• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Life has always been perceived as the greatest gift on earth. But the are many in this world who see it as a curse. In my experience I see life as an ugly curse disguised as a beautiful blessing. You're sent here to be tested and suffer enormous amounts of pain and grief until you finally get that sweet relief of death. Happiness and love are the biggest lies told, it seems like they are fairy tales that help children go to sleep. Is it truly a gift when you have no say in if you want to be born or not? When I was 18 years old I realised there's absolutely no meaning to life. You have to find your own meaning and yet 19 years later I'm still struggling to find meaning. I've always felt like I was a mistake and I should've been aborted or something along those lines. What's the point in living when you've never felt like you've belonged anywhere. It's like being a piece of puzzle that doesn't fit into any picture and no matter how hard it tries it can't seem to fit anywhere. If you've finished a puzzle and there were extra pieces that didn't belong wouldn't you discard them? Whether it's family or any group of friends I've felt like I don't make any difference or impact like things would continue on regardless of wether I existed or not. I could be in a room full of people and still feel like the loneliest person in the world.

It's definitely not some wonderful gift but neither is it a test and I don't think we're 'sent'. We're all here by chance and none of us asked to be born. Some get lucky, a lot don't. For many, and I include all forms of life, it's a fairly miserable and difficult existence at best.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 31858, Andrew10, queserraserra and 10 others
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Yeah, we're supposed to believe there are 8.2 billion "gifts" walking around the planet right now 😂😂😂. It's a gift for about 200 million of us. The other 8 billion of us are fucking cursed pieces of shit for sure.

Reactions: Andrew10, sserafim, pthnrdnojvsc and 7 others
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
I want to say it's all pointless and life is meaningless blah blah nihilism but this got me thinking. What if we do serve some purpose to something we don't know? I'm a little tired and weird but maybe we are just part of another cycle idk.

Reactions: sserafim, Darkover, rozeske and 1 other person
F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
Life sucks!

Reactions: sserafim, pthnrdnojvsc, myusername890 and 2 others
B

boblong

Student
Mar 15, 2023
Depends on the situation you're in . If you are the heir to a millionaire then life is a miracle . On the other hand , being born to a poor family makes you feel life is a pile of crap.

Reactions: sserafim, GreenGlassDoor, myusername890 and 3 others
PrisonPlanetBreak

PrisonPlanetBreak

Oct 22, 2023
Life is neither a gift, nor a curse in my opinion. It is an accident. By pure chance we were unlucky enough that our sun turned out to be a yellow dwarf and that this piece of rock we call Earth formed in the habitable zone around it, then got kicked in the gut by a meteorite which led to a piece breaking off to form the moon. And that shit was enough to set up the stage for life to form over the course of billions of years. Stars like our own account for 7% of the stars in the galaxy.

But who knows... maybe I'm just rambling and if it weren't for our sun, we'd simply be in a different part of the Milky Way, living out the exact same shit.... After all, the closest sun-like star is 4.3ly away, in Alpha Centauri. So if we weren't born to suffer here, we could just be born slightly offset in the same spiral arm of our galaxy.​

Reactions: MatrixPrisoner, sserafim, GreenGlassDoor and 1 other person
TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
It's slavery.

You come here without choice and are forced to partake in it, you get no choices and basically submit to randomness.

In order to survive you must consume, plants or flesh ect, then you procreate.

Death comes and it mostly is agonising and brutal.

Reactions: Andrew10, sserafim, sadandlonely99 and 5 others
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
It depends on who you are. Some are lucky enough to live a life with little to no struggle. They are meant to enjoy their love and happiness filled life never having known how life can be cruel. The rest unfortunate ones are unlucky enough to live in struggles until we finally get the sweet release of death. But i belive there is a reason why we are given the life we have and i believe we are all here for a purpose. F*ck if i know what that reason or purpose is but looks like I will soon find out.

Reactions: sserafim, divinemistress36 and Darkover
BlackBlood6

BlackBlood6

-
Dec 7, 2023
Depends on the situation you're in . If you are the heir to a millionaire then life is a miracle . On the other hand , being born to a poor family makes you feel life is a pile of crap.
If you're a millionaire you can just get away with more evil shit like Jeffrey Epstein. Or neglect literally everyone and hoard everything to yourself.

I guess i'd say both. I'd be lying if I didn't say at one point in time I was happy and glad to be here. Hands down more days then not I didn't though and that sucks. Oh well.

Reactions: Darkover
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
A gift may always be refused, I have no recollection of being offered that choice.

Reactions: worthIess, M1sT, sserafim and 6 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
It depends on who you are. I've known and still know people who are grateful for life and see it as a gift- despite it not always being easy for them.

If it's a curse though- who cursed you? That seems to imply intent. We don't know whether there is a God. We do know our parents brought us here but I doubt many did it with the intention of our lives turning out badly.

I think it's simply like the title of that book: 'A Series of Unfortunate Events'. I guess some people's lives just have more unfortunate events than others!

I'm sure a lot of us do experience self awareness/ consciousness as a curse but it isn't all one thing or the other when it's so subjective.

Reactions: sserafim, Neverfeltdeader and Darkover
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I see the existence of life as the most horrific tragedy, existence itself is simply an unnecessary harm and it disturbs me how humans continue to selfishly and so harmfully impose existence creating so much meaningless suffering as a result. Existence is the true problem and could never be a desirable state to me, to have the ability to exist is something so incredibly burdensome.

