• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

S

Schmopo

Mar 5, 2024
I was going to post this in the megathread but my account is too new to have a search function.
Given SN is difficult to obtain, I have two tanks of N and awaiting a dual regulator to output 25L/min. Would using two tanks at the same time cause more issues than just using one tank? My concerns are I have used one tank but don't know how much there is left. I custom made a shopping bag as the 'helmet' but I don't know if that's sufficient. Last thing I wanna do is cause more damage or become a vegetable and have zero choice in CTB because loved ones want me around, regardless of what state I'm in.

• Hugs
Reactions: thewalkingdread
SomewhatLoved

SomewhatLoved

Bringing out the Dead and Searching for the Living
Apr 12, 2023
I have two tanks of N and awaiting a dual regulator to output 25L/min. Would using two tanks at the same time cause more issues than just using one tank?
I would say just use one tank. A non-rebreather mask with an attached resevoir bag at 15lpm (liters per minute) will output 100% concentrated gas, there is really no reason to use over 15lpm unless you do not have a resevoir bag or if you are doing something called the "blow-by" method for oxygen therapy (this is what I was taught about gas apparatuses in a healthcare program). If you want to see a demonstration of using a non-rebreather mask with a reservoir bag, this video I found on youtube seems to basically say the same things I was taught.

My concerns are I have used one tank but don't know how much there is left
Oxygen cylinders come in standardized sizes and given the size and current pressure of the tank, it is possible to calculate how long flow will last. Nitrogen tanks seem to have different standards and measurements than oxygen tanks, so I don't think the same formulas will work. However, if you search up "nitrogen flow duration formula", or similar things, you will probably be able to find information regarding what you are looking for.

I custom made a shopping bag as the 'helmet' but I don't know if that's sufficient
If you can, I recommend trying to get a non-rebreather mask with a reservoir bag. It will almost definitely come with straps that you can put around your head to secure it in place, and as said earlier, it can deliver 100% concentrated gas. If you make sure the mask is sealed and properly secured to your face, it will deliver concentrated gas and have a hard time becoming dislodged, especially if you are sitting, laying down, or in a position which you cannot fall from when you attempt.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
These threads contain lots of additional info:

When you have a few more posts search u can use the search.

Reactions: Schmopo
Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Student
Feb 3, 2024
I was going to post this in the megathread but my account is too new to have a search function.
Given SN is difficult to obtain, I have two tanks of N and awaiting a dual regulator to output 25L/min. Would using two tanks at the same time cause more issues than just using one tank? My concerns are I have used one tank but don't know how much there is left. I custom made a shopping bag as the 'helmet' but I don't know if that's sufficient. Last thing I wanna do is cause more damage or become a vegetable and have zero choice in CTB because loved ones want me around, regardless of what state I'm in.
How big are the tanks, either uncompressed or what volume and pressure?

Regarding your helmet I would recommend something with a thicker plastic then a shopping bag, but if it can hold air and don't leak it could work. Look at the megatread most use large size turkey oven bag.
If you can, I recommend trying to get a non-rebreather mask with a reservoir bag. It will almost definitely come with straps that you can put around your head to secure it in place, and as said earlier, it can deliver 100% concentrated gas. If you make sure the mask is sealed and properly secured to your face, it will deliver concentrated gas and have a hard time becoming dislodged, especially if you are sitting, laying down, or in a position which you cannot fall from when you attempt.

Any special reason you recommend this setup with an rebreather mask? These mask have been discussed before both in the megatread and on pph which both coming to the conclusion to not recommend these since it does not give a satisfactory seal to the face comprising the inert gas concentration.

I'm not saying it's not possible, a Swiss right to die clinic tried this very method with a mask, all trough successful the air gap rended one of the participants taking 37 min to take her final breath and dying. The other participants faired more success and worked without flaws. The rebreather mask is a successful method but the air gaps renders it not to that secure of a method. As it's possible to survive the ctb attempt if the gas cylinder runs out midways before death occurs but brain damage has already set.

IMG 1221

IMG 1226

IMG 1227
IMG 1228

Justnotme

Justnotme

Mar 7, 2022
I'm a little confused..

We also leave a small gap in a regular bag, but the flow of inert gas still removes all oxygen.

Why then can there be problems with the mask if the mask essentially forms gaps of the same size as the bag, if the mask does not fit tightly?
After all, the gas flow must still remove oxygen in this way

Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Student
Feb 3, 2024
I'm a little confused..

We also leave a small gap in a regular bag, but the flow of inert gas still removes all oxygen.

Why then can there be problems with the mask if the mask essentially forms gaps of the same size as the bag, if the mask does not fit tightly?
After all, the gas flow must still remove oxygen in this way

That's because there is no overpressure inside the mask keeping the outside air from entering the mask. When breathing with a rebreather mask, the pressure lowers at each breath sucks outsides air even from the tiniest crack and compromising the inert gas environment.

When using an exit bag you breathe inside a nitrogen filled environment, with the rebreather you breathe from a nitrogen filled environment. This difference makes the method vulnerable to outside air entering the mask, if you could stop the air from entering it is viable option but a different mask would be required.

Justnotme

Justnotme

Mar 7, 2022
That's because there is no overpressure inside the mask keeping the outside air from entering the mask. When breathing with a rebreather mask, the pressure lowers at each breath sucks outsides air even from the tiniest crack and compromising the inert gas environment.

When using an exit bag you breathe inside a nitrogen filled environment, with the rebreather you breathe from a nitrogen filled environment. This difference makes the method vulnerable to outside air entering the mask, if you could stop the air from entering it is viable option but a different mask would be required.
Thank you very much for the reply. My tired brain has not been thinking for a long time

Reactions: Kapsyl
S

Schmopo

Mar 5, 2024
I would say just use one tank. A non-rebreather mask with an attached resevoir bag at 15lpm (liters per minute) will output 100% concentrated gas, there is really no reason to use over 15lpm unless you do not have a resevoir bag or if you are doing something called the "blow-by" method for oxygen therapy (this is what I was taught about gas apparatuses in a healthcare program). If you want to see a demonstration of using a non-rebreather mask with a reservoir bag, this video I found on youtube seems to basically say the same things I was taught.

Oxygen cylinders come in standardized sizes and given the size and current pressure of the tank, it is possible to calculate how long flow will last. Nitrogen tanks seem to have different standards and measurements than oxygen tanks, so I don't think the same formulas will work. However, if you search up "nitrogen flow duration formula", or similar things, you will probably be able to find information regarding what you are looking for.

A non-rebreather mask would be very ideal for convenience and price but as Kapsyl mentioned below, it doesn't seem too effective sadly. :(
These threads contain lots of additional info:

When you have a few more posts search u can use the search.
I'll check these out, thanks!

Who knew I'd have to learn extensive information about pressure, calculations and science just to CTB? :P

Reactions: Praestat_Mori