motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
I know that really short guys are unfairly penalized for their height, but is it really that important for a man to be at least 6 ft tall? Is a guy really utterly & totally fucked if he's, say, 5'8 ft?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Average_human_height_by_country
The average height for white men in the States is 178 cm (5'10 ft), 176.4 cm (5 ft 9+1​2​ in) for African Americans, 172.3 cm (5'8 ft) for Asians & 171.2 cm (5 ft 7+1​2​ in) for Latinos. Dutch men are the tallest in the world - 183.8 cm (6 ft 1​2​ in). Brazil - 170.7 cm (5'7 ft). Malaysia - 165.2 cm (5'5 ft). Something doesn't add up here :notsure:, somebody's being paranoid.

I'm 190 cm, quite tall. I can also still afford to be very superficial when it comes to other gay men's looks, but "masculinity", a nice face & a reasonably fit body are much more important than height to me. I've slept with plenty of quite short Latinos & Arabs & some Asians. From what I've observed over the years, handsome gay guys with average social skills do just fine even if they're pretty short. It isn't hard for average-looking normie gays of average height to get laid either.

I highly doubt that the average gay man cares significantly less about height than the average str8 woman. The obvious difference between us is that women are much more interested in long-term relationships (& having kids, ofc), so they care more about a man's socioeconomic status. I'm pretty sure they don't give a shit if a guy is 5'8 if they perceive him as someone attractive enough who's got his shit together. The average Latino man in the US is only 5 ft 7+1​2​ in. Why aren't most of them depressed af? How come some white & black women marry Latinos of average height?

Please try & remember I started this post by saying that I know really short guys are unfairly penalized for their height. Let the senseless bloodshed begin.

Reactions: faex42 and blueclover_.
Enigmatic Sailor

Enigmatic Sailor

vicissitudes of fate...
Oct 29, 2021
Short people got no reason
To live

• Yay!
  • Aww..
Reactions: Bct, not-2-b-the-answer, wait.what and 5 others
xLosthopex

xLosthopex

Tell my dogs I love them
May 29, 2020
As a straight woman who works as a stripper and sugar baby with 0 interest in serious relationships/marriage, having kids etc., a man's height is irrelevant to me, their income/wealth & status is what attracts me. I'm tall anyway at 5'9-5'10"(6'6" in my work heels!:sunglasses:) so I'm well used to towering above men

Edit: I think it should go without saying that personality is still a major factor in whether you find someone attractive or not, at least it is for me

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: GoldLeafIndigo, gottago222, blueclover_. and 4 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Incels: Women only care about looks.
Society: No, you fucking misogynist, they only care about money!

• Yay!
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, TooConscious, Feeding Pigeons and 10 others
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
I always find tall guys much much more attractive. I am 5'8". I dated shorter guys than me which was fine bit I feel much more in sync with guys who are reasonably taller and little bigger. 6 ft is perfect for me. I dont like much taller though or it just feels weird and intimidating. Just a preference. When it comes in general, short guys are much less visible and desirable. Tallness is associated with more masculinity, strength, protection and better health which is not always accurate but looks to have some evolutionary advantage to it and thus more attractive in general.

P.S. OP, people are penalized in the dating scene not just for how short they are, race is an important factor, hairiness, baldness, hair texture, skin conditions, fitness, accents is important. Most of these things we cant really control and as my dad always used to say with us when we were kids "dont look down on people you dont like how they look because they did not make themselves". We are superficial beings. There are exceptions but thats how we are.

Edit: I think there are some people who look better than others and have better physical traits and we have natural and innate way of roughly guaging someone's attractiveness based on superficial looks. But thats only one aspect in attractiveness. Personality and other factors are also very important and people make compromises and can feel happy with them. No one has to have it all to be happy with what they have

Last edited:
Reactions: wait.what and blueclover_.
chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
This the kind of thing that only the ones in the stigmatized group can understand. I don't care for my height at all, but hearing people commenting on it, making jokes and recurrently telling me that they thought I was taller when we first meet is, at least, unnecessary.
And there was this occasion when I was about to make a presentation and they replaced me because they wanted someone "with more presence, to cause an impression"

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic, ncmxm and motel rooms
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
is it really that important for a man to be at least 6 ft tall?

