• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

LonelyHopelessDude

LonelyHopelessDude

Student
Dec 17, 2019
Just a question, my method is SN but I was thinking about changing it for Sepukku/ Hara-kiri

I think it's a very honorful way to die but I imagine it would be very painful.

I just don't have the katana yet.

Reactions: not.happy201, TheDevilsAngel, Nemeshisu and 3 others
OneBigBlur

OneBigBlur

Experienced
Nov 30, 2019
Painful and it requires a second person so that it isn't painful.

Reactions: voyager, puppy9, TheDevilsAngel and 1 other person
1DayItWillBover

1DayItWillBover

Student
Dec 21, 2019
Would be a pretty bad ass way to go but i would imagine it would be very painful and hard because of the whole cutting yourself open thing

Reactions: Soul and TheDevilsAngel
G

gabe

-
Dec 30, 2019
I can't even imagine the amount of pain involved in Seppuku, it must be horrible.

• Love
Reactions: Nozzlehead, Rena rossy, not.happy201 and 1 other person
V

Verklempt

Dec 30, 2019
what's seppuku? isn't that when u stabbed ur self in the stomach?

Reactions: Rena rossy, not.happy201 and TheDevilsAngel
K

KiraLittleOwl

Lost in transition
Jan 25, 2019
It's a good choice if you are Japanese military and committing suicide as a honorable act.

• Love
Reactions: Broken Chimera, TimeToBiteTheDust, Rena rossy and 4 others
Ame

Ame

あめ
Nov 1, 2019
Euh...je n'ose croire ce que j'ai lu ici. Pour être vraiment honnête avec vous, ma réponse est non, pas du tout. Je ne suis absolument pas convaincu que l'hara-kiri est une bonne méthode. S'il vous plaît, prenez soin de vous.

Just in case the "Kingdom of France" location isn't serious or you are not French speaking, then no, I don't think that seppuku/hara-kiri is a good idea at all.

Reactions: Rena rossy
charlottewilts

charlottewilts

read Dostoyevsky
Jun 15, 2019
technically you can do seppuku alone, but it would be a lot more painful. and also, it would be quite difficult to hide a katana.

why not just stick to SN? every suicide is honourable, if you think about it.

• Love
Reactions: highlyvolatile, Erase.myself, not.happy201 and 5 others
LonelyHopelessDude

LonelyHopelessDude

Student
Dec 17, 2019
Euh...je n'ose croire ce que j'ai lu ici. Pour être vraiment honnête avec vous, ma réponse est non, pas du tout. Je ne suis absolument pas convaincu que l'hara-kiri est une bonne méthode. S'il vous plaît, prenez soin de vous.

Just in case the "Kingdom of France" location isn't serious or you are not French speaking, then no, I don't think that seppuku/hara-kiri is a good idea at all.
Je posais cette question car cette méthode a récemment retenu mon attention.
Mourir avec honneur ma toujours intéressé mais c'est surtout par curiosité, je vais m'y tenir au SN.

Should I change my location ? Having to put a real location is in the rules ?
I live in France but I just found this "Kingdom of France" 10 time more badass.
technically you can do seppuku alone, but it would be a lot more painful. and also, it would be quite difficult to hide a katana.

why not just stick to SN? every suicide is honourable, if you think about it.
Yes sure, it was by curiosity ! I just found the Seppuku method really interessing but I will stick with SN it's more simple and less painful.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: TheDevilsAngel, Nemeshisu, Ame and 1 other person
ARW3N

ARW3N

Melancholia
Dec 25, 2019
I wouldn't say it's a good choice at all but an excruciatingly painful one.

Reactions: TheDevilsAngel
S

S1mpleme

Mage
Dec 27, 2019
Are you Japanese, if I may ask?

Reactions: TheDevilsAngel
LonelyHopelessDude

LonelyHopelessDude

Student
Dec 17, 2019
Are you Japanese, if I may ask?
No, not at all even if Japanese culture fascinates me I don't even think I have a very high pourcentage of Asian blood.

• Love
Reactions: BabyYoda and TheDevilsAngel
J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
It's hard to determine whether you're actually serious or not. Why would anyone willfully stab themselves in the stomach knowing it'll be an excruciatingly painful and prolonged death? That's if you're not found in time and rushed to the hospital.

In case you are actually serious: honour in that context meant one's reputation and that of one's family remained intact after one's death. In that culture and time period being dishonoured meant disgrace for one's whole living family, ancestors and future descendents so dying in such a gruesome manner actually made sense. In a modern, western context it' would be completely meaningless. Nobody will think of you in terms of admiration for your 'honourable' death. They'll probably think you were quite insane.

A full sized Japanese sword (katana) was never used in that ceremony. A wakizashi (short sword) or more likely tanto (dagger) was.

Reactions: Kokichi, Hoopali, not.happy201 and 6 others
S

S1mpleme

Mage
Dec 27, 2019
No, not at all even if Japanese culture fascinates me I don't even think I have a very high pourcentage of Asian blood.
So what's the point? That's part of their culture, they have it not because they like that pain or just show off their dead bodies to others that they've died in extremely cool way. Death is not lifestyle, its opposite to life.

