• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

paroxysm

paroxysm

I Felt Nothing
Sep 17, 2023
is anyone else struggling to find and keep a job? existing is already exhausting but the process of finding jobs makes it even more unbearable. i genuinely can't understand people without any mental problems like depression, anxiety etc. how can they just go through life without wanting to die? i can't even get through the day without contemplating suicide at least once or fantasizing about it.

JaJu

JaJu

Apr 3, 2024
Barely got a job, but unsure as to how long I'll be able to stay at it as I'm already longing for it to end (maybe that's my covid symptoms talking), but I also don't understand how people do it—get up early in the morning before the sun rises, when it's still dark and cold, work all day and then come home to just wash eat and sleep for the next day... and they do that for YEARS. I was told if I didn't have depression, I would appreciate life (whatever that means), so I think I have a harder time understanding how individuals who do struggle with their mental health keep their jobs and consistently work to live. Like you said,
existing is already exhausting
At this point, the only driving force I can think of is SI. Unable to CTB, but desperately not wanting to become homeless and increase the amount of suffering while on this unfortunate planet.

ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
Yes, I'm also struggling to find a job.

A month ago, I managed to get a job, but the downside was that it ruined my mental health (night shifts, excessive physical work, 11-12 hours a day for 4 days, toxic work environment, etc.). So I quit it a few weeks ago.

Currently, I'm looking for a new job, but unfortunately, living in the third world and in a small town, my opportunities are very limited, and honestly, I don't like anything.
All the jobs I find involve using the whole body and not the brain. I need a job that distracts my mind from negative thoughts, but all the jobs where you use your brain require a college education, which makes me feel more frustrated since I dropped out of college.

I've been thinking about finding a job in a city near my town, the same city where I studied for 1 year at college, but I don't think my family will let me be alone there again...

Last edited:
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
get up early in the morning before the sun rises, when it's still dark and cold, work all day and then come home to just wash eat and sleep for the next day... and they do that for YEARS.
That sounds like pure, unadulterated torture. It sounds mind-numbingly boring. I'd rather ctb than have to do that, and for the rest of my life? No fucking way. I'd rather die! That's no way to live

Last edited:
Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
I've been trying to get a job for a while now but still nothing in my field. I don't want to work, but I'd rather work than lose everything and not even be able to eat, I can barely afford things sometimes. Only reason I haven't starved to death yet is because my necessities are covered by financial aid while I'm in college, I'm screwed after that if I can't get a job. Then again, I'm planning on CTBing after I graduate if things don't get better by then.

Helvete

Helvete

Apr 9, 2024
There are other side gigs you can do to make money from home as well. I flip clothes and have grown to enjoy that as well as make some good money. Might be an easier route to try doing something unconventional especially since you can work wherever and whenever you want. If you have any artistic talents, maybe you could set up a Fiverr account and see if you can monetize it.

LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
I'm very afraid I could never get a job because of my mental health problems. I have money because my mother died, and I live on it for the moment, because for whatever reason I cannot get my disability allowance. But it won't last long. I'm gonna have to CTB at some point anyway.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
There are other side gigs you can do to make money from home as well. I flip clothes and have grown to enjoy that as well as make some good money. Might be an easier route to try doing something unconventional especially since you can work wherever and whenever you want. If you have any artistic talents, maybe you could set up a Fiverr account and see if you can monetize it.
What if I have singing talent? Can I monetize that?

Reactions: davidtorez
Hated By All

Hated By All

Death will give me peace
Sep 21, 2022
I've struggled finding jobs, their are jobs available but they're low pay or temporary contracts so after a certain time you're replaced unless you find a career. It's a nightmare trying to apply for jobs and getting an interview.

I also have autism and mental illness and I doubt I have much of a chance in the competitive job market. I think you need connections as well which I don't have and some people still think I'm a normie or something, it's a joke.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I have a job but it seems that I will probably have to leave it if I am to stay sane long enough to properly plan my CTB (or even recover from the need to CTB ). I know conventional wisdom dictates I should find another job before I move on, probably one that's less physically demanding than my current one, but I'm just too lazy. People at my current job think I'm overqualified just because I have a business degree but it's not like I've retained any knowledge from it. My current job has great benefits but it's not like I'm really able to take advantage of them since I have no interest in searching for doctors physical or mental.