If the question regards what straight women think, I don't believe that all of them would look for a man who's at least 6 ft tall. There are several criteria, of which height is just one.

The universe: if you are a man, you are automatically feeling entitled to all women's bodies and love, and you should blame the patriarchy for your own shortcomings :wink:

Reactions: blueclover_.
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
The universe: if you are a man, you are automatically feeling entitled to all women's bodies and love, and you should blame the patriarchy for your own shortcomings :wink:
Your own shortcomings = your genes and environment.

Reactions: SuicideM4n, death137, Superdeterminist and 1 other person
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
I'm 5"2 ( 1.58m)
I do like taller guys, they make me feel safe and protected.
Ofcourse that's not always true.
But I've never felt attracted to a small guy.

I think it's some primal thing...

Reactions: xLosthopex, miserableforever and Snake of Eden
B

bigfishlittlefish

Student
Dec 21, 2021
I know that really short guys are unfairly penalized for their height, but is it really that important for a man to be at least 6 ft tall? Is a guy really utterly & totally fucked if he's, say, 5'8 ft?
The average height for white men in the States is 178 cm (5'10 ft), 176.4 cm (5 ft 9+1​2​ in) for African Americans, 172.3 cm (5'8 ft) for Asians & 171.2 cm (5 ft 7+1​2​ in) for Latinos. Dutch men are the tallest in the world - 183.8 cm (6 ft 1​2​ in). Brazil - 170.7 cm (5'7 ft). Malaysia - 165.2 cm (5'5 ft). Something doesn't add up here :notsure:, somebody's being paranoid.

I'm 190 cm, quite tall. I can also still afford to be very superficial when it comes to other gay men's looks, but "masculinity", a nice face & a reasonably fit body are much more important than height to me. I've slept with plenty of quite short Latinos & Arabs & some Asians. From what I've observed over the years, handsome gay guys with average social skills do just fine even if they're pretty short. It isn't hard for average-looking normie gays of average height to get laid either.

I highly doubt that the average gay man cares significantly less about height than the average str8 woman. The obvious difference between us is that women are much more interested in long-term relationships (& having kids, ofc), so they care more about a man's socioeconomic status. I'm pretty sure they don't give a shit if a guy is 5'8 if they perceive him as someone attractive enough who's got his shit together. The average Latino man in the US is only 5 ft 7+1​2​ in. Why aren't most of them depressed af? How come some white & black women marry Latinos of average height?

Please try & remember I started this post by saying that I know really short guys are unfairly penalized for their height. Let the senseless bloodshed begin.
The dating world is a seriously crazy place. I mean, for sure, people have preferences about things they find appealling or attractive, but I don't really know if that translates to an overall bias in the general population.

Personally, I have had a thing about tall guys but that's because I'm 6ft2 myself, and being female and that height is *really* hard to deal with. The one time I had a partner taller than me it was amazing as I finally got to feel 'small'. No one ever looks at a 6ft2 female-presenting person and sees vulnerability. In a 5ft4 female-presenting person, for sure. But not for someone my height. And yet the funny thing is that the friends I have who are that short are way stronger and less vulnerable or whatever than I am, but people see height and subconsciously equate that to strength.

I wanted a taller partner because I wanted to have an occasional holiday from having to be the 'big spoon'. If any of that makes sense?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: OrcWitch, motel rooms and Snake of Eden
motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021

:)) Let it be noted that I only said that the average str8 woman cares more about a man's socioeconomic status than the average gay guy because so many of us gays don't wanna settle down. Most gay normies who wanna get married are every bit as interested in a guy's status as their str8 female counterparts.

To live

Short people could give dating other short people a shot...