Reactions: Kokichi, Rena rossy, TheDevilsAngel and 1 other person
LonelyHopelessDude

LonelyHopelessDude

Student
Dec 17, 2019
It's hard to determine whether you're actually serious or not. Why would anyone willfully stab themselves in the stomach knowing it'll be an excruciatingly painful and prolonged death? That's if you're not found in time and rushed to the hospital.

In case you are actually serious: honour in that context meant one's reputation and that of one's family remained intact after one's death. In that culture and time period being dishonoured meant disgrace for one's whole living family, ancestors and future descendents so dying in such a gruesome manner actually made sense. In a modern, western context it' would be completely meaningless. Nobody will think of you in terms of admiration for your 'honourable' death. They'll probably think you were quite insane.

A full sized Japanese sword (katana) was never used in that ceremony. A wakizashi (short sword) or more likely tanto (dagger) was.
I was actually serious when making this thread, I take my last moments seriously and even if it was used for a different matter and an other time period in a totally different country, it still suits me.
(Even if it was still used during WW2 I think)

I was also very curious about knowing more in this method.
So what's the point? That's part of their culture, they have it not because they like that pain or just show off their dead bodies to others that they've died in extremely cool way. Death is not lifestyle, its opposite to life.
What's bad about using methods from different cultures ?
Even after dying I will be accused of Cultural appropriation !? Haha

Last edited:
Reactions: not.happy201 and TheDevilsAngel
issyishere

issyishere

Goodnight and always remember that’s life
Nov 5, 2019
seppuku seems very gruesome and painful and most likely has a higher chance of failure than hanging or SN ): i'm sure the cleanup won't be too pleasant either but still would be badass

Reactions: LonelyHopelessDude and TheDevilsAngel
S

S1mpleme

Mage
Dec 27, 2019
I was actually serious when making this thread, I take my last moments seriously and even if it was used for a different matter and an other time period in a totally different country, it still suits me.
(Even if it was still used during WW2 I think)

I was also very curious about knowing more in this method.
I'm sorry, I didnt want to hurt your feelings. I was actually serious, I want to understand why would you do that. It's really painful (I remember times when I ate something and had to spend whole day on toilet and I was crying cause of pain in belly, and this will be worse), usually everybody wants to CTB quick and easy.

Reactions: not.happy201 and TheDevilsAngel
LonelyHopelessDude

LonelyHopelessDude

Student
Dec 17, 2019
I'm sorry, I didnt want to hurt your feelings. I was actually serious, I want to understand why would you do that. It's really painful (I remember times when I ate something and had to spend whole day on toilet and I was crying cause of pain in belly, and this will be worse), usually everybody wants to CTB quick and easy.
It's okay I can understand peoples confusion when making a thread like that.
People usually search for a quick and painless method, with a clear objective dying without having to suffer.

It was really by curiosity, I know that litteraly making a hole in your body for suicidal means is not the best choice if you want a peaceful death.

But my life doesn't have any sense so why not give a meaning to my death ?

More seriously I will use the traditional SN drink, it will come in less than a week now.

Reactions: charlottewilts
Nemeshisu

Nemeshisu

Experienced
Dec 25, 2019
I say it is very painful. It was so painful that even macho-like Samurais needed an assistant to behead them so they wouldn't have to bleed to death in extreme agony. It's one of most painful methods you could choose from.

It would not be seen as honorable by society nowadays, just as any form suicide. It is now considered as somehow anachronistic by Modern Japan. Also Japanese may think you insult their culture if a foreigner does it. Only case of seppuku in Modern Times that I can think of is suicide of Japanese Writer Yukio Mishima on 25 November 1970. At that time Japanese condemned him for this as they viewed it as propagating militaristic ideas that are no longer part of Japanese Culture. Even some Japanese Premier said that he thought that Mishima went out of his mind.

So if you are looking for attention, I think it is pretty pointless as you will probably attract only negative one. It will be condemned like any suicide by pro-lifers. It also takes a lot of guts to overcome SI with this method as I don't think anyone can just simply stab himself.

If you think it suits you, you can tolerate a lot of pain and that you can overcome your SI so much to get courage to stab yourself then I see why not. It would be pretty unusual death so you might made it to news. However not everyone may want that kind of attention.

Reactions: not.happy201
S

S1mpleme

Mage
Dec 27, 2019
It's okay I can understand peoples confusion when making a thread like that.
People usually search for a quick and painless method, with a clear objective dying without having to suffer.

It was really by curiosity, I know that litteraly making a hole in your body for suicidal means is not the best choice if you want a peaceful death.

But my life doesn't have any sense so why not give a meaning to my death ?

More seriously I will use the traditional SN drink, it will come in less than a week now.
People say life is meaningless, why would death be any different?

Reactions: Nemeshisu
LonelyHopelessDude

LonelyHopelessDude

Student
Dec 17, 2019
I say it is very painful. It was so painful that even macho-like Samurais needed an assistant to behead them so they wouldn't have to bleed to death in extreme agony. It's one of most painful methods you could choose from.

