Is it irrational to commit suicide due to nationality i.e. countries like China?

• A. No, it's not a good reason for suicide (State why in the Answers if you'd like)

• B. Yes, it's justified, I see how it is (If you are comfortable, state why)

• C. I don't know

• D. when I grow up, I will sacrifice my life for Pakistan!

Results are only viewable after voting.
A

AllReturnsToNothing

I'm useless
Aug 5, 2020
Yeah. Everyone is unique and have different experiences, as well as views on particular things.

I just thought if you actually live in a nice country, get a job, you are sorted,
It's just hard to define what's a nice country when people perhaps care about different things or have different problems.
Suppose only if you are dual citizen you will be able to legitimately pick a side.

I couldn't help wonder why so many people leave places like China and go to US etc but not the other way around.
Hooray to those who made it, honestly it's good for them.

I think a big error in defining what is a "good vs bad" country is that since western countries with a lot of money like the United States have a lot of power to push the propaganda both domestically and abroad that their country is "perfect" and "idyllic" nothing like those "savages" in the horribly inecual global south (all while conveniently ignoring the role the west plays in perpetuating inequality in so-called 3rd world countries). And the people who have all the money to push these narratives are the 1% rich people who truly DO truly live an idyllic lifestyle that is so much different from the realities faced by the majority of population that the 1%-ers and the 99%-ers might as well live in different countries entirely. And that propaganda must work pretty well if even people who live in places like China (which is specifically kinda infamous here in the west for the whole national firewall thing which makes easy dissemination of western propaganda difficult) buy into the lie that the average people in western countries have better lives. I think dual citizenship in the US is technically illegal I think because because it's such an "us vs. them" culture.

I also wish I could say the Chinese diaspora in the US were doing good right now, but there's been a pretty nasty rise in race-motivated crime committed against Chinese folks thanks to the government-sponsered new cold war rhetoric against China that is so common in the US media right now. I've seen more and more people from China in the US expressing a lot of fear around this and even a desire to move back to China in many cases. I can't say I blame them. I wish I had a place where I could flee the instability in the US too. But I'm pretty much stuck here since I'm poor and it's pretty much the same story in all western countries no matter where you go. I will admit, and this may sound bizarre coming from an American, but applying for a scholarship and going to university in China has crossed my mind a few times, just to get away from the madness of the US even just for a bit. But I'm in such a poor mental state that the culture shock would just be far too much for me. Plus I used to get super nervous just walking alone on the community college campus I used to attend, I cannot imagine how the toll of being alone across the world in a foreign country would feel.

Sorry for the big rambling paragraphs, this has just been weighing heavily on my mind now. I don't have anyone in my life to talk about these worries.

• Hugs
Reactions: KleinerWolf, All washed up and epic
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
I think a big error in defining what is a "good vs bad" country is that since western countries with a lot of money like the United States have a lot of power to push the propaganda both domestically and abroad that their country is "perfect" and "idyllic" nothing like those "savages" in the horribly inecual global south (all while conveniently ignoring the role the west plays in perpetuating inequality in so-called 3rd world countries). And the people who have all the money to push these narratives are the 1% rich people who truly DO truly live an idyllic lifestyle that is so much different from the realities faced by the majority of population that the 1%-ers and the 99%-ers might as well live in different countries entirely. And that propaganda must work pretty well if even people who live in places like China (which is specifically kinda infamous here in the west for the whole national firewall thing which makes easy dissemination of western propaganda difficult) buy into the lie that the average people in western countries have better lives. I think dual citizenship in the US is technically illegal I think because because it's such an "us vs. them" culture.

I also wish I could say the Chinese diaspora in the US were doing good right now, but there's been a pretty nasty rise in race-motivated crime committed against Chinese folks thanks to the government-sponsered new cold war rhetoric against China that is so common in the US media right now. I've seen more and more people from China in the US expressing a lot of fear around this and even a desire to move back to China in many cases. I can't say I blame them. I wish I had a place where I could flee the instability in the US too. But I'm pretty much stuck here since I'm poor and it's pretty much the same story in all western countries no matter where you go. I will admit, and this may sound bizarre coming from an American, but applying for a scholarship and going to university in China has crossed my mind a few times, just to get away from the madness of the US even just for a bit. But I'm in such a poor mental state that the culture shock would just be far too much for me. Plus I used to get super nervous just walking alone on the community college campus I used to attend, I cannot imagine how the toll of being alone across the world in a foreign country would feel.