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
:)) Let it be noted that I only said that the average str8 woman cares more about a man's socioeconomic status than the average gay guy because so many of us gays don't wanna settle down. Most gay normies who wanna get married are every bit as interested in a guy's status as their str8 female counterparts.
Everyone knows u hate women, bro. You would hate men too if you didn't need 2 fuck em. (I am drunk, don't ban me).

Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

Jun 22, 2021
Short people could give dating other short people a shot...
I hear what you are saying but some people are into dating people who look like them and i see that very prevalent in gay dating scene. Myself on the other hand I dont feel attracted to people with my attributes. Somehow it feels too close to home and borederline incestous.

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
After a certain point I'm just physically incapable of finding someone attractive if they're dramatically shorter than me. Like having your chin level with my belly button. But I have been very attracted to guys 3 to 6 inches shorter than me. But I'm not a stacy so who knows.

One thing I like about incels is that they at least acknowledge women have physical attraction. Many PUA and "how to be alpha" type content pushes this idea that women are solely attracted to this aura of confidence and masculine behaviors, when that's complete bullshit. Maybe I'm weird but I get irritated when someone is hyper confident and assertive towards me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc and Snake of Eden
B

bleeeeeep

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
Jan 5, 2022
as a woman, height isn't the be all and end all for me, and neither is status or money to be honest. it's nice to imagine being able to be 'looked after' (financially) somewhat by a partner but to me it isn't the most important factor to entirely base a relationship on. but then again i don't see myself settling down, not because i don't want to at some point, but because it feels like an impossibility.

i'm 5'4 or so and i have been with people much taller than me as well as similar height, and the only reason i chose not to see them again was because we didn't get on in terms of our outlooks/personalities.. i don't see myself as the type to discount someone for not being tall enough, whether for a serious or casual relationship, though there are definitely a lot of people who would. i don't think short men are doomed forever. and i still like to believe there's someone for everyone but that might be the last dregs of youthful optimism :P

• Hugs
Reactions: ImsooDone1N and chocolatebar
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
i don't see myself as the type to discount someone for not being tall enough, whether for a serious or casual relationship,
"Serious", huh? As in lasting for two years?

Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

Jun 22, 2021
Maybe I'm weird but I get irritated when someone is hyper confident and assertive towards me.
no you are not. I always find over confidence is a big turn off especially when the person is not all that attractive irl. I find some humility and insecurity as very attractive. Also little bit of playful cockiness (like in a teasing way) is also attractive if the person is really physically attractive. If someone isnt physically attractive and vain it is such a turn off. I notice alot of none attractive guys in my region of the world think they are the shit once they hit the gym and improve their looks little. It is nauseating

Reactions: CryWolf
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I think it's a plus. I'm 6'5" and despite my shit life I manage to keep myself together enough to look okay and make it appear as if I've got my stuff together. And I've had girlfriends since I was 18. Like people can say height doesn't matter and on the surface it doesn't, but they are kidding themselves if they think it doesn't help a guy attract a mate. It's not the be all end all, of course. More like an "in". If I was the same person in every way but 8 inches shorter I know I would have had a much harder time of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: faex42, 2rats and Snake of Eden
B

bleeeeeep

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
Jan 5, 2022
"Serious", huh? As in lasting for two years?
lol i don't really have a timeframe for what to consider serious, mainly because i haven't ever been in a 'serious relationship' under any definition. i more meant something that isn't just meaningless sex/a regular hookup.

motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
Everyone knows u hate women, bro. You would hate men too if you didn't need 2 fuck em. (I am drunk, don't ban me).

Just because I fuck men doesn't mean I don't hate them. Fortunately, misanthropy is accepted, nay, encouraged on SS. :))

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment
Z

zzdam

Jan 5, 2022

Doesn't do much for my mental health

Having said that i'd probably be depressed for even another reason if I was below average in height,

blueclover_.

blueclover_.

