penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
I have this problem where I don't care about life and working hard because I think I can just ctb if things go wrong. I can't seem to see ctb as a big deal, like once I attempted just because I didn't feel like taking a class in school anymore, but didn't have a valid reason to drop it. I was doing fine performance-wise, I just hated it and it was out of sheer laziness. I am tired of having to put any effort into education whatsoever despite constantly having issues with giving a fuck/concentration problems.

Life is fine outside of work and school. But I can't imagine myself voluntarily living if I have to spend 1/2 of my waking hours making money eventually, no matter what the job is. I can't put a focused effort on it and can't make deadlines and slack all day for no apparent reason. Probably only 5% of my week is dedicated to my education as a college student, but I always miss deadlines and am even that's too tiring for me. Again, it's not hard and I barely dedicate time to it. I just don't like doing it and am tired of it either way.

I think usually people usually ctb because of an incurable life problem, but I'm willing to ctb over any minor inconvenience. I don't think this is normal even for SaSu users, correct me if I'm wrong.

Do you guys act like this? Do I need to treat ctb like a bigger deal? Are my problems too minuscule to be ctb worthy? Do I have a mental illness that I'm unaware of?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: justanotherguy1, AInilam, worthIess and 11 others
L

lopsidedcrawdad1

Experienced
Jun 22, 2023
I have this problem where I don't care about life and working hard because I think I can just ctb if things go wrong. I can't seem to see ctb as a big deal, like once I attempted just because I didn't feel like taking a class in school anymore, but didn't have a valid reason to drop it. I was doing fine performance-wise, I just hated it and it was out of sheer laziness. I am tired of having to put any effort into education whatsoever despite constantly having issues with giving a fuck/concentration problems.

Life is fine outside of work and school. But I can't imagine myself voluntarily living if I have to spend 1/2 of my waking hours making money eventually, no matter what the job is. I can't put a focused effort on it and can't make deadlines and slack all day for no apparent reason. Probably only 5% of my week is dedicated to my education as a college student, but I always miss deadlines and am even that's too tiring for me. Again, it's not hard and I barely dedicate time to it. I just don't like doing it and am tired of it either way.

I think usually people usually ctb because of an incurable life problem, but I'm willing to ctb over any minor inconvenience. I don't think this is normal even for SaSu users, correct me if I'm wrong.

Do you guys act like this? Do I need to treat ctb like a bigger deal? Are my problems too minuscule to be ctb worthy? Do I have a mental illness that I'm unaware of?
I partly understand. I was taking one online class this semester and was going to kill myself before dec.10 because that was when the final project was due and I just really didnt want to do it. I had the understanding and intelligence to do it but im just too tired. I ended up just dropping out even though I had an A 3/4 of the way through the semester. Of course that wouldnt be my only reason for wanting to die but its just another thing to weigh down on me. I dont really see a point in even trying either when ill have to work 40 hours a week till im 60+ and then best case scenario have 20 or 30 years of freedom in deteriorating health. Unlike you though, I probably would be able to tolerate this but the loneliness and self hatred in the background dont really allow me to.

Edit: it is likely you have some kind of mental illness thats causing your concentration problems and motivation but its also entirely possible you just see life and existence from a different point of view than most of society. I dont think you have to be mentally ill to prefer death over 30+ of working 40 hours a week. Thats just something thats acceptable to some and unacceptable to others.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, annointed_towers and penguinl0v3s
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
I partly understand. I was taking one online class this semester and was going to kill myself before dec.10 because that was when the final project was due and I just really didnt want to do it. I had the understanding and intelligence to do it but im just too tired. I ended up just dropping out even though I had an A 3/4 of the way through the semester. Of course that wouldnt be my only reason for wanting to die but its just another thing to weigh down on me. I dont really see a point in even trying either when ill have to work 40 hours a week till im 60+ and then best case scenario have 20 or 30 years of freedom in deteriorating health. Unlike you though, I probably would be able to tolerate this but the loneliness and self hatred in the background dont really allow me to.
Do you think it's possible to build up tolerance? Should I try to? Emotions are hard to deal with, as I'm sure everyone knows, but then if some people can tolerate them better than others is it because they're doing something different...

