• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Do you think that it's possible to truly escape society? I was once debating this with someone and he said that every society creates deviants but those deviants are just as part of society as everyone else. Is true escape impossible then, even though people have dreamed of it?

Last edited:
VampQueen

VampQueen

InuYasha
Feb 6, 2024
Do you think that it's possible to truly escape society? I was once debating this with someone and he said that every society creates deviants but those deviants are just as part of society as everyone else. Is true escape impossible then, even though people have dreamed of it?
Not 100%. By definition society is "The aggregate of persons living together in a community, esp. one having shared customs, laws, and institutions." So while you can get away from society, like living in a more rural area, you can't not be apart of it.

Honestly is it bad being an outcast in society? Everyone is so fucking boring. I've been a social outcast all my life, I wouldn't have it any other way.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Not 100%. By definition society is "The aggregate of persons living together in a community, esp. one having shared customs, laws, and institutions." So while you can get away from society, like living in a more rural area, you can't not be apart of it.

Honestly is it bad being an outcast in society? Everyone is so fucking boring. I've been a social outcast all my life, I wouldn't have it any other way.
Ugh it's not fair that one can't truly escape. I never wanted to be a part of society anyways. I'm also an outcast and I guess I take pride in it? I don't want to be a part of society, I hate the expectation that I have to.

Personally I'm refusing to participate in society right now by being a NEET/hiki but eventually my parents expect me to get a job and become just another slave to capitalism. They expect me to be a "well-functioning" member of society even though I don't want to. I've never fit in or felt like a real person anyways, I've always felt more like an alien tbh.

VampQueen

VampQueen

InuYasha
Feb 6, 2024
Ugh it's not fair that one can't truly escape. I never wanted to be a part of society anyways. I'm also an outcast and I guess I take pride in it? I don't want to be a part of society, I hate the expectation that I have to.

Personally I'm refusing to participate in society right now by being a NEET/hiki but eventually my parents expect me to get a job and become just another slave to capitalism. They expect me to be a "well-functioning" member of society even though I don't want to. I've never fit in or felt like a real person anyways, I've always felt more like an alien tbh.
I mean you could live on an island, make your own society featuring no one (population 1). But that's easier said than done. Also you could live in a rural area with acres of land and no neighbors, or even live off grid and live off the land like our more barbaric ancestors. All options easier said than done, unfortunately

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020

It sounds like your parents are doing more harm than good by trying to push a square peg through a round hole.

There are many approaches to escape normal working life. The most extreme would be attempting to live in nature like Ted Kaczynski when he was in Montana (minus the whole murder thing). There are many monastic traditions, or off-grid communes, 'tiny home' cultures and more.

But you will find that the biggest game-changer would be connecting with other people who think similarly.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yes but you have to question whether life would be any easier. But sure- trek into the middle of a dense forest with all you think you would need to survive on. I doubt many of us would last that long. How long before you miss being warm, dry, not hungry or thirsty or afraid? How long before you miss any kind of human interaction even?

Do you know how to find clean drinking water? Can you build a fire and a shelter? Do you know how to hunt? Do you know which plants aren't poisonous? Do you know how to prepare and cook food you find? What are you going to do if you become ill? Do you know what kinds of dangers there are in the location you choose? Can you protect yourself from them?

I don't know why people think living off grid would be less work than modern living. Maybe it wouldn't be stressful in the same way but- it would be in other ways. Just try spending a day and a night camping outdoors and I reckon that would give you a taste. I know I couln't do it definitely! That's a sure way for me to CTB!

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
How do you feel about ecovillages/communes? Can you conceive of one that'd be acceptable to you?

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
How do you feel about ecovillages/communes? Can you conceive of one that'd be acceptable to you?
I guess they could work but I'd rather be truly alone, I don't want to be around people
Yes but you have to question whether life would be any easier. But sure- trek into the middle of a dense forest with all you think you would need to survive on. I doubt many of us would last that long. How long before you miss being warm, dry, not hungry or thirsty or afraid? How long before you miss any kind of human interaction even?

Do you know how to find clean drinking water? Can you build a fire and a shelter? Do you know how to hunt? Do you know which plants aren't poisonous? Do you know how to prepare and cook food you find? What are you going to do if you become ill? Do you know what kinds of dangers there are in the location you choose? Can you protect yourself from them?

I don't know why people think living off grid would be less work than modern living. Maybe it wouldn't be stressful in the same way but- it would be in other ways. Just try spending a day and a night camping outdoors and I reckon that would give you a taste. I know I couln't do it definitely! That's a sure way for me to CTB!
I don't think I would miss any kind of human interaction but yeah true...the practical aspect of living off grid is something I haven't really thought out yet. It does sound like a lot of work (unfortunately)

Katdogg

Katdogg

Jan 31, 2024
I believe you could escape society if you had the skillet. You would need to be in a wilderness like Alaska. Hunting wild game and foraging like a primitive.

