nigelhernandez

nigelhernandez

Experienced
Apr 14, 2020
I'm 21 and about to turn 22. I've been admitted to college next year and there'll be many attractive women. I would think that having a vasectomy might actually be a benefit in relationships.

• Love
Reactions: Final Escape and Oyoy
Grey-zone

Grey-zone

Student
Feb 2, 2019
If you want to? There's no absolute answer, and I doubt it would have any effect on your ratio of intercourse. Although the idea that college will get you laid might be a misnomer. I barely had sex at all my entire 7 years of higher education. Sure, I flirted with many women, but my social skills beyond that were shit. It's a common tale.

nigelhernandez

nigelhernandez

Experienced
Apr 14, 2020
If you want to? There's no absolute answer, and I doubt it would have any effect on your ratio of intercourse. Although the idea that college will get you laid might be a misnomer. I barely had sex at all my entire 7 years of higher education. Sure, I flirted with many women, but my social skills beyond that were shit. It's a common tale.

Is it true that women rarely approach men?

Grey-zone

Grey-zone

Student
Feb 2, 2019
Hell man, I'm not the person to ask. Some do, some don't. In general, men do the approaching, but there are many exceptions. My impression was you always need to wait and observe before deciding if the woman might be interested in you. The best advice probably is "get used to rejection, and treat it as a numbers game"--same idea as looking for a decent job.

• Love
Reactions: Oyoy
F

faraway_beach

Seawater and stardust
Dec 30, 2019
Any prospective partners will probably still want you to cover up to prevent disease.

Reactions: FusRohDracarys and Myforevercharlie
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
If you don't want kids, then having a vasectomy is beneficial. It's taking responsibility to ensure that what you don't want to happen won't, rather than trusting someone else to take a pill to ensure it doesn't happen.

Reactions: Woodnote and Myforevercharlie
SpareWheel

SpareWheel

I go on holidays by mistake
May 4, 2020
In a long term relationship, definitely a benefit although if you have a partner with a high sex drive she might stay on contraception anyway, one that negates periods allowing sex 24/7 365. If you sleep around randomly though it's not a decent alternative to a rubber.

They're reversible in most cases, should you want kids one day you'll likely be able to.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
It's very dependant from person to person and really not something anyone can decide for you. It's a big choice and one you should be 100% sure of.

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
If u are pretty sure u don't want children, I would. The only concern I would have is if u ever want to undo it. It is easier to reverse but not sure for how long. But it certainly would give u more control and women can't pin their pregnancy on u unless for some reason the vasectomy failed. I've heard of that happening but it's probably rare. I would research it first. But yea it could save u from unwanted children or unplanned for kids with a woman u didn't want them with.