Last edited:
JaJu

JaJu

Apr 3, 2024
That sounds like pure, unadulterated torture. It sounds mind-numbingly boring. I'd rather ctb than have to do that, and for the rest of my life? No fucking way. I'd rather die! That's no way to live
And it may be—though the only definite way of knowing whether it is torture or not is by trying because while there are horrible aspects of having to work (never-ending schedule/restricted freedom, toll on mental and physical health, lack of enjoyment), some might find tiny pockets of positives while they work that takes the whole work life just outside of the boundaries of torture, not enough that it doesn't suck, but enough that it's better than risking a failed attempt at ctb or becoming homeless. Some of the tiny pockets of positives might include:

- gaining some self-respect from learning new skills and experience while also being able to take a little more control over your life from parents by independently driving/taking transportation to job location and having an independent schedule that also separates yourself from parents a bit more (also being able to invest in yourself with what you earn)

- staying on top of self-care (hygiene, grooming, beauty, fashion, etc.) also elevates self-confidence although it does require effort (and I know how tiring it can be as I used to do none of that before I started working)

- any friendly exchanges with coworkers, clients, or customers can make a big difference not only on how the day is going, but also how you see and feel about yourself. Having been in complete social isolation for a good 5 years before this job, the last thing I wanted was to work with people (and honestly I'd still prefer working alone if I could), but I guess thinking and believing how it's going to feel (expectation) vs. actually experiencing it in person (reality) can be very different depending on who you work with

- there's the reward to treat yourself to something yummy or enjoyable after a long day at work (kind of goes back into investing in yourself)

- you have something fresh to complain and rant about everyday LOL it seems to be a way many of our coworkers release some of their steam, sh**talk about their work situation, difficult/rude/entitled customers they had to deal with, or the way management handles certain things. You'll find a lot of new comrades bonding in the field of job sh**talking 👍 (I personally avoid doing this at my job, but am happy to release my steam here on SS :ahhha:)

But I think for now, my biggest relief is that I'm not staring at an empty void/future like I was before. The feeling of hopelessness from doing nothing was eating away at me slowly. Of course, that may have to do with me getting older as well. I think if I were still in my early 20s, I wouldn't feel as desperate as I am now.

-Toplox-

-Toplox-

Nov 25, 2018
I have a job..i guess and feel the same. I'm not living life, i'm just alive. I'm shit at my job, all of my coworkers and manager hate me. My bosses pity me and that's the only reason they haven't fired me. No one looks at me in the mornings, no greetings or handshakes. Idk what i'm even writing.

I hope that when you get employed, it switches everything around for you. I hope it helps give you purpose and that you thrive at it. Take care

Reactions: davidtorez
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
I used to be so determined. No one could outwork me. I was always grinding to keeo up with the Jones. But now at 44yo, I realize it was all for nothing. I couldn't give 2 fcks now. Death is the ideal life event for me now and there is no changing my mind.

D

dyingslowly

Jul 17, 2023
is anyone else struggling to find and keep a job? existing is already exhausting but the process of finding jobs makes it even more unbearable. i genuinely can't understand people without any mental problems like depression, anxiety etc. how can they just go through life without wanting to die? i can't even get through the day without contemplating suicide at least once or fantasizing about it.

Bro, you are not alone at all most of the people are going through this and I don't know how people are just getting on day by day, it honestly scares the shit about me I do work freelance but regular job and people scare the shit out of me that I don't want to be around. I think about suicide all the time like literally I am thinking about it suicide all the time that I have to take time off of thinking it to do some work lol.

Zanmato

Zanmato

Apr 4, 2024
Get up early in the morning before the sun rises, when it's still dark and cold, work all day and then come home to just wash eat and sleep for the next day... and they do that for YEARS. I was told if I didn't have depression, I would appreciate life (whatever that means)

How can someone really appreciate that??
This "job world" is just so sick and toxic.
You have to do it, to live.
But you can't really live and "enjoying life", because of it.
Because after you're so tired to do anything, but resting.
What a world.

