wezel

wezel

Experienced
Aug 14, 2018
Not weird at all.

Life can be - with all its ups and downs - interesting and fulfilling, given that one is not stuck in circumstances that have ruined such a possibility for good, like a terminal or permanent illness ( e.g. that takes away your personality like MS or Alzheimer or terminal cancer, chronic and near impossible treatable pain, severe mental issues etc ).
In other cases, when you reach a certain age and have lost all your bearings ( job, partner, health ) a return to something
acceptable ( and the benchmark for that everybody has to define for themselves ) can be also be factually impossible.
Then ctb can be a rational decision.
It can also be quite a mistake, over a temporary calamity.

CTB has all the elements of a tragedy:
either you suffer like an animal and the only way to finish the suffering is to ctb, or your perception is so badly impaired that you kill yourself over something that could have been actually fixed.

But in the end it all comes down to personal circumstances and how the individual perceives those.
We can never know how the other person really feels, what he/she is going through.
Eg a 'temporary problem' such as the breaking up of a relationship can be extremely devastating for some.
Outsiders have little right to judge or decide how a person has to 'feel' in such circumstances.
On a related note I am generally astonished about today's lack of empathy on a simple person to person level on the one hand,
and -- probably somehow connected -- the social isolation many of us have to endure.
It often finishes people off who might have managed otherwise to get through a crisis.
If human beings are trapped in hopelessness then suicide is indeed an option, as it stops senseless and indefinite suffering.
Suicide can be liberating and humane at its best, but -- in all fairness --also premature and not thought through at its worst.

All of those who cbt deserve our respect, empathy and support, in whatever way, as they are fellow human beings who are quite obviously suffering most severely. The last thing we need is being preached at from high moral horses or have our miseries belittled.

End of rant.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mari, lv-gras and nzdarkshark
S

Speedhax

Aug 29, 2018
I don't want to die but I have no choice. You don't fault a terminal cancer patient when they ctb so why not me?

Reactions: Ssname and Miss clefable
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
I think that is normal. No one is happy about having to kill themselves......we all just want the pain to stop. I know I am incredibly sad about it, because I truly do not want to die at all..........but I have no choice. I simply have to. It makes me so sad that I can't even put it in words. But I am also happy and excited to finally find peace.

Reactions: betteroffdead, Miss clefable and MEoDP