• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Josef2000

Josef2000

Forsaken One
Nov 5, 2019
I've thought about this a lot and there are pros and cons to each.

I guess the pros of ctb while drunk suppresses the survival instinct and can help you forget about family and other protective factors that race around in your mindbefore taking action.
A lot of people say that being intoxicated can make things harder although I think this depends on the method which can be a good thing especially if the plan requires very little setup or planning to partake in. Whereas I don't think alcohol will work with complex methods such as the night night method or anything involving setup like exit bags.

However you can also fuck things up drastically and the fail rate of ctb probably skyrockets as you have the risk of being arrested for public intoxication, as well as letting people know your intention and plans such as telling family or friends or ringing a hotline.

I don't plan to ctb til next year but I'm just typing this cause I'm pretty lonely.

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
In my case, when I failed at CTB, I was kinda drunk and that helped me to "pause" my SI. However, the mistake was the overdose of sleeping pills I had, which didn't allow me to hang myself properly.

I'd say just a bit of alcohol can help lots but not to the point of being completely drunk and don't know what you're doing.

UiopQwerty

UiopQwerty

Mage
Dec 17, 2020
I would say sober. More control over the situation.
But... With alcohol in your body it may be easier to overcome SI.
Depending also what plan you might have. Some say it is useful to have a few glasses
while others say use some benzo to calm nerves.

I think Im repeating myself here now. All answers here above say the same, just different
words. :hihi:

D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
I've thought about this a lot and there are pros and cons to each.

I guess the pros of ctb while drunk suppresses the survival instinct and can help you forget about family and other protective factors that race around in your mindbefore taking action.
A lot of people say that being intoxicated can make things harder although I think this depends on the method which can be a good thing especially if the plan requires very little setup or planning to partake in. Whereas I don't think alcohol will work with complex methods such as the night night method or anything involving setup like exit bags.

However you can also fuck things up drastically and the fail rate of ctb probably skyrockets as you have the risk of being arrested for public intoxication, as well as letting people know your intention and plans such as telling family or friends or ringing a hotline.

I don't plan to ctb til next year but I'm just typing this cause I'm pretty lonely.
I am sorry Josef. Isolation is very hard on the living. Hugs hon.

Reactions: Ghost2211
Josef2000

Josef2000

Forsaken One
Nov 5, 2019
May I ask what exactly lead you to it and what went on? How did you overcome your instincts?
When I tried jumping, it took a lot of time but I did a countdown and just jumped, well, sorta walked off.
I had to convinced myself this was the best action to take and that it was for the greater good.

I had a drink in me too which helped although once you are at peace with death and the end of life the survival instinct just becomes suppressed.
I am sorry Josef. Isolation is very hard on the living. Hugs hon.
I can't stand it. I would do anything just to have a friend.

ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
It would be better to be intoxicated, but for the most part, it's too risky. Unless you're jumping off a bridge or something. Personally, I'd like to be in the middle. Not sober, but not intoxicated. I can still function just fine, but I feel much better emotionally.

D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
When I tried jumping, it took a lot of time but I did a countdown and just jumped, well, sorta walked off.
I had to convinced myself this was the best action to take and that it was for the greater good.

I had a drink in me too which helped although once you are at peace with death and the end of life the survival instinct just becomes suppressed.

I can't stand it. I would do anything just to have a friend.
Can you go out Josef?

Reactions: Meditation guide
M

Moon Flower

I'll soon be sleeping sound
Oct 14, 2019
Probably sober. Ctb isn't easy and it's best not to add any unnecessary variables

Reactions: Ghost2211
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Sober, or at least not wasted. In some cases getting too intoxicated can make one over think things or not think clearly. It can also make one do methods incorrectly risking worse quality of life.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I believe staying sober is better when attempting, especially when there is dexterity and concentration required in order to execute said method. Of course, with alcohol it could help combat your SI, depending on how much you have as it would lower your inhibitions.