If you had money... you could set yourself apart from society, but you'd still have to pay your way... so you haven't really escaped.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I believe you could escape society if you had the skillet. You would need to be in a wilderness like Alaska. Hunting wild game and foraging like a primitive.

If you had money... you could set yourself apart from society, but you'd still have to pay your way... so you haven't really escaped.
I don't have the skillset to live in the wilderness unfortunately. Ugh it's just so unfair. I never asked to be alive anyways and I can't even escape...

Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
If your expenses were very low, you could maybe get away with working for like half the year. And then spend the other half living in isolation in some wilderness cabin. You could pick a job where you don't have to deal with many people, like a night security guard or a long haul truck driver etc. Long haul drivers can actually live in their truck in some cases, so you would save a tonne of money that way too.

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
You can certainly come close to escaping society, but I'm not at all sure it would be a good idea. I'm thinking of the kind of religious hermits who live in a cave somewhere on a mountain, or some equivalent kind of isolation, and have almost no contact with other humans. (They must have some contact, to get food.) To me, that sounds like a good way to go insane quickly. Most of us need some human contact. However, what you can do is limit the extent to which you interact with society. (I live in a remote rural area, and that unavoidably reduces the extent to which I interact with society, though it doesn't eliminate all interactions, nor would I want it to.) You could try to create your own alternative society, with a group of like-minded people, but most attempts to do that in the past haven't been especially successful, unless they have some religious motivation to bind the people together (like the Amish, for example, or monks in a closed monastery).

Last edited:
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
I think it 100 % depends on how you define "escape."

I don't think so. Only if you had one person maybe but as soon as you got two people you've got a society. "You can't have two people (maybe three) in a room without someone trying to govern over the other" - this may be true, but also just the existence of dynamics I think, creates a society whether it's controlling or not.

Plenty of people have dreamed of it (including many of the more adventurous explorers), but if anyone truly escaped, we probably didn't hear from them again and never knew about it.
But the more pervasive society becomes, the harder it is to escape even temporarily.

O

ObscureSunshine

Feb 20, 2024

Okay, but what if I don't want to participant in the society?

I often think about the community on the string of islands off the coast of India that no one is allowed to visit.

How I would recreate that?

Especially the issue of not needing money(ie paying somebody/thing to be left alone).

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Okay, but what if I don't want to participant in the society?

I often think about the community on the string of islands off the coast of India that no one is allowed to visit.

How I would recreate that?

Especially the issue of not needing money(ie paying somebody/thing to be left alone).
I would argue that, that tribe is still a society by definition but if you mean "society" like the world then I do not know 🤔 perhaps living off the grand in the wilderness? 🤷‍♀️

O

ObscureSunshine

Feb 20, 2024
Yes, thinking along similar lines.

Purchasing/Obtaining ownership of a wooded island & getting it declared off limits some how.

Noah Arking up some edible animals (cows/goats) & some plants, then heading out, never to be seen again:)

Luchi

Luchi

Feb 24, 2023
i have dream of buying a plot of land and becoming self sufficient. going off the grid. no phones, no tv. my hard work directly rewarding me. getting away from all this bullshit. i feel so trapped, so suffocated by society, by all the rules. and even then, i technically can't even own land. not truly. i still have to have a way to make meaningless paper money to give to the government. so i guess my answer is, i don't think so. i truly wish there was somewhere in the world one could go to truly escape. i wish i could wander freely, nameless.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Unless if you're a rich billionaire who doesn't ever need to work, no. The only way you can escape society if you aren't a billionaire is by suicide

R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Some people managed to live away from civilization but depends how you look at it.

We are all on the same earth. I don't think there are any places where you can be truly untouched by "society" with absolute certainty. I mean it can happen sure but even some tribes are being pestered by outsiders.

It is also not an easy task to completely change your habits. I know this whole "live in the wild and be free" idea is tempting by many but it is not a life for everyone and it doesn't guarantee you happiness. Life will still be about survival and your desires you might not be able to fulfill.

It is kinda like grass is greener both literally and not. But nature is not a comfy place, nor a fairy tale land. It is a place where beings fight to survive. Kinda like society for majority.

You can't really escape inescapable parts of life.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Some people managed to live away from civilization but depends how you look at it.

We are all on the same earth. I don't think there are any places where you can be truly untouched by "society" with absolute certainty. I mean it can happen sure but even some tribes are being pestered by outsiders.

It is also not an easy task to completely change your habits. I know this whole "live in the wild and be free" idea is tempting by many but it is not a life for everyone and it doesn't guarantee you happiness. Life will still be about survival and your desires you might not be able to fulfill.

It is kinda like grass is greener both literally and not. But nature is not a comfy place, nor a fairy tale land. It is a place where beings fight to survive. Kinda like society for majority.

