needs is a natural (default) property of ours, are we simply burdened to suffer while
Moreover, all the factors necessary to satisfy the needs that life itself imposes on us are totally or largely outside of our control: physical appearance determines sexual success; character determines social success; the place of birth and the socioeconomic status of one's family determine the enjoyment of material resources; IQ determines the ability to excel in studies and therefore the likelihood of improving one's social standing; the possibility of working to earn a living depends on the employer's willingness to hire or the customer's willingness to buy. All that without considering physical and mental health issues, as well as the impact of wars, natural disasters, financial crises and other calamities.

Reactions: sserafim and Darkover
ARW3N

ARW3N

Melancholia
Dec 25, 2019
Buddha said that life is suffering and I've found nothing in life over the years to change that pessimistic perspective.

Reactions: divinemistress36, sserafim and Darkover
MapleSyrupVein

MapleSyrupVein

Flower One
May 26, 2024

I do think that human beings remember/recall their negative experiences and memories
more often than their positive ones but that just makes me think that our mind is designed to makes us suffer more
Our minds are more inclined to replay bad experiences so that we can learn from our mistakes and not repeat them.
i felt fine until i "woke" up and now im so self aware of everything i feel so disconnected from how everyone slots into society so well? i feel like no matter my attempts to fit in there's like a disconnect. always.

Reactions: sserafim, DepressedDude and Darkover