• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
No, this isn't a dumb reason. I think that ctbing to avoid working for the rest of your life is valid. Working sounds absolutely awful to me and, unfortunately, there's no way out of it without suicide. I don't understand those who are okay with slaving the rest of their lives away meaninglessly

vak

vak

🙃💕
Feb 13, 2024
Your reasoning is your own, and out of respect, I will not comment on it - you don't really need to justify it to anyone.

However, if this is your sole concern regarding considering cbt, I don't think this is your only option.

You could change careers or fields (as many do even at a later age), hire a career coach, find a part-time job and learn to be content with less, start your own business (although that might not align well with anxiety), seek relief from anxiety with the assistance of a professional, or find support through government programs or a family/partner. The list of possibilities is virtually endless.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
No, and if one wishes to cease existing on their own terms then that's up to them, not other people, it's not their place to make the decision. Nobody should be forced to delay their inevitable fate no matter what and I don't understand those who believe that suicide even needs a reason in the first place. None of us are obligated to continue existing and death will happen someday whether there is a reason behind it or not.

FitsTime

FitsTime

Wizard
Feb 22, 2024
Is your sense of anxiety accompained by envy or the feeling that someone that has more than you, or your managers, are not doing things properly / don't respect you? If yes, you will have this kind of feelings all life long unless you win the lottery.

CloudyNightSky

CloudyNightSky

Experienced
Oct 28, 2023
It's definitely not a dumb reason, but maybe you should try something else first. Honestly I don't know what you could do, maybe another job orrr getting to know your colleagues better so you don't have to feel that awful.
Probably you already thought about that, but idk to ctb is like an important decision, that cannot be undone so ig it's better to first look for some alternatives and see if it gets better.

4g1vvvven

🔍 Looking for the nicest exit 🚪
Feb 14, 2023
I get crazy anxiety thinking about work, everyday I think something bad is going to happen tomorrow. I just don't want to do this shit all my life to feed myself. I can't even stop working since it means I'll starve to death
I don't think it's a dumb reason at all, from this post I also don't think it's your only reason, are the following true?
  • You fear starvation/poverty
  • You don't want to confirm to dictated expectations
  • You feel permanently trapped with no real escape other than suicide
I think a lot of us have underlying problems that make working life harder and less viable.
This obviously negatively impacts our quality of life, not helped by the general attitude being that we're lazy or whatever.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Nobody forces you to do anything you just have to take the consequences. I can understand that it's better to die than being / becoming a (min) wage-slave. In the end it's your personal choice and your personal reason and all of it is valid.

I

Ironborn

Student
Jan 29, 2024
It's soul destroying, I was out the house at least 11 hours a day, nothing but stress.
Decided to just pack it in after my attempt to ctb, just living off my savings and seeing what happens now, at least I finally have some free time.

gantaigarashi

gantaigarashi

Wageslave
Aug 1, 2023
Your reasoning is your own, and out of respect, I will not comment on it - you don't really need to justify it to anyone.

However, if this is your sole concern regarding considering cbt, I don't think this is your only option.

You could change careers or fields (as many do even at a later age), hire a career coach, find a part-time job and learn to be content with less, start your own business (although that might not align well with anxiety), seek relief from anxiety with the assistance of a professional, or find support through government programs or a family/partner. The list of possibilities is virtually endless.
It's hard to change my career since I'm pigeonholed in a niche field and I'll have to start from scratch, and even that doesn't mean that I can get a chill job. Almost every job in my country has no WLB. I don't even think I can work on myself to change my career, I'm too lazy for that.

And there is no minimum wage jobs here. At most minimum wage job will be customer support where the stress will fuck you up, with barely liveable wages. I just feel stuck.

gantaigarashi

gantaigarashi

Wageslave
Aug 1, 2023
I don't think it's a dumb reason at all, from this post I also don't think it's your only reason, are the following true?
  • You fear starvation/poverty
  • You don't want to confirm to dictated expectations
  • You feel permanently trapped with no real escape other than suicide
I think a lot of us have underlying problems that make working life harder and less viable.
This obviously negatively impacts our quality of life, not helped by the general attitude being that we're lazy or whatever.
Yes, I'm really afraid that I'll be poor if i leave my job. And I contribute significantly for my family (it's how it is in third world countries), if I don't earn then I'll just be a burden for them. I really wanted to save up some money for my brother's tuition, so that he can graduate and look after my family but I don't think I can stay alive for that long.

And I don't have friends or girlfriend, nor am I capable of making one. I'm terribly lonley and hungry for validation. I hate it. I don't see any point in working all my life apart from paying my aging parents medical bills.

I hate my entire being.

gantaigarashi

gantaigarashi

Wageslave
Aug 1, 2023
Is your sense of anxiety accompained by envy or the feeling that someone that has more than you, or your managers, are not doing things properly / don't respect you? If yes, you will have this kind of feelings all life long unless you win the lottery.
No, it's more that I have to login and do the stuff that I despise all my life. And to take additional responsibilities, managing people as time goes on. Work pressure is only going to increase and I'm afraid I'm not capable to handle it

FutureHanger

FutureHanger

fml
Dec 9, 2023
I personally think any reason is valid as long as you've been suicidal long enough to know you genuinely want it and are not impulsively feeling suicidal due to an emotional outburst.

As for this specific reason: 100% it is valid, the idea of working a 9-5 has always scared the shit out of me though prior to wanting CTB I didn't think of committing suicide over it but now that I'm already fairly confident I'll die by suicide I feel like this is just another big reason to. Slaving away under capitalism working unnecessarily high hours whilst sleep deprived for several decades sounds like a nightmare and even if "normal" people may look at you like you're crazy for this or simply call you lazy, it is completely natural to not want to labour under capitalist conditions where you can't even control what time you wake up at.

sunsetting

sunsetting

Jun 9, 2021
I'd say it depends on what type of 9-5 but I get ya it's excruciating to think about working that same shitty job your whole life and it's not even an option to not work as you need the money to survive.

Some people give up and live life on auto mode that's how tragedy get on with the 9-5 life.

sserafim

sserafim

消えたい
Sep 13, 2023
This is my reason to ctb as well. I can't imagine or envision myself having to go to work/a job everyday for the rest of my life. I feel like that would be so boring, and that my freedom would be taken away. I also think I'd get super burnt out.

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Work can be drudgery and a huge source of misery, especially if you are working long hours and doing a job you hate. Is it the lack of freedom and ownership over your own time that bothers you about work? The conditions?

Someone may have mentioned this before, so feel free to ignore if this sounds like a trite or redundant suggestion, but if you have nothing to lose have you looked into digital nomad visas? If you are able to get a basic remote work job you may find yourself having more freedom and agency over your time, with the ability to travel and live in a lower cost of living country.

While I know this may not be appealing to everybody, it can be a more fulfilling path than traditional 9-5 jobs if someone is looking for a means of escaping monotony.