You can't really escape inescapable parts of life.
I just want to be alone and where other people aren't. I want to live in seclusion, far away from other people. That's my primary motivation for escape
Unless if you're a rich billionaire who doesn't ever need to work, no. The only way you can escape society if you aren't a billionaire is by suicide
Ugh I hate how this world runs on money. Why is literally everything about money and making money 😭 I hate how you'll have to spend most of your adult life working just to make money to survive. Work is literally modern day slavery. This planet is so messed up, and I hate how everything is about survival at the end of the day. I wish I were never born. I guess I'll have to ctb to escape this then. The most annoying thing though is that I never even wanted to experience life anyways, it was forced upon me. None of us chose to exist, yet we have to pay to exist on a planet that we didn't even choose to be on. Doesn't that seem so absurd?

Last edited:
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
I just want to be alone and where other people aren't. I want to live in seclusion, far away from other people. That's my primary motivation for escape
How would you survive?

My father lives in nature but he interacts with people still. I went to visit a few times a while ago and it is not an easy life even tho the air is clean and silence feels nice. He is very busy with animals/plants and barely has time to rest.

If you were filthy rich and set for life you could maybe live in a log cabin or a mansion somewhere far away while ocasionally seeing people when needed.

But if you were completely alone, if something happened to you it is over.

I asked "are you sure?" not for these reasons alone. You are here speaking to us, are you sure you want to completely and forever cut contact with all people? Never to speak to anyone else for the rest of your life even if possible?

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

Oct 29, 2023
Ugh I hate how this world runs on money. Why is literally everything about money and making money 😭 I hate how you'll have to spend most of your adult life working just to make money to survive. Work is literally modern day slavery. This planet is so messed up, and I hate how everything is about survival at the end of the day. I wish I were never born. I guess I'll have to ctb to escape this then. The most annoying thing though is that I never even wanted to experience life anyways, it was forced upon me. None of us chose to exist, yet we have to pay to exist on a planet that we didn't even choose to be on. Doesn't that seem so absurd?
I think that everything is about money so that powerful people and weak people can exist. That's all. Money is the best excuse to get people to turn on each other whilst ignoring the actual issues. That's why people tend to be against homeless people or NEETs/hikikomoris instead of being against the 1% that has more wealth than the other 99% combined. This planet is messed up indeed. It's scary as to how messed up it is

I'm so sorry that the only way out of society is suicide. I truly do wish that there could be other ways to escape society and, unfortunately, there isn't any. I never wanted to experience life too. Even when I was young, I wish I was dead.

It is absurd that we have to pay to exist when we never even asked to be here. Humanity is shit and the entire system is messed up. I want to be dead before I start working... maybe I'll die anyways as I don't have it in me to get employed. Honestly that is for the best in my case

RemainingDubious

RemainingDubious

Most men only receive flowers at their funeral.
Feb 18, 2024
Yeah, there's tribes in the world that don't want to know the rest of us. There's people who are cut off from the grid, there's the Amish. There was jim jones' Jonestown (although that's fucked up 😬forcing children and babies to die is sick 💔 actually come to think of it i'm not so sure how i think about it 😬 i know that sounds sick 😬 but from their parents perspective they were saving their children they loved from society. They'd have believed they were being merciful to their children, they were protecting them from the world.

It's pretty hypocritical society allowing abortions but condemning them parents 😬

"With my treason came a cause that I believed in. Is it really wrong if a n**** got a reason?" - Joe Budden

Intent is often important, is it fair to judge someone if what they 100% believe what they're doing is right, especially when they believe they're doing something selflessly to save someone they love from suffering? 🤷🏻i actually don't know i feel about it now when keeping things in perspective.

Them parents in Jonestown Didn't murder their children before heading to Jonestown, they didn't abandon them in society before they went there. They must have been loved and wanted by their parents. So maybe the perception that's presented is part of the problem? 🤷🏻

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

Oct 29, 2023
"If you work hard, you will escape society." Then people work hard. That sounds like the usual scam.
That quote reminds me of "hard work pays off". It doesn't, at least not all the time. Working hard just means that you're a better cog in the system, a cog which people will use to exploit even further than the slower cogs

Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Dont think so.
i mean, most you can do nowadays is to just limit your interaction with society at large. Like going grocery shopping just once a month or something.

untothedepths

untothedepths

I am falling I am fading I have lost it all
Mar 20, 2023
While you can't escape society you can certainly isolate yourself to the point you have almost zero human contact, aside from a job and unavoidable yet minimal human interaction. For all intents and purposes, you'll definitely be alone.

Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
That quote reminds me of "hard work pays off". It doesn't, at least not all the time. Working hard just means that you're a better cog in the system, a cog which people will use to exploit even further than the slower cogs
Hard work is for those who don't have much to impress Satan but think they do and keep trying. Everyone is competing in Satan's beauty contest, dancing to the tune of his money supply. Satan prints good money for what he likes. Many levels of hell is literally true.

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
View attachment IMG_0314.webp
190351_IMG_0314.webp

• Wow