nymphojuno

nymphojuno

girlfail (he/him)
Nov 30, 2023
title kind of speaks for itself.

ive been through this so many times with multiple people that im basically convinced my purpose is to be used and hurt for no reason. im so tired of feeling like this. i cant be loved; i know this now. anyone i fall in love with is going to do the same thing to me again. i cant take it. i tried sleeping last night and i couldnt. is this a stupid thing to consider killing myself over

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Cinnamorolls, betternever2havbeen, Lostandlooking and 4 others
bFre3

bFre3

Apr 8, 2024
I don't think it's anyone's place to judge whether you should ctb or not. No reason is a stupid reason to consider ctb. Mainly because none of us can peer into your heart and see what you're feelings, the only judge of that is yourself.

The only advice I can give is to not rush with these feelings, whatever they may be. Accept it and hold on to it if you wish (or don't, recovery is always an option). What I'm trying to say is just don't be impulsive.

Reactions: hachiware, Lostandlooking, sugarh1gh and 5 others
U

unusally alive

Jun 4, 2024
There is no such thing as a good enough reason. One person could be drowning in the ocean and another in a puddle, in the end they are both drowning.

Reactions: Cinnamorolls, hachiware, Lostandlooking and 4 others
Dark Window

Dark Window

Forest Wanderer
Mar 12, 2024
I think it would be quite sad if this was your primary reason to CTB, especially if you don't have any underlying health/mental issues.

I'd say you need to go do some work on yourself. Learn to love yourself, value yourself.

If you're constantly getting used in relationships by assholes you may have some issues standing up yourself, and be attracting shitty people.

You need to spend some time away from relationships and learn to enjoy life and value it on your own rather than relying on others to make you happy.

Reactions: thinvy, blacklemonade, Sylveon and 1 other person
K

Kalista

Failed hard to pull the trigger - Now using SN
Feb 5, 2023
the ultimate point of killing yourself is to stop things from continuing, so the experience completely stops.

depending on who you ask, it's a mix of both 'yes' and 'no.' when it comes to relationships, people will tend to say it's not worth killing yourself over.

you shouldn't be asking 'if it is a valid reason,' because any reason to kill yourself is valid without adding measure to the act.

remember, it's not them experiencing it -- it's you. it's your life. do with it what you will.

Reactions: hachiware, Trav1989, sugarh1gh and 1 other person
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Being cheated on is something which would greatly upset me.

Reactions: nymphojuno
devils~advocate

devils~advocate

Feb 29, 2024
Understandable. Been married twice...

First one left for someone else ...who was engaged themselves. They got married....13 years later the other person left them & married someone else. Justice I suppose.

Second one cheated online with someone they knew on Facebook. Sending Messages, nude photos/videos of masturbation, love letters .. No idea if there was anyone else involved. Still with this person now....I'm not sure why, I had hope things would be better.

So I know how it feels. It's one of the main reasons for my ctb.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Lostandlooking, AvwJ and nymphojuno
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
The total destruction of self-esteem. Being forced into obssessive thoughts about what they are doing with their new flame. Obliteration of any ability to trust future romantic partners. I wouldn't say in it's INvalid.

Reactions: Cinnamorolls, Trav1989 and nymphojuno
ADBoy777

ADBoy777

Student
May 16, 2024
Never been cheated on so I can only imagine the pain. I'm sorry for what you went through it's definitely not an easy experience.
Personally I would take some time to rest and think not impulsively about it.

Reactions: MatrixPrisoner and nymphojuno
DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
I don't personally think that alone really justifies ctb. But I am not you and it is not my life. Everyone should have a right to end their own life for any reason or no reason. And some mental health professional assholes have no right to force anyone to live who clearly doesn't want to. They don't know you and don't really care whether you ctb or not. They just want to exploit your suffering for their profit.

Reactions: divinemistress36
A

Artemisia

Student
May 24, 2024
In my opinion, definitely not. They're not worth it! The best you can do is move on and treat them like the insignificant pos that they are. But that's me, of course.

T

Trav1989

Jun 2, 2024
It can be used as fuel to build towards garnering the courage to CTB but I wouldn't CTB because of it alone. Now, if it happened multiple times I could certainly see such being the case without a doubt. If a person is incapable of caring enough about a relationship to go outside of it and seek sexual fulfillment elsewhere then they clearly lack the self-respect to even love in the first place and will just continue along with their vicious cycle leaving a trail of victims in their wake they are hardly worth losing much sleep over.

I once dated a woman back in my mid-20's who I was in a relationship for over 6 months with and one day she had left her phone unattended and she got a call, I answered it and it was another man asking if "my" girlfriend was up for sex so I answered "who are you?" and he was as baffled as I was and at that point I realized she had been playing multiple men just like me for money.

I confronted her about it and she admitted to having multiple other boyfriends so I ended it with her on the spot.

I slept well that night.

lost_ange2211

lost_ange2211

An angel who wants to go home..
May 29, 2024
I am sorry about your experience.

Nobody should judge or weight the decision about ctb. Your emotions and what you go through are valid either way.

Personally i would say these people are not worth it. Is it just relationships you struggle with? Do you have friends or family who are close to you or support you? Maybe you just attract the wrong people?

You could also brainstorm and think about all those relationships, were they similar, looking back was there a point of change? Could there have been some point of indication that you could have seen to change things or to bail out before you were hurt like that? Try to reflect on that any maybe you find out more about the reasons for it. And maybe said reason can give you some kind of support for your decision.

V

VoidedExistence

Dec 6, 2023
people think nothing is worth killing yourself for. do not care if people think you were stupid over killing yourself for reason they find invalid. ctb if you want to, it's valid if you think it is.

Reactions: hachiware
hachiware

hachiware

May 23, 2024
If you think that's a valid reason, then it is. Dont care about what other people say. Personally, I won't ctb just because someone cheated on me, but that's just my choice.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
No, but it's a valid reason for murder........just kidding. Answer is still NO.

K

kcon1243

Apr 7, 2024
I've been wanting to die and tried many times over the last 25 years. Being cheated on and then gaslit and beaten and used by my partner of 18 years is the end of the line for me. Life is one big lie, nothing is as it seems, if you're done, you're done. F what others think, you just gotta do you.

• Love
Reactions: nymphojuno and Cinnamorolls