• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Should we embrace the suffering and become one with it?

David goggins "Get comfortable with being uncomfortable."

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36, Forever Sleep and Hotsackage
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
I think ignorance and dissociation is the key to existence.

Reactions: divinemistress36, sserafim, ConfusedClouds and 2 others
PetrichorBirth

PetrichorBirth

Student
Mar 5, 2024
I wrote a little text where i explored that question (amongst others), if you're interested : https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/a-little-vent-essay-about-suffering-and-life.162566/

Embracing suffering is definitely one of the ways that one could deal with life. As @Abyssal said, ignorance is also a big one. Most people simply ignore the true extent of suffering that is happening around them, and as a result can have more peace in their minds.

If you develop some kind of masochism, it does seem like you can live your life in a good way... i mean, most things that hold us back, are the result of either a fear of some kind of pain, or some pain that currently exists. If we love that, and don't mind everything that comes along with the pain, you're basically completely relaxed lol (Of course death is the ultimate stop, but i mean in a more metaphorical way).

Reactions: Abyssal and ijustwishtodie
unnecessary

unnecessary

Das Leben macht ohne Musik keinen Sinn
Apr 25, 2024
If living is suffering, in a way, wanting to live a long time is a kind of masochism, but at the same time I don't think it's totally right, we also live to find positive states that depend a lot on our mental states, there are people who are moved by singing dos birds and thinks life is beautiful, I can see hell in nature and some beautiful things. We have a reality escape mechanism that makes us happy, playing games, practicing a hobby, having good friendships makes life more bearable... I think

H

Hotsackage

Elementalist
Mar 11, 2019
That's what meditation is for, to transcend it, or go with the flow to say. Kind of hard tho, when you're in constant agony

Reactions: divinemistress36 and Ambivalent1
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I think that the answer to living life is by being ignorant. Hence why whenever people point out any realistic fact about life which isn't a positive fact, they'll reply with "you're just being too negative!" and then they'll just proceed to ignore you. They ignore, or at least try to ignore, anything in life that doesn't align with their ignorance. It's harder to be ignorant about life if you suffered a lot or if you have a different neurotype from the norm

Reactions: sserafim, Ambivalent1 and 4am