Selfish?

serveimage

I for one,do not think we are here to be other people 's crowd pleasers

Reactions: ForestLove, Volatile, stellabelle and 6 others
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
No it´s not no one chose to be born into this life so everyone have the right to ctb.

What IS indeed selfish is having children, people have children for their own selfish desires not because the world is just such a beautiful paradise as many people as possible have to experience NO! They have children for their own selfish desires having a child is the worst crime anyone can commit!

Reactions: stellabelle and sif
sif

sif

You deserve love
Dec 28, 2018
No it´s not no one chose to be born into this life so everyone have the right to ctb.

What IS indeed selfish is having children, people have children for their own selfish desires not because the world is just such a beautiful paradise as many people as possible have to experience NO! They have children for their own selfish desires having a child is the worst crime anyone can commit!
It's selfish but people who have children generally think they're doing the right thing. Expecting people to be antinatalists based on pure logic without any sort of education on the matter is the same as being an sjw that expects people to fully understand feminism and lgbt issues without actually being educated and then getting upset when they say the wrong things.

I'm not say anti natalism is wrong by any means but people get a bit rabid with it I think??

Reactions: Aesthler and Misanthrope
Fcancer

Fcancer

Student
Sep 24, 2018
I don't agree with that conclusion. The most selfish thing you can do is abuse another human being for your own self gratification to the point their self will dies leaving them a hollow shell.

I could also point out the egoistic nature of you posting this in the first place as on some level you are getting gratification from it. That does not necessarily make it selfish or wrong or something you should stop doing though. We are bags of brain chemicals after all, predominantly driven to seek pleasure and mitigate our pain. Even if it comes at the expense of something else. That is just default survival for you.

Stick a burger in your gob you are selfishly endorsing the horror show of the meat industry and the slurry that winds up contaminating fresh water. Putting petrol in your car because you would rather not walk in the rain. Selfishly supporting corrupt oil barons and foreign wars.

If we stopped doing things because they were selfish and result in harm in some form we wouldn't actually do anything at all. Even owning pencils would be selfish. Don't even get me started on fiat currency or chocolate.

Being driven to suicide is also the equivalent of me setting you on fire beside a swimming pool that people happen to be playing in. The immediacy of seemingly inescapable pain will compel you to jump in that pool regardless of how disruptive it is to those people playing.

For the most part the suicidal consider the feelings of those they will leave behind. For many they willingly choose remaining on fire solely not to disrupt the people playing in the pool. At great expense to themselves. That demonstrates consideration of an intense nature. Which is the complete opposite of the definition of selfish. The selfish won't even ponder it or register it as a question in the first place.

Even seasoned marines break to pain eventually, with techniques more focused on delaying that inevitability whilst under torture, while they hold out hope for rescue. So what chance do average people have, who are being tortured by their own minds and bodies over a span of a lifetime? Who have exhausted avenues of escape and realised there is no rescue?
I really enjoy your posts, always get me thinking.

2 be or not

2 be or not

Nov 25, 2018
Arvinneedstodie said:

Suicide is selfish? Depends. For me, it's the right thing to do.

Also i forgot to mention that there is a decent life insurance on me.

The sacrifice of self for the benefit of others is the opposite of selfish assuming his or her beneficiaries are independent adults.

Even the flawed logic of the sacrifice of self for the benefit of country, as with the Kamikaze, is the opposite of selfish.

So I agree with Arvinneedstodie, it depends on the circumstances.

Reactions: stellabelle
borntodie777

borntodie777

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2019
I've had a discussion with a friend of mine about suicide. And we came to the conclusion that ctb is the most selfish thing you can do.
We thought that suicide will hurt everybody around you and that it is a wish to fulfill your dream. Rather more we came to the conclusion that every relationship is egoisitic, because you are in a relationship to feel yourself better.
But what are your opinions on that?

Fake concern and virtue signalling for those planning to commit suicide is selfish and cruel.

Anyone who is suicidal has probably come to that decision because of the circumstances surrounding their lives. There is no escape for them, many if not all suicidal people have had to deal with severe mental or emotional trauma with no signs of improvement or progress.

It's in our genes to preserve our life and to pass on our genes to the next generation. It's also in our genes to ensure the next generation survives and is able to take care of itself.

The very act of suicide is an act against our biology that is innate to all of us . That happens when all hope is lost and the will to survive has extinguished.

To mock these people and to trivialize their problems so that you can see them alive is extremely selfish. You don't know what someone is going through and yet you want to prolong their misery instead of helping them do their thing and find peace.

Suicidal and mentally ill people are the only ones who are treated this way in our society. First they are mocked and their issues trivialized and then if they still refuse to listen they are locked up and forced to live.

You wouldn't tell a cancer patient that everything will get better have faith in god and expect the tumor to just disappear, you wouldn't do that to a burn victim who is in extreme pain.. why do it to someone who doesn't want to live anymore?

Suicide should be a viable option once everyone turns 18 or 20. Most people have developed mentally and emotionally to sufficient levels by then to make their own decisions.

People who have happy lives, have love, have friends shouldn't meddle with people who don't.

Reactions: ForestLove, Volatile, Misanthrope and 3 others
John Smith

John Smith

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2018
Fake concern and virtue signalling for those planning to commit suicide is selfish and cruel.

Anyone who is suicidal has probably come to that decision because of the circumstances surrounding their lives. There is no escape for them, many if not all suicidal people have had to deal with severe mental or emotional trauma with no signs of improvement or progress.

It's in our genes to preserve our life and to pass on our genes to the next generation. It's also in our genes to ensure the next generation survives and is able to take care of itself.

The very act of suicide is an act against our biology that is innate to all of us . That happens when all hope is lost and the will to survive has extinguished.

To mock these people and to trivialize their problems so that you can see them alive is extremely selfish. You don't know what someone is going through and yet you want to prolong their misery instead of helping them do their thing and find peace.

Suicidal and mentally ill people are the only ones who are treated this way in our society. First they are mocked and their issues trivialized and then if they still refuse to listen they are locked up and forced to live.

You wouldn't tell a cancer patient that everything will get better have faith in god and expect the tumor to just disappear, you wouldn't do that to a burn victim who is in extreme pain.. why do it to someone who doesn't want to live anymore?

Suicide should be a viable option once everyone turns 18 or 20. Most people have developed mentally and emotionally to sufficient levels by then to make their own decisions.

People who have happy lives, have love, have friends shouldn't meddle with people who don't.
Good points and I agree!

Reactions: borntodie777
Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
I've had a discussion with a friend of mine about suicide. And we came to the conclusion that ctb is the most selfish thing you can do.
We thought that suicide will hurt everybody around you and that it is a wish to fulfill your dream. Rather more we came to the conclusion that every relationship is egoisitic, because you are in a relationship to feel yourself better.
But what are your opinions on that?

Whenether you do something for yourself knowing it will mean somebody else will be affected in any way - you're being selfish. How you figured suicide is the most selfish thing ever - that I do not know. Killing your relative for money would certainly strike me as much more selfish. You're not being selfish entering relationship cause even though you do it for yourself you're not affecting your partner negatively, on the contrary it's usually what he/she wants.

stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018

I have had a similar conclusion on this subject many times.

Reactions: 2 be or not
borntodie777

borntodie777

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2019

Either that or let your child grow properly. Dumbfucks who have no idea how to raise kids have kids and then make them suffer till they either want to run away from home or kill themselves. Complete fucking idiots should never have kids.

Even people with genetic diseases and history of mental illness want to have kids and pass on their shitty genes to make their kids suffer as well

Reactions: mattwitt and 15dec
15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
Even people with genetic diseases and history of mental illness want to have kids and pass on their shitty genes to make their kids suffer as well
This! I saw something on TV a few months ago about kids in GOSH. A brother and sister in this show had a genetic disease and the one thing that really stuck out to me was that after these parents had their first child they knew they would pass on a horrible condition -but they knowingly went on to have another child! It baffles me how someone could knowingly bring a child into this world knowing that they're going to suffer. It's cruel.
Edit: found the episode summary if anyone wants to read about it: https://www.gosh.nhs.uk/news/paul-o-grady-love-gosh/paul-ogradys-little-heroes-episode-one

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 be or not
borntodie777

borntodie777

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2019
This! I saw something on TV a few months ago about kids in GOSH. A brother and sister in this show had a genetic disease and the one thing that really stuck out to me was that after these parents had their first child they knew they would pass on a horrible condition -but they knowingly went on to have another child! It baffles me how someone could knowingly bring a child into this world knowing that they're going to suffer. It's cruel.
Edit: found the episode summary if anyone wants to read about it: https://www.gosh.nhs.uk/news/paul-o-grady-love-gosh/paul-ogradys-little-heroes-episode-one

And then people say suicide is selfish.. there was this christian family that had a genetic problem or something. They kept having babies though because abortion is a sin. They had 3 or 4 daughters, all of them had microcephaly, basically a condition where brain is not formed properly leaving them with tiny heads and permanent mental retardation. The only thing they can do is breathe but they can't understand anything, can't talk, can't even cry properly, they just cooed and looked at the direction of sound or light.

The eldest daughter died recently at the age of 12. This is psychopathic behaviour on the parent's part and I don't understand how or why they never stopped having kids.

Here's the video:

I mean this makes no sense.. they knew they had a problem conceiving a normal child, why did they make these kids suffer?

Reactions: LayZ, 2 be or not, therhydler and 2 others
stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018
And then people say suicide is selfish.. there was this christian family that had a genetic problem or something. They kept having babies though because abortion is a sin. They had 3 or 4 daughters, all of them had microcephaly, basically a condition where brain is not formed properly leaving them with tiny heads and permanent mental retardation. The only thing they can do is breathe but they can't understand anything, can't talk, can't even cry properly, they just cooed and looked at the direction of sound or light.

The eldest daughter died recently at the age of 12. This is psychopathic behaviour on the parent's part and I don't understand how or why they never stopped having kids.

Here's the video:

I mean this makes no sense.. they knew they had a problem conceiving a normal child, why did they make these kids suffer?

Because they are ultimately selfish. It's devastating really. And it happens every day.

Reactions: 2 be or not, borntodie777 and 15dec
15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018

Here's the video:

That's terrible, it hurts to see these children suffering. I can't comprehend how people can justify such low-quality and painful lives as being better than none at all. The worst is when people praise these parents as being strong for caring for these kids. Maybe if they have one and were unaware they were passing on these genetic conditions, but parents like those you mentioned who knowingly pass them on are nothing but sick.

It also reminds me of suicide survivors who live with irreversible brain damage. I couldn't find the article but someone shared the story of a man who was 'saved' from his attempt and suffered brain damage. One year later he could communicate by blinking once for yes and twice for no (or vice versa, I'm not sure). When people asked him if he wanted to lived he would blink twice.

Reactions: therhydler, borntodie777 and stellabelle
bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
For the children aspect of it. It's selfish to have children knowing you can't provide for them. You better have all your shit together before bringing a child into this world against it's will.

Reactions: therhydler, 15dec and stellabelle
borntodie777

borntodie777

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2019
Because they are ultimately selfish. It's devastating really. And it happens every day.
People are surprisingly amoral, borderline psychopathic even. You must understand the tune everyone plays too or you'll be fooled forever and lose all the time.

My ex turned into a hardcore feminist and is now fuckimg some 30 year old balding alt right guy.. she's 19. She lied to me and I trusted her, she said she was just taking a break turns out she was just itching to bang someone else.

Like these people have no logic or shame at all. They will do whatever they want to and won't give a fuck about others. Then she started accusing me of stalking her and threatening police because I persisted on asking her why she never told me the truth.

People are psychopaths even the ones you consider your friends and loved ones. They don't give a fuck about you when it comes to down to choosing between themselves and you.

Life especially in current times is not suitable for people who are not willing to completely submerge themselves in hedonism and refuse to blatantly adhere to the popular ideology. You'll be taken from the herd and watched as you wither away to nothingness

Reactions: 2 be or not, therhydler, stellabelle and 1 other person
ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
I don't agree with that conclusion. The most selfish thing you can do is abuse another human being for your own self gratification to the point their self will dies leaving them a hollow shell.

I could also point out the egoistic nature of you posting this in the first place as on some level you are getting gratification from it. That does not necessarily make it selfish or wrong or something you should stop doing though. We are bags of brain chemicals after all, predominantly driven to seek pleasure and mitigate our pain. Even if it comes at the expense of something else. That is just default survival for you.

Stick a burger in your gob you are selfishly endorsing the horror show of the meat industry and the slurry that winds up contaminating fresh water. Putting petrol in your car because you would rather not walk in the rain. Selfishly supporting corrupt oil barons and foreign wars.

If we stopped doing things because they were selfish and result in harm in some form we wouldn't actually do anything at all. Even owning pencils would be selfish. Don't even get me started on fiat currency or chocolate.

Being driven to suicide is also the equivalent of me setting you on fire beside a swimming pool that people happen to be playing in. The immediacy of seemingly inescapable pain will compel you to jump in that pool regardless of how disruptive it is to those people playing.

For the most part the suicidal consider the feelings of those they will leave behind. For many they willingly choose remaining on fire solely not to disrupt the people playing in the pool. At great expense to themselves. That demonstrates consideration of an intense nature. Which is the complete opposite of the definition of selfish. The selfish won't even ponder it or register it as a question in the first place.

Even seasoned marines break to pain eventually, with techniques more focused on delaying that inevitability whilst under torture, while they hold out hope for rescue. So what chance do average people have, who are being tortured by their own minds and bodies over a span of a lifetime? Who have exhausted avenues of escape and realised there is no rescue?

I completely agree with this logical argument. In my case Misanthrope, I would surely like to go on if I could. But cancer has taken hold, and will not go away this time. Should I linger for months, growing in pain and weakness each month while I watch them fight back the tears the entire time?No, I will not watch them watch me die. I'm of the older generation, I'm going out on my own terms with my boots on, giving the middle finger to cancer.

Reactions: ForestLove, borntodie777, 2 be or not and 2 others