• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
My latest therapy appointment made me realize how much shit I'm trying to do on my own

From moving out of my toxic home and living away in campus. Going to school full time and looking for assistant housing and scholarships to help school expenses. I'm doing a lot with no one telling me what to do or how to do it

A part of me thinks working, even part time, would help shed the financial dependency I have on my father. Yet I also feel so overwhelmed with my internship/classes I don't know if I can manage it

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Coconteppi

Coconteppi

It was a cool lil place. Just missing something :)
Mar 14, 2024
Have you looked at possibly working on campus? They typically don't pay well but are very accommodating in terms of working with your availability. Or some form of Uber/Doordash? They allow you to choose your own hours and tend to pay better if you live in a heavily populated area.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
If your priority is school/college/degree you should concentrate full on that and not put yourself under additional stress with a job. I understand that financials are also important. You will have to set priorities. It's fully acceptable to depend on parents during education!

dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
There isn't anything wrong with not working while at school. When i was in college I put 100% of my focus on school. If you think you can handle the responsibility then go for it. If you find that the work/school/life balance is hard to maintain you can always quit your job. Could even just work one or two days per week for a couple hours if you can find something like that.

Reactions: Water-Lily