Better Never to Have Been: 2006, David Benatar
Oct 11, 2021

I think it depends, not every woman wants the same thing in a man and vice versa for men. As a 5'2 domme, i care more about looks than a man's socioeconomic status. But that's maybe because i'm bi/pangenderflux, who knows. Generalization can be harmful because not all people have the same inherent biological/cultural traits.
I'm 5"2 ( 1.58m)
I do like taller guys, they make me feel safe and protected.
Ofcourse that's not always true.
But I've never felt attracted to a small guy.

I think it's some primal thing...
Can't relate, now my offsprings are gonna have lower chance of survival because i like the men who can't win the bread. But hey i'm a careerwoman so i guess i'll be fine-

Last edited:
motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
I think it's a plus. I'm 6'5" and despite my shit life I manage to keep myself together enough to look okay and make it appear as if I've got my stuff together.

Tallness is associated with more masculinity, strength, protection and better health which is not always accurate but looks to have some evolutionary advantage to it and thus more attractive in general.

There are guys who are very frustrated because they're too tall. Tallness isn't terribly attractive if you aren't built well; if you're tall & very thin people will call you gangly/stringy/a giraffe... A masculine short man with a nice face & decent muscles (he doesn't have to be ripped af) is hot enough for this tall sick puppy. :ahhha:

This the kind of thing that only the ones in the stigmatized group can understand.

I can understand the plight of short people. I just don't think that men of average height are fucked just because they aren't 6 ft tall.

The dating world is a seriously crazy place. I mean, for sure, people have preferences about things they find appealling or attractive, but I don't really know if that translates to an overall bias in the general population.

It makes sense to try to determine what most people who belong to a certain group do & why they do it. Social science wouldn't exist if that weren't the case...

Personally, I have had a thing about tall guys but that's because I'm 6ft2 myself, and being female and that height is *really* hard to deal with.
I wanted a taller partner because I wanted to have an occasional holiday from having to be the 'big spoon'. If any of that makes sense?

Of course it makes sense. :hug:

P.S. OP, people are penalized in the dating scene not just for how short they are, race is an important factor, hairiness, baldness, hair texture, skin conditions, fitness, accents is important. We are superficial beings.

You don't have to explain that to me, I know I'm superficial. :ahhha: I'd rather make out &/or have sex with a guy who is a 7 with a great personality/sense of humor than a 9 who's a vain dumbass & is interested in me just because he has a big dick fetish, though.

Reactions: Snake of Eden
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
There are guys who are very frustrated because they're too tall. Tallness isn't terribly attractive if you aren't built well; if you're tall & very thin people will call you gangly/stringy/a giraffe... A masculine short man with a nice face & decent muscles (he doesn't have to be ripped af) is hot enough for this tall sick puppy. :ahhha:

I can understand the plight of short people. I just don't think that men of average height are fucked just because they aren't 6 ft tall.

It makes sense to try to determine what most people who belong to a certain group do & why they do it. Social science wouldn't exist if that weren't the case...

Of course it makes sense. :hug:

You don't have to explain that to me, I know I'm superficial. :ahhha: I'd rather make out &/or have sex with a guy who is a 7 with a great personality/sense of humor than a 9 who's a vain dumbass & is interested in me just because he has a big dick fetish, though.
I'm 17 stone! I'm like The Rock, only without the muscles.

motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
  • Yay!
Reactions: wait.what, bluedream and Silenos
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'm a 6'0 tall baby-faced Asian man so…no I don't think being tall is enough.

Besides, lots of male celebrities are actually quite short and they can still be considered extremely attractive look at Tom Holland, now look at his girlfriend Zendaya. She's taller than him and apparently doesn't care!

Plus, apparently short guys statistically have more sex. This is probably because of people like me ruining the data by never having had sex while still being considered tall but still.

Reactions: CryWolf
ThriveOrDie

ThriveOrDie

We are already in hell
Jul 11, 2019
I just need a man to be a little bit taller than me but I'm only 5'2" so I think that is pretty reasonable.

• Love
Reactions: faex42