I

iwantttogo

Aug 25, 2018
i'm asking just to be extra certain i'm not missing some unspoken rule not to use a dog lead, because i've rarely seen it suggested as a ligament and that makes me a bit paranoid.
i thought it would be an obvious choice because i know for sure it wont break, since it has held the weight of my large dog pulling at it for years.

Reactions: Comatose11 and lv-gras
Death_From_Above

Death_From_Above

Student
Aug 25, 2018
I can't see why it shouldn't work in principal. If you have a noose that can constrict as pressure is applied, and able to anchor the other end, you should be good to go

Reactions: Comatose11, Rocky M, Mayfil and 1 other person
Sidestep

Sidestep

Student
Aug 15, 2018
I used one in my failed attempt. It failed because I didn't tie it to the beam properly but it worked fine otherwise. The only thing is that when the handle part was near my neck it seemed to apply a bit less pressure than the plain lead part.

Reactions: Comatose11
I

iwantttogo

Aug 25, 2018
I used one in my failed attempt. It failed because I didn't tie it to the beam properly but it worked fine otherwise. The only thing is that when the handle part was near my neck it seemed to apply a bit less pressure than the plain lead part.
the lead i have is a weird design because it doesnt have a metal clip on it, it just has a little metal loop so i can put the rope through it to make a slip knot, thats what im going to use as my noose. because of that im hoping it will apply enough pressure

Reactions: lv-gras