• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Blackpepperpancake

Blackpepperpancake

Help me to breathe
Nov 22, 2023
I have passive suicidal thoughts for many years, sometimes I happy, most of the times I'm not. Whether I have a job or being unemployed I can't have a peaceful state of mind comparing to when I was young, ignorant and dumb. Stupid tests on the internet doesn't help to clarify me, how do you guys know you have depression? Please feel free to share your experiences,how do you realize it's not just a temporary emotion/phase.

• Hugs
Reactions: soulkitty
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me đź’™
Nov 1, 2023
I have passive suicidal thoughts for many years, sometimes I happy, most of the times I'm not. Whether I have a job or being unemployed I can't have a peaceful state of mind comparing to when I was young, ignorant and dumb. Stupid tests on the internet doesn't help to clarify me, how do you guys know you have depression? Please feel free to share your experiences, how do you realize it's not just a temporary emotion/phase.
If you are depressed most of the time, but certain things are able to make you temporarily happy, that's characteristic of atypical depression. Diagnoses are based on how much your condition inhibits your life. If you feel like it is ruining your life or making it worse in a significant way, then you have some sort of illness--whether or not it's depression I wouldn't be able to say, because I can't rule out other disorders just by knowing one symptom.

Blackpepperpancake

Blackpepperpancake

Help me to breathe
Nov 22, 2023
If you are depressed most of the time, but certain things are able to make you temporarily happy, that's characteristic of atypical depression. Diagnoses are based on how much your condition inhibits your life. If you feel like it is ruining your life or making it worse in a significant way, then you have some sort of illness--whether or not it's depression I wouldn't be able to say, because I can't rule out other disorders just by knowing one symptom.
Thanks for the info! For now it's bearable and I'm in control of my emotions, however deep down I'm scared that one day what if I just completely breakdown and want to CTB, it's just a common fear i think

penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me đź’™
Nov 1, 2023
Thanks for the info! For now it's bearable and I'm in control of my emotions, however deep down I'm scared that one day what if I just completely breakdown and want to CTB, it's just a common fear i think
The two required criteria to be diagnosed with any mental disorder is that it has to either significantly disturb your life or impairs important areas of functioning. As an example: depressive and anxiety disorders fit into the first one, personality disorders like NPD usually fit the second one.

I don't think that most people are worried about committing suicide. Could it be that you have negative emotions that you have suppressed? Is there anything in life that bothers you atm?

• Love
Reactions: Blackpepperpancake
Blackpepperpancake

Blackpepperpancake

Help me to breathe
Nov 22, 2023
The two required criteria to be diagnosed with any mental disorder is that it has to either significantly disturb your life or impairs important areas of functioning. As an example: depressive and anxiety disorders fit into the first one, personality disorders like NPD usually fit the second one.

I don't think that most people are worried about committing suicide. Could it be that you have negative emotions that you have suppressed? Is there anything in life that bothers you atm?
I think it's due to several issues clump together, from worrying about my future, don't see a meaning in living when everyone is going to die anyway and frustrating for not being productive or being lazy and pessimistic. I can not pin point the exact problem right now, for the most part overthinking drives me insane. The idea of CTB is kind of an escapism for me when I don't know what to do or being too overwhelm.

penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me đź’™
Nov 1, 2023
I think it's due to several issues clump together, from worrying about my future, don't see a meaning in living when everyone is going to die anyway and frustrating for not being productive or being lazy and pessimistic. I can not pin point the exact problem right now, for the most part overthinking drives me insane. The idea of CTB is kind of an escapism for me when I don't know what to do or being too overwhelm.
Sounds like you're having an existential crisis? A precursor to existential depression when unresolved? Not seeing a meaning of life definitely has a correlation to seeing ctb as a primary solution.

• Love
Reactions: Blackpepperpancake
Blackpepperpancake

Blackpepperpancake

Help me to breathe
Nov 22, 2023
Sounds like you're having an existential crisis? A precursor to existential depression when unresolved? Not seeing a meaning of life definitely has a correlation to seeing ctb as a primary solution.
I agree what you said, when it comes to the question what's the point of living, there are no right or wrong answers, we just exist that's it. However the thought of me still questioning about this topic like a crazy dude is too much for me to handle my mental instability. Some people give advice that it will be better once you have experienced enough, but I don't believe it at all.