JaJu

JaJu

Apr 3, 2024
How can someone really appreciate that??
This "job world" is just so sick and toxic.
You have to do it, to live.
But you can't really live and "enjoying life", because of it.
Because after you're so tired to do anything, but resting.
What a world.
A part of me believes that people who appreciate that kind of work schedule are npcs and not actual human beings 💀

anonymousbookreader

anonymousbookreader

Apr 5, 2024
Can't find one either and it's making everything harder. I don't even want to work I just need money. I don't understand people without the struggle either. I envy their ability to want to live.

lnlybnny

lnlybnny

Experienced
Jan 25, 2024
i'm neet, never had a job, and sometimes i apply for jobs so i don't feel so terrible abt it but whenever they call me i freak the f out and panic, thinking of everything i'll have to endure, all the humiliations, having to socialize and make contact with other ppl in order to survive... and the pressure just keeps growing, everyone around me looks down on me bc of this, it's one of the reasons i want to ctb, it's overwhelmingly unbearable to me, i wasn't born for this, i hate it here i really do

• Hugs
Reactions: Zanmato and JaJu
JaJu

JaJu

Apr 3, 2024
i'm neet, never had a job, and sometimes i apply for jobs so i don't feel so terrible abt it but whenever they call me i freak the f out and panic, thinking of everything i'll have to endure, all the humiliations, having to socialize and make contact with other ppl in order to survive... and the pressure just keeps growing, everyone around me looks down on me bc of this, it's one of the reasons i want to ctb, it's overwhelmingly unbearable to me, i wasn't born for this, i hate it here i really do
so similar! that's almost exactly what goes through my mind and I've missed quite a few opportunities because I couldn't pick up the phone. thankfully with this job they emailed me an advanced notice to set up an interview so I could be more mentally prepared, but that didn't stop me from sweating buckets ;-;
I'm still bracing for everything I'll need to endure as a newbie—so far, it hasn't been as bad as I was expecting or imagined it would be, if that's any consolation. I think expectation can definitely be scarier than reality when we're dealing with anxiety.

• Hugs
Reactions: Zanmato
Zanmato

Zanmato

Apr 4, 2024
is anyone else struggling to find and keep a job?
To answer, yes.
I applied way more, once, with no much success.
Don't really know the reasons, honestly.
Then, I had only a few jobs, for a short time, and when I have to say this, I feel so much ashamed.
Some experience were actually good, tbh, and 'd be glad if I ever have the change to do those jobs again.
Others, were a nightmare, especially because of coworkes.
Because of these bad experiences, now I'm struggling way more to apply and, my "social anxiety" doesn't help me at all.
Damn my life.

pilotviolin

pilotviolin

Student
Jan 27, 2024
yeah. ive had some jobs, which all i have to say is i regret not standing my ground even if it meant physical altercations with customers and coworkers haha. i lasted at my last job for a month and was basically approaching alcoholism during that time lol. im procrastinating applying which i really need to get on top of in a week max but i just cant find it in me to care.

Some experience were actually good, tbh, and 'd be glad if I ever have the change to do those jobs again.
Others, were a nightmare, especially because of coworkes.
Because of these bad experiences, now I'm struggling way more to apply and, my "social anxiety" doesn't help me at all.

i understand a bit of this, i hope you find somewhere that isnt awful with awful people. so many jobs, even "bad" ones would be tolerable if people just werent pricks and minded their business. if its ok to ask, what jobs did you enjoy/consider working in again?

Zanmato

Zanmato

Apr 4, 2024
If its ok to ask, what jobs did you enjoy/consider working in again?
Sure, it's fine, I can think about two jobs!

One was in a cinema, only for Christmas period.
It might be weird, because of course there was a lot of people, but some beside some anxiety,coworkes and "clients" were really kind!
Of course there was some bad clients, with a few manners, but still... good memories are way more, after all
So, I felt good there, I'd be glad to try that again (I tried to apply, but never got a chance again).

The other one, was in a warehouse, only for August, to replace someone.
I had to do a job on my own, so I could stay alone, but some people were actually kind with me
Same as before, beside some anxiety, I was comfortable