Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I have come to the conclusion that this feeling is driven by brain chemicals to propagate one of human's most fundamental biological imperatives - survival of the species.
It's an intense high so you are correct. I've never had a real drug high like I've experienced when in love.
I remember the last time it happened to me driving around thinking about my love in an intense, dizzy, spinning, out of my mind state, thinking how incredibly wonderful he was.

Now that I don't feel the same way about him, I still think he's incredibly cute but also see all the flaws, both in his body and his mind and personality. I couldn't see these at all before. It fucks up your entire perception and rationality.

Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
Love is fleeting. All relationships are conditional.

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and Disappointered
GravityUtilizer

GravityUtilizer

Born to lose
May 22, 2020
Unrequited love is a fucker, I know that.

A real fucker.

But what can you do?

Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
It's an intense high so you are correct. I've never had a real drug high like I've experienced when in love.
I remember the last time it happened to me driving around thinking about my love in an intense, dizzy, spinning, out of my mind state, thinking how incredibly wonderful he was.

Same here. I have had so many injuries over the years and have been exposed to so many different pain-killing drugs. Not one has come close to the euphoria I experienced early in a new relationship of romantic love. In my experience, this intense high faded over time, and pretty quickly I was left with - oh wow, who is this person and what have I done?

I think the lucky ones are those who are able to progress as this intense euphoria fades. Fades into compatibility, mutual respect, and genuine long-term caring for one another. :)

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and Disappointered
I

ilovenightmares

Alcohol is my medication
Jul 4, 2020
Maybe. It's a gamble with tough odds.

M

Marauder

why keep existing when you´re no living?
Sep 9, 2020
It is but keep in mind it can kill you as well.

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
When it goes well it's like the best thing in the world. Almost makes life worth living.
When it doesn't....
:T yikes.