It would not be seen as honorable by society nowadays, just as any form suicide. It is now considered as somehow anachronistic by Modern Japan. Also Japanese may think you insult their culture if a foreigner does it. Only case of seppuku in Modern Times that I can think of is suicide of Japanese Writer Yukio Mishima on 25 November 1970. At that time Japanese condemned him for this as they viewed it as propagating militaristic ideas that are no longer part of Japanese Culture. Even some Japanese Premier said that he thought that Mishima went out of his mind.

So if you are looking for attention, I think it is pretty pointless as you will probably attract only negative one. It will be condemned like any suicide by pro-lifers. It also takes a lot of guts to overcome SI with this method as I don't think anyone can just simply stab himself.

If you think it suits you, you can tolerate a lot of pain and that you can overcome your SI so much to get courage to stab yourself then I see why not. It would be pretty unusual death so you might made it to news. However not everyone may want that kind of attention.
Thanks for the little history lesson here I didn't know that but you're missing the point.
I'm not searching for attention why would a dead want attention !?
People say life is meaningless, why would death be any different?
I don't think life in general is meaningless, I was talking about my life.
Giving a certain meaning to your death could still be interessing !
Even if at the end it doesn't really change anything, some people maybe don't want to go the traditional way

Last edited:
Nemeshisu

Nemeshisu

Experienced
Dec 25, 2019
Thanks for the little history lesson here I didn't know that but you're missing the point.
I am not sure. I don't know why would anyone choose such a method that is so painful and would draw a lot of attention if there are other methods available.

LonelyHopelessDude

LonelyHopelessDude

Student
Dec 17, 2019
I am not sure. I don't know why would anyone choose such a method that is so painful and would draw a lot of attention if there are other methods available.
Well a suicide is a suicide, I will not make the headlines if I die by Seppuku, hanging or poisoning, a lot people die of suicide everyday.

I'm dying for me not for the others and if I use this method, when someone will discover by body or a police officer, he will write down "death by suicide, method stabing".
Not "He died in an honorable way by commiting Seppuku".

When I will be dead attention will be my last problem haha

Reactions: not.happy201, charlottewilts and Nemeshisu
Nemeshisu

Nemeshisu

Experienced
Dec 25, 2019
Well a suicide is a suicide, I will not make the headlines if I die by Seppuku, hanging or poisoning, a lot people die of suicide everyday.

I'm dying for me not for the others and if I use this method, when someone will discover by body or a police officer, he will write down "death by suicide, method stabing".
Not "He died in an honorable way by commiting Seppuku".

When I will be dead attention will be my last problem haha
Yeah, actually if you weren't kind of famous during your lifetime then It wouldn't matter too much during death too.

That is some healthy behavior. I am glad that you are doing it for yourself and not others.

Reactions: LonelyHopelessDude
LonelyHopelessDude

LonelyHopelessDude

Student
Dec 17, 2019
Yeah, actually if you weren't kind of famous during your lifetime then It wouldn't matter too much during death too.

That is some healthy behavior. I am glad that you are doing it for yourself and not others.
If I want to end my life it has nothing to do with others or the world, only with me, don't worry about that.

I will be rooting for SN anyways, I just wanted to learn more about this traditional method.

S

S1mpleme

Mage
Dec 27, 2019

I don't think life in general is meaningless, I was talking about my life.
Giving a certain meaning to your death could still be interessing !
Even if at the end it doesn't really change anything, some people maybe don't want to go the traditional way
Maybe yes, maybe not. All I can say you won't find out and the last minutes or even hours you may spend with extreme pain. If you think that worth to try, then it's up you, but what if people around you don't know what's that? They gonna say that you stab yourself with a knife.

LonelyHopelessDude

LonelyHopelessDude

Student
Dec 17, 2019
Maybe yes, maybe not. All I can say you won't find out and the last minutes or even hours you may spend with extreme pain. If you think that worth to try, then it's up you, but what if people around you don't know what's that? They gonna say that you stab yourself with a knife.
If I ever do it (Seppuku) I will mention it in my suicide note just in case .
But as I said, this thread was more for information purpose.
And yes people will probably think I'm crazy and for dying that way and probably I am !

S

S1mpleme

Mage
Dec 27, 2019
If I ever do it (Seppuku) I will mention it in my suicide note just in case .
But as I said, this thread was more for information purpose.
And yes people will probably think I'm crazy and for dying that way and probably I am !
To be honest I don't really think someone cares of rituals or traditions. They usually want to make sure is it a suicide and if so, as usually, people call us crazy just because of it, and they will probably want to look at the brain and find a disease, cause if suicidal people are crazy by society's opinion, then there must be 100% something in brain. Katana is the last thing in the long list, including funeral, crying, etc.

Reactions: LonelyHopelessDude and Nemeshisu
T

The Hunter

Jun 4, 2019
Just a question, my method is SN but I was thinking about changing it for Sepukku/ Hara-kiri

I think it's a very honorful way to die but I imagine it would be very painful.

I just don't have the katana yet.
If you are a girl, I would really like to have a date with you.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Soul and LonelyHopelessDude