No matter what I'd always see it as better to not exist than to exist as a conscious being who has the ability to suffer endlessly in this futile existence that is destined for nothing but to deteriorate and decay. Imposing existence is a crime to me as it's something that causes immense harm, I'd see it as insulting to label the curse that is existence as a "gift", it's horrifying how humans have to suffer so much all because others were selfish enough to procreate.

Reactions: sserafim, GreenGlassDoor, Immensevoid and 1 other person

wound-up
Jan 20, 2024
i'm inclined to believe life itself is a neutral thing. we as humans are simply just animals all the same, we're hard wired to continue our bloodlines and keep the population high. the complexity of our species is what brings us joy, hope, despair, depression, etc... there is a reason only animals on the higher end of the intelligence scale will actively end their own lives.
for this reason i wouldn't say life is a gift, but i also wouldn't say life is a curse. it is simply just a state of being you can be in. it's our own painfully developed self-awareness that leads to the desire to assign such morality to existing.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, divinemistress36, Labyrinth and 1 other person
H

hopeless08

Arcanist
Dec 8, 2023
Life has always been perceived as the greatest gift on earth. But the are many in this world who see it as a curse. In my experience I see life as an ugly curse disguised as a beautiful blessing. You're sent here to be tested and suffer enormous amounts of pain and grief until you finally get that sweet relief of death. Happiness and love are the biggest lies told, it seems like they are fairy tales that help children go to sleep. Is it truly a gift when you have no say in if you want to be born or not? When I was 18 years old I realised there's absolutely no meaning to life. You have to find your own meaning and yet 19 years later I'm still struggling to find meaning. I've always felt like I was a mistake and I should've been aborted or something along those lines. What's the point in living when you've never felt like you've belonged anywhere. It's like being a piece of puzzle that doesn't fit into any picture and no matter how hard it tries it can't seem to fit anywhere. If you've finished a puzzle and there were extra pieces that didn't belong wouldn't you discard them? Whether it's family or any group of friends I've felt like I don't make any difference or impact like things would continue on regardless of wether I existed or not. I could be in a room full of people and still feel like the loneliest person in the world.

It's definitely not some wonderful gift but neither is it a test and I don't think we're 'sent'. We're all here by chance and none of us asked to be born. Some get lucky, a lot don't. For many, and I include all forms of life, it's a fairly miserable and difficult existence at best.
It's the biggest curse the universe places on you…. Pure torture!!!!!

Reactions: divinemistress36, sserafim and Darkover
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I think life is a gift, most people seem to enjoy it and appreciate it, even though its very short.

I have had periods enjoying life too so I guess I can see both sides.

I just see it like if we don't like it, no one is forcing us to be here. Everyone has access to a rope. Sounds callous but it's my reality.

inneedrelief

inneedrelief

Student
Jan 15, 2024
It's both. I think knowing the meaning gives you a better understanding. I would say I know the meaning. But with all this torture I go through, it's unbearable and I don't want to continue in it. And if taking myself out brings me to something worse, then I'd say that's pretty unmerciful. I look around me and I know a lot of people that don't have it worse like me and they get to live the rest of their life fine. So if it's fair judgement I think i will be ok. If I'm going against the one who wants me here. Then that's bad. But my life is bad. Both are bad. Why waste my time??? I've tried everything I can and able to. And I guess I have to wait more and deal with torture in the process. Idk

Reactions: divinemistress36
wastingpotential

wastingpotential

drowning, always.
Feb 8, 2023
Depends who you're asking. Some people get everything handed on a silver platter and others have to beg for scraps lol

Reactions: divinemistress36
Labyrinth

Labyrinth

There is no escaping the burden of existence
Jan 8, 2024
Se

Your comment was stupendous, there are many questionable statements, but it was quite enlightening.
I want to say it's all pointless and life is meaningless blah blah nihilism but this got me thinking. What if we do serve some purpose to something we don't know? I'm a little tired and weird but maybe we are just part of another cycle idk.
It is wrong to reduce cosmology to anthropocentrism. I agree with you that there are principles that transcend perennial existence.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Life is a curse, but people want you to think that it's a gift. My parents (especially my dad) think that I should be grateful for being here and that I was given this "gift" of life. Why should I be grateful for this existence? It's only brought me immense pain and suffering. If life is a gift, it's a gift I never wanted in the first place, and one that I didn't even get to consent to receiving. If I had a choice, I would have never accepted it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 31858, pthnrdnojvsc and divinemistress36
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
I think life is a gift, most people seem to enjoy it and appreciate it, even though its very short.

I have had periods enjoying life too so I guess I can see both sides.

I just see it like if we don't like it, no one is forcing us to be here. Everyone has access to a rope. Sounds callous but it's my reality.
Have you ever even tried to ctb?

queserraserra

queserraserra

Feb 8, 2024
Personally, i think life is a blessing & a curse. I believe in reincarnation, & that depending on the way you lived your life before is gonna help create your destined life after. For example, good karma & bad karma but as credits ( like coins you earn, if that makes sense ). If you have more good karma credits than bad, you will live a better life after. If you have more bad then good, you will live a shitty one as a lesson. ( what you put out in the universe will come back ). Might sound crazy & might not make much sense lol sorry if so, but its some of what i believe.

Reactions: sserafim
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
Both- depending who you talk to. Mine is 50/50

intr0verse

intr0verse

Experienced
Jan 29, 2021
I would say life is just millions upon millions of chemical reactions, some of which leads to what we call consciousness.

Reactions: divinemistress36, sserafim and pthnrdnojvsc
Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
It's a cursed gift... a poisoned chalice....

A nice looking pie, but when you try to take a bite, it just gets smashed in your face like a cruel practical joke! :notsure:

Reactions: sserafim