Sorry for the big rambling paragraphs, this has just been weighing heavily on my mind now. I don't have anyone in my life to talk about these worries.

I appreciate you taking the time to comment and express how you feel. It's good for you.

To answer your question, no ordinary Chinese people from China, will ever approve USA or Japan.
Unless they are more leaning towards the west.
I went to Canadian oversea high school back in the days, and got to know Youtube and those sorts of stuff exists.
I'm genuinely surprised how far I've come for a Chinese national, I guess it's like I'm a fish and slipped through the fishing net.
How wonderful.

China is pretty weird. If you are European or African descent, people be staring and taking pictures with you lmao.
You could easily get a Chinese gf there if you are European descent. Quite a phenomenon.
It doesn't have political unrest or segregation but you'll die from air pollution and censorship just to name a few.

Would still prefer America but that's just me.
I see where you coming from though.

What's bad about American passport is that if you are dual citizen you still have to pay taxes to the USA. It's mandatory.
Hence the proportion of people leaving US some of them actually renounce their citizenship.

If financial aspects allow, perhaps it would be a good idea to relocate to EU or somewhere.
Those places are nice apart from the terrorist or illegal immigrant problems lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: VisionsOfHell and Deleted member 19654
AngelGirl

AngelGirl

Cat
May 18, 2019
Your reason to end your life doesn't need to be justified by anyone. If any one thinks you are immature, stupid, or whatever to kill yourself for something so "trivial" they can suck your dead and cold balls.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: KleinerWolf, puppy9 and Skathon
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
Your reason to end your life doesn't need to be justified by anyone. If any one thinks you are immature, stupid, or whatever to kill yourself for something so "trivial" they can suck your dead and cold balls.
Mmh OP is clearly asking for opinions, not justifications.
In my opinion Western countries remain the best places to live, because we have invented a beautiful thing here which is called the rule of law.
And we should keep fighting for it. If OP hadn't invested their all life in leaving their native country, I would clearly have voted no and not I don't know, though.

• Love
Reactions: KleinerWolf
Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
I find it hard to justify my need to ctb, let alone someone else's. The only thing I can say if you feel the need, have no regrets, and accept the consequences. And know it's not just indigestion or bad gas, go for it.

• Love
Reactions: KleinerWolf
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Any reason is a good enough reason to ctb it´s up for the individual to decide when or if they want to ctb whether it being one thing you and I might think is not a good reason but reasons for ctb is subjective as is the amount of pain a person can take even if it´s "only" mild depression and this comes from a person with 16 physical and mental problems. Also even if a person from these countries or any countries just don´t want to slave their life away or just don´t see any reason to live it´s reason enough to ctb remember no one asked to be born so everyone has the right to die plus the fact is that life for 99% of people has more hardship than reward even if they are happy to overcome the hardship and struggles in life there simply isn´t enough reward for the hardship at least not post childhood age.

• Love
Reactions: KleinerWolf and Disappointered
WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Ima shake the champagne bottle...
Jun 23, 2020
My nationality is the ONLY reason that makes me want to kill myself.

• Hugs
Reactions: KleinerWolf, epic and woxihuanni
epic

epic

Enlightened
Aug 9, 2019
My nationality is the ONLY reason that makes me want to kill myself.
Which country are you from? (You don't have to answer that if you are concerned about privacy)

Reactions: KleinerWolf and All washed up
MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
I voted Yes. Mainly because its a lot harder to get mental health care if you're in a third world country. I think its pretty rational to feel depressed if you lived in a bad environment. If you happen to be born in a better country you have better chance to life comfortably, have more opportunities, better government assistance and all that jazz.

But like i said, It's still a CHANCE. There's no absolute guarantee you wont be suicidal even if you're the luckiest person alive, because sometimes your brain is just eff'd up.

Some people still thrive in 3rd world country of course, some are rich, some are smart/talented or just plain resilient but we only see that because of survivor bias. For one person succeeding, there's hundreds who fall off the societal cliff, but people just dont talk about it. They're just "losers" after all right? God, I hate my life.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, KleinerWolf, Disappointered and 1 other person