D

delayedcactus

Nov 27, 2023
Is SN fast acting? How long before you go unconscious? I know this will be different for everyone but what is the typical time range till you lose consciousness? I guess at that point you won't feel any pain right?

Reactions: Lost cherry
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
I think average is around 25 minutes, which can be accelerated with benzodiazepines. In any case as such it will require a lot of mental preparation.

Reactions: delayedcactus
hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
it's estimated to be around 10-40 minutes. 40 minutes until your completely dead (according to the ppeh). I've seen reports of unconsciousness as soon as 10 minutes though, usually symptoms start coming pretty soon after ingestion. to answer your question though yes it's considered to be pretty fast acting. and no once your unconscious you won't feel pain, you'll just be completely free.

D

delayedcactus

Nov 27, 2023
I think average is around 25 minutes, which can be accelerated with benzodiazepines. In any case as such it will require a lot of mental preparation.
True. The benzos should help with potential panic attacks right? I don't want to start crying hysterically and hit the panic button after ingestion (ie. call EMS)

T

tiredone

Tired one
Dec 12, 2022
Well, i just took benzos and will drink my first cup in about 5 mins. I will try to update on my thread for as long as possible.

Reactions: SVEN
M

murun_b

Aug 5, 2023
I think it also depends on how much you take, basically on how fast you get sufficient levels of it it in your blood. That's why the recommended dose is 25g, which is about 10 times the lethal dose. But increasing the amount you take also leads to an increased risk of vomiting. Idk, one of the things that makes me anxious when thinking about SN suicide is the number of variables involved.

Oh, and regarding the use of benzos to speed up the process of losing consciousness. Does anyone know if overdosing on Zolpidem would also do the job if I can't get my hands on more benzos (I don't have enough to OD on)?

Last edited:
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
D

delayedcactus

Nov 27, 2023
I think it also depends on how much you take, basically on how fast you get sufficient levels of it it in your blood. That's why the recommended dose is 25g, which is about 10 times the lethal dose. But increasing the amount you take also leads to an increased risk of vomiting. Idk, one of the things that makes me anxious when thinking about SN suicide is the number of variables involved.

Oh, and regarding the use of benzos to speed up the process of losing consciousness. Does anyone know if overdosing on Zolpidem would also do the job if I can't get my hands on more benzos (I don't have enough to OD on)?
Regarding the variables involved, I'm aware that metabolism will play into how quickly it works as well and possibly affect the amount you need. I have a very fast metabolism, does this mean I would need to take more than 25g?

D

Deleted member 65988

Regarding the variables involved, I'm aware that metabolism will play into how quickly it works as well and possibly affect the amount you need. I have a very fast metabolism, does this mean I would need to take more than 25g?
No, you don't need anything more than 25g. That amount alone should be more than enough

D

delayedcactus

Nov 27, 2023
I've seen 3 different pills floating around, each to help with a different purpose in preparation for the SN. Acetaminophen, benzodiazepine and antiemetic. Question is, do you take all 3 at once? And are they effective on an empty stomach? I haven't done my own research on this yet - just curious because I know you're supposed to fast for 5-8 hours prior to SN but also wondering if the pills will work at their maximum potency without food in your gut.

Unwr!tten

Unwr!tten

Saltier than SN
Apr 10, 2023
I've seen 3 different pills floating around, each to help with a different purpose in preparation for the SN. Acetaminophen, benzodiazepine and antiemetic. Question is, do you take all 3 at once? And are they effective on an empty stomach? I haven't done my own research on this yet - just curious because I know you're supposed to fast for 5-8 hours prior to SN but also wondering if the pills will work at their maximum potency without food in your gut.
Read Stan's Guide of SN Bible and follow those. Do research.

Reactions: delayedcactus