• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

EtterathButterfly

EtterathButterfly

“Have I won? Has a new me been reborn?”
Dec 31, 2023
A year ago from now, I found an old x acto knife. At the time, the blade had black sticky stuff on it, so I cleaned it. A week ago, I found it again, so I tried to soak it in hand sanitizer before I left to go out the house. I came back at around 4 pm, and found out the blade rusted.
So I went downstairs and tried to clean it with apple* vinegar mixed with baking soda (I didn't have regular vinegar)
I got most of the rust off, so I boiled water and put the blade in.
After scrubbing more baking soda into the blade, I manually sharpened it with a knife sharpener (this is the part I am worried about, because the metal is exposed and idk if I will still get tetanus).
I dried it and went upstairs then put the blade part in a water and baking soda mixture.
I came back the next day and washed the baking soda off, dried it, then covered the blade in Vaseline (petroleum jelly) to store it.

So is it still okay to cut with this? I'm genuinely sorry if this is too much because I can't go out to buy replacement blades or anything because I would most likely be questioned why I bought x acto 11 blades.

meowmix

meowmix

"Welcome home!"
Feb 4, 2024
hmmm... personally, i would get a new blade. i'm way too paranoid to use a used blade even if i've cleaned it to heaven's standards. i recommend buying a new blade. doesn't have to be an x acto. you could buy a new sharpener (that isnt rusty, would be great if its the kind where its in a container.) clean it with alcohol, wipe it with a sanitized wet wipe and also clean the spot ur gonna cut first before cutting.

if the blade shows even the tiniest sense of dirt like rust or some dust on it, i'm immediately throwing it out lol.

• Informative
Reactions: Life_and_Death
VampQueen

VampQueen

InuYasha
Feb 6, 2024
I don't think your gunna have much trouble buying more blades. I wouldn't use that blade. I know you spent a lot of time on it but safe than sorry. Seriously, buy new blades. No one is going to care why ur buying them

Reactions: meowmix
EtterathButterfly

EtterathButterfly

“Have I won? Has a new me been reborn?”
Dec 31, 2023
hmmm... personally, i would get a new blade. i'm way too paranoid to use a used blade even if i've cleaned it to heaven's standards. i recommend buying a new blade. doesn't have to be an x acto. you could buy a new sharpener (that isnt rusty, would be great if its the kind where its in a container.) clean it with alcohol, wipe it with a sanitized wet wipe and also clean the spot ur gonna cut first before cutting.

if the blade shows even the tiniest sense of dirt like rust or some dust on it, i'm immediately throwing it out lol.
The sharpener isn't rusty, we got it about two months ago and rarely use it.
The plan was to just switch back to using the blades I normally use since I genuinely can't buy new blades
What I meant about the tetanus part is because I'm sharpening the blade, the metal part gets exposed and I cut in the shower so I'm worried the blade will oxidize or something.