L

lopsidedcrawdad1

Experienced
Jun 22, 2023
Do you think it's possible to build up tolerance? Should I try to? Emotions are hard to deal with, as I'm sure everyone knows, but then if some people can tolerate them better than others is it because they're doing something different...
Yes, absolutely. Medication and or therapy could help you greatly. If you have adhd which could explain concentration problems, go to the doctor and try medication. If its something else, id really recommend mushrooms atleast once before you go on any psych meds. Ketamine could be used too. Neither worked for me, but a ton of people find them to be literal miracles for changing their perspectives in life. Please do not kill yourself before tripping on mushrooms once. Could make you the happiest person in the world.

• Hugs
Reactions: penguinl0v3s
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The way I see it nobody is obligated to continue existing, we all have our right to die. It's just up to the individual whether to continue or not, it's a personal decision. And in this case I don't see why it matters why other people wish to cease existing as we aren't them, we all experience existence differently after all.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
"Money" and rejecting becoming a wage-slave can be an incurable life problem. Being only able to barely survive can be a reason enough to consider CTB in my opinion. You're probably not made for "college" you probably would like to do sth other in your life, live your life differently but there are social forces that prevent many people from living their lives already in early ages.

Many minor inconveniences can easily add up to 1 big inconvenience over time.

• Aww..
Reactions: AInilam, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Deleted member 65988 and 3 others
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
"Money" and rejecting becoming a wage-slave can be an incurable life problem. Being only able to barely survive can be a reason enough to consider CTB in my opinion. You're probably not made for "college" you probably would like to do sth other in your life, live your life differently but there are social forces that prevent many people from living their lives already in early ages.

Many minor inconveniences can easily add up to 1 big inconvenience over time.
I am not currently barely able to survive, my parents are paying for my university. Though it does feel depressing thinking of going into the workforce. Man, why can other people be sellouts and even bootlick corporates, but here I am. Always feels like something is fundamentally wrong with me as a person because other people tolerate a lot more than I'm willing to put up with. I would definitely like to not be in school, but don't we all? Nobody likes being in education. They do it to survive.

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Deleted member 65988, ijustwishtodie and 1 other person
IWishToDie

IWishToDie

I check notifications once per week
Dec 31, 2023

It's the biggest deal, it's the final deal. The chances of living again in an afterlife or a new universe (when the current one collapses 20 billion to 100 trillion years from now) are essentially zero. This is it. If you want to go, go. If you have any reason to stay, consider hanging around. You can always CTB tomorrow. Only you can assess how bad your situation and future truly are. Best of luck @penguinl0v3s

Personally, I feel that my time is near.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: AInilam, penguinl0v3s, Duality and 3 others
Terramoro

Terramoro

Apr 8, 2023
I have the same problem. I don't study and even tho I'm interested in the topics I just can't be bothered to do anything useful. I could probably be a chemist or electro engineer but I just say I'll ctb in the near future. I keep getting the worst grade which is just normal now. I'd probably enjoy living if I had motivation.

Baron

Baron

Is there a meaning to anything?
Jun 29, 2023
literally me, no outlook on life, hardly any motivation, ctb seems like hitting the jackpot

Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
I mean what are we if not existent. In the grand scheme of things it's all pointless and meaningless, but on a personal level it's just about the biggest deal to exist. I mean, it is to become what you are now to nothing at all. Seems like a big deal to me.

Now is it sad? Is it something to care about? Thats debatable.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and leavingthesoultrap
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think it very much depends on how you view life itself. Some people see it as this miracle chance and something that has intrinsic value. To many people here, it probably feels more like a curse they want to get rid of!

I think a lot of it is to do with potential. When people see life as having the potential to be good- they're bound to feel more inclined to stick around and more motivated to work towards the things they want. If on the other hand, nothing much appeals- it's much harder to see why we should bother being here.

I don't think it's really something you can force yourself to feel either way. I think all of us have to ask ourselves- do we want out because the future we ideally want feels impossible? (And is it really impossible or just very difficult?) Will we be willing to compromise for a slightly inferior future? Or, is it truly that absolutely nothing in life seems appealing?

Really- on whether it's a big deal or not is up to you though. For me- other people's deaths have always felt like a bigger deal to me than my own. I hate going through all that grief. That of course is a whole other matter really and people have their own personal feelings about it. Your life might not mean much to you but- does it mean more to those around you and- should that matter?

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
D

Duality

Harmony in Duality
May 27, 2023
I understand the emotional part and wanting to CTB over minor things. It all adds up and can be overwhelming when you're already feeling bad about other major things, like needing to find a job, fear of not having enough money, etc. It's more common than you might think, and no one has any right to judge you or anyone else for that.

