M

Mbound

Experienced
Apr 29, 2019
I'm ctbing very soon and made my will today, but was wondering if it retains any validity even without any witness signatures?

W

wendydong1

Experienced
Jul 31, 2019
Not sure. But what state are you in? I am doing one with a lawyer, I can ask him about it

Reactions: Mbound
Not_Quite_Dead_Yet

Not_Quite_Dead_Yet

Student
Oct 27, 2018
I'm ctbing very soon and made my will today, but was wondering if it retains any validity even without any witness signatures?

Check this website that has state by state requirements.

Hangman100

Hangman100

Jun 3, 2019
I don't know about your state but if you dont have witness signautres it is known as a "holographic will" so google your state/country and holographic will, and it should point you in the right direction.

Reactions: Etherealdignity333 and Mbound
Etherealdignity333

Etherealdignity333

Ad Astra
Jul 21, 2019
I don't know about your state but if you dont have witness signautres it is known as a "holographic will" so google your state/country and holographic will, and it should point you in the right direction.

This

Roger

Roger

I Liked Ike
May 11, 2019
This is a prime example of why it would be so helpful if all contributors would include their country or state in their profile.
If you can't manage that, maybe your UTC timezone

Etherealdignity333

Etherealdignity333

Ad Astra
Jul 21, 2019
This is a prime example of why it would be so helpful if all contributors would include their country or state in their profile.
I would never want my location included in my profile.

Reactions: lifeisbutadream and Mbound
O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
Honestly just go to a notary or your country's equivalent, and have it officially stamped to avoid any possible holographic will complications. Better safe than sorry.. I did that and their workers witnessed it. They don't need to read it if its private...just validate its YOU signing it via ID etc. Its usually very cheap or even free at some banks and offices you are members of.

M

Mbound

Experienced
Apr 29, 2019
Honestly just go to a notary or your country's equivalent, and have it officially stamped to avoid any possible holographic will complications. Better safe than sorry.. I did that and their workers witnessed it. They don't need to read it if its private...just validate its YOU signing it via ID etc. Its usually very cheap or even free at some banks and offices you are members of.

That is good to know, thank you. I'm going to look into that. I always assumed the witness had to be like, a relative or friend or something.

I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that..I'm already incredibly worried about being raided by LE

Last edited:
Reactions: oopswronglife