• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

DeIetedUser4739

Apr 21, 2024
Someone told me a guy that was a former user on this site got a visit from the police and all his devices confiscated for publicly sharing sources on this site.

I was able to find a search result for a thread titled "dmc available to all" which had their username under it but what I can't understand is why the Police would get involved for posting something that is already publicly available information on the internet?

• Informative
Reactions: ijustwishtodie
Ash

Ash

Enlightened
Oct 4, 2021
I'm not a legal expert at all but off the top of my head:
  • Being investigated isn't the same as being prosecuted
  • Being prosecuted isn't the same as being convicted
  • Every country has different legislation
  • Every regional body / individual responsible for prosecution under each country's legislation interprets that legislation differently
  • Information that's available on a website hosted in country X can still be illegal to view or share in country Z
  • Not everything you read on the internet is true

• Informative
Reactions: avoid, ijustwishtodie, DeIetedUser4739 and 5 others
Dark Window

Dark Window

Forest Wanderer
Mar 12, 2024
I personally would never share a source on here.

If I was going to do it hypothetically, it would be in private but I haven't sofar

Reactions: DeIetedUser4739, dying flower and divinemistress36
D

dopaminedeath

Student
Nov 12, 2022
what country? how did they know his username? like did somebody report him or are authorities just monitoring this site

W

world is unfair

Loser
Jun 9, 2024
I personally would never share a source on here.

If I was going to do it hypothetically, it would be in private but I haven't sofar
PM me the sources if you can
Plz

• Yay!
Reactions: DeIetedUser4739, ijustwishtodie, rozeske and 2 others
D

DeIetedUser4739

Apr 21, 2024
what country? how did they know his username? like did somebody report him or are authorities just monitoring this site
Uk I believe, on the search result which is a broken link it said threadstarter: Deadxbattery

I also saw a screenshot where he said they're monitoring this site and they're going after anyone they believe has committed enough crimes.

I personally think they must have done more than just share a link to a source for police to visit them as almost every user on here would've received a visit by now, I was just wondering if anyone knew anything more.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and dopaminedeath
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Sounds like more absolute nonsense to drive people to the DNMs and such. Making people pay literally 100x the price.

I personally cannot understand all the hype over SN. It is not some miracle substance.

It is not illegal, not banned and customs is definitely not looking for it nor do they care.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, satanpixidreamgirl and DeIetedUser4739
NoLoveNoHope

NoLoveNoHope

Mage
Mar 25, 2023
Uk I believe, on the search result which is a broken link it said threadstarter: Deadxbattery

I also saw a screenshot where he said they're monitoring this site and they're going after anyone they believe has committed enough crimes.

I personally think they must have done more than just share a link to a source for police to visit them as almost every user on here would've received a visit by now, I was just wondering if anyone knew anything more.
Dead Battery was very open to sharing sources. If I remember correctly he had a thread where he said you can ask to be PM'd the URL and he'll give it to you. Depending where you live the legality of it might change and could be enforced. I wouldn't take what he said at face value though as he was most likely distressed by the police visit and most likely CTB'd shortly after (I remember someone posted a goodbye thread for him a few weeks ago I think?).

If you choose to share sources be smart about it and be careful who you share it with, don't admit to it on the forum etc.

• Informative
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and DeIetedUser4739
D

DeIetedUser4739

Apr 21, 2024
Dead Battery was very open to sharing sources. If I remember correctly he had a thread where he said you can ask to be PM'd the URL and he'll give it to you. Depending where you live the legality of it might change and could be enforced. I wouldn't take what he said at face value though as he was most likely distressed by the police visit and most likely CTB'd shortly after (I remember someone posted a goodbye thread for him a few weeks ago I think?).

If you choose to share sources be smart about it and be careful who you share it with, don't admit to it on the forum etc.
Thank you, that makes sense to me now. There still might be more to the story but I do think the Police would be that lame and harass someone for something stupid like that.

BruhXDDDDD

BruhXDDDDD

Student
Feb 18, 2022
Don't do it if you have any doubts about it.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I agree. Unfortunately he realised that fact too late. You have to be careful as to who you share sources with. Not everybody can be trusted

Reactions: Praestat_Mori