However, in my opinion the physical act of CTBing is definitely something to be serious about. You don't want something to go wrong and be left alive with serious injuries. On the flip side, who knows if you would have backed out if you just waited 5 more minutes. A little bit of planning goes a long way and can prevent these 2 regrettable scenarios.

Reactions: AInilam
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
I think it very much depends on how you view life itself. Some people see it as this miracle chance and something that has intrinsic value. To many people here, it probably feels more like a curse they want to get rid of!
I live in a perpetual state of neutrality. I don't feel attachment towards life, but I don't hate it either and don't have the desire to carry out the action of dying. Being emotionally opinionated has been difficult for me. The only thing I know for sure I don't want is pain. I think my perspective is that I don't want to do anything that requires action, and both living and dying require action.

To live without suffering means to take actions to constantly move forward to somewhere, to die means to take actions to plan a suicide that is painless and going against all instinct and face uncertainty--extremely difficult as well. I am not in pain right now, but I am not happy with doing the work to avoid pain that maintaining life requires. I believe my ideal would be that I had never been born in the first place, but now that I'm born I either have to tolerate life or death, and am not taking any action because I don't see any difference between those things.

I think some people who believe that death is nothingness here are no less idealistic than people who believe that death is heaven. They see nothingness as the ideal (as do I), and rationalize that it is undoubtable because they can't think of anything else. But truth is often stranger than fiction, and I don't believe in any certain thing about the afterlife other than an unknown. Maybe I'm unable to even envision it, because coming up with ideas is so very difficult. People can think of a decade about to be able to come up with a conceptual understanding of an abstract concept. Now that I've been born, there's no escape for me.

I think a lot of it is to do with potential. When people see life as having the potential to be good- they're bound to feel more inclined to stick around and more motivated to work towards the things they want. If on the other hand, nothing much appeals- it's much harder to see why we should bother being here.

I don't think it's really something you can force yourself to feel either way. I think all of us have to ask ourselves- do we want out because the future we ideally want feels impossible? (And is it really impossible or just very difficult?) Will we be willing to compromise for a slightly inferior future? Or, is it truly that absolutely nothing in life seems appealing?
It doesn't matter to me. If I had achieved all my life goals and was the happiest person in the world, I would still rather not exist. It doesn't solve the fundamental problem for me that the majority of life is spent avoiding pain and death. That even the richest person in the world needs to eat daily to avoid dying painfully within the next week, that a person is never truly at peace if they are not in nothingness, because they're not able to "do nothing" at any point in life, besides sleep, which we can't even savor and is interrupted quickly.

Really- on whether it's a big deal or not is up to you though. For me- other people's deaths have always felt like a bigger deal to me than my own. I hate going through all that grief. That of course is a whole other matter really and people have their own personal feelings about it. Your life might not mean much to you but- does it mean more to those around you and- should that matter?
I hate going through grief as well, but I am not resentful of people who chose to ctb. It is their personal choice. Other people are honestly not a consideration to me about whether or not I ctb. I don't care what their opinion is, because as far as I'm concerned it's quite literally my life. I know it would mean a lot to other people if I died, but to me it's irrelevant.
[...] on a personal level it's just about the biggest deal to exist. I mean, it is to become what you are now to nothing at all.
I like this perspective, thank you. I was thinking pretty broadly when I wrote my post. I can see why it would matter to an individual whether or not they exist. Given, "I think, therefore I am" and when someone dies, they presumably can't think and can't exist anymore.
However, in my opinion the physical act of CTBing is definitely something to be serious about. You don't want something to go wrong and be left alive with serious injuries. On the flip side, who knows if you would have backed out if you just waited 5 more minutes. A little bit of planning goes a long way and can prevent these 2 regrettable scenarios.
You're absolutely right, and I'm in no rush. Nobody can stop me from killing myself, because they can't keep me in a ward forever if I show surface level normal behavior. I'm no longer scared of the psych ward. I'm no longer scared of the police or welfare checks, because those would just be temporary hassles. Nobody can keep watch of me forever, and there's an infinite amount of charcoal, gas, chemicals, ropes, and bridges over water out there as far as any average human is concerned. I'm not undermining the difficulty I hope, I know that painless and reliable ctb is hard, but if you ignore some of